SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye Week

SWSiouxMN

I feel UND football has not been very relevant to Grand Forks and the state of North Dakota the last 10 years.  A home football game likely gets televised and gets a little more media coverage statewide than going on the road.  Also, football at home that weekend would be the only sport in town so even though attendance may be down compared to round 2 or 3 of the playoffs, I think the casual sports fan may come to check it out.  Plus, playing at home increases the chances of winning.  That may get another playoff game on TV and more exposure.  Winning a playoff game (or two) will only build interest and potentially increase season ticket sales next season.  

Agreed. We have to start someplace and this would be a nice first step for Faison to show us he cares at least a little bit about FB.

Fighting Sioux flag spotted on GameDay in Bama.

I missed that. I only watched about 15 minutes. Listened to some in the radio. I did love the sign that read feed me corn dogs. Would be cool to go to one those shows. 

I've mentioned that this game scares me.  Just because their jersery has UNC on it, most everyone thinks is a win!? No one is guaranteed a win, and UNC is improved this year.  They should have beat e wash two weeks ago (last sec fg) but had some unfortunate bounces, and they have nothing to lose.  If they can hold off port st they will have a swagger and the utmost confidence they can beat und.   They've played the top 2 dogs in the big sky to what at the moment looks like a win and a should-of-victory.  Hope und is healthy 

I've mentioned that this game scares me.  Just because their jersery has UNC on it, most everyone thinks is a win!? No one is guaranteed a win, and UNC is improved this year.  They should have beat e wash two weeks ago (last sec fg) but had some unfortunate bounces, and they have nothing to lose.  If they can hold off port st they will have a swagger and the utmost confidence they can beat und.   They've played the top 2 dogs in the big sky to what at the moment looks like a win and a should-of-victory.  Hope und is healthy 

I agree. Good points. But they probably don't want to overlook UND either?  Should be fun!

Plus, if UNC wins out they'll be 7-4 and have an outside chance for the playoffs, although it would be a big longshot, as they don't have a very impressive resume.