SiouxSports.com Forum

Griz Game Predictions

Nodak78

Lets get this started.  I'm going to the game and hope for the best.  Which team does the best job of imposing their will on the other team.

UND will need to rush for over 200+ and control the clock the entire game.  Griz don't care about time of possession, they just want to score.  We can not turnover the ball to have a chance.

On defense we will need to put pressure on the QB.  They play without a TE and Fullback so we will need to have quick OLB play for sacks.  Hopefully Reyes is back.

Going with the heart.

UND 24

Griz 21

UND 28

Montana 24

Reyes comes back. Griz are playing a true freshman QB (remember when UND did that last season?). UND running game continues to produce. UND finds a way to not turn it over. Lastly, offense hangs on to the ball and finishes out the game, like vs UC Davis and @ Portland State. 

I will say, turnovers will kill UND's chances completely. UND needs to win the turnover battle considering the defense is facing a true freshman QB. 

UND grinds out some yards and moves the ball to take a 16-10 lead into halftime.

Montana sells out to stop the run in the second half daring us to throw the ball. Offense goes 3 and out 5 or 6 times and the defense wears down and Montana wins 27-16......stop me if you have heard this before.

This is not a shot at our team or the job Bubba is doing......it is just where we are right now at this stage of a total rebuild.

If you guys can run up our gut the way Weber did, you have a good shot.  If we can pass at will, you are screwed.  I expect some mix of those two possibilities.  Ain't football fun?

i'm sure we will rush for a couple  or 3 TD's but if Reyes doesn't play we are screwed with your passing attack.

Edited by Nodak78

Another terrible matchup due to style (hurry up offense), injuries to the UND defense, and having two weeks for the Griz to gameplan.

Despite the 3rd string QB, the talent difference (and having two weeks to identify and exploit matchups) between the UND secondary and the Griz receiving corps is so large that there will be Griz receivers running so free downfield that the QB won't have to worry about hitting tight spots or throwing guys open.  It will be just pitch and catch.  The UND offense just can't keep up.

Griz 31

UND 13

UND has a ton of injuries to assume they can win this game however they are playing a pretty pathetic Montana team with their 3rd string QB.  Definitely not the same team people were expecting this year. 

For either school. Both teams have missed being 6-1 or 5-1 by razor thin margins despite the injuries each have suffered.

Interesting line, think we can hang within 13?

Yes, I think UND is more than capable of winning this game. Now, that doesn't mean they will.

Montana is playing a first-time starting QB and UND could easily be 6-1 right now. The return of Cole Reyes will be huge for the secondary. Also, don't discount Bartels getting his second start; he will have had a chance to clean up the mistakes that cost UND the game last weekend in Ogden, Utah. Lastly, UND has been able to run the football quite well in conference play, it just hasn't been a full-game effort. If UND can make their rushing attack as good in the fourth quarter as it has been in the first three quarters, UND will certainly have a chance to win this game. It is a must-win also; don't discount that aspect. 

Definitely a must win game.  They need to win out to have a chance of making the playoffs. 

There is a chance of making the playoffs if they lose one game; that is, they go 3-1 to finish the season. That would put them at 7-4 (5-3) with an FBS win and potentially a few wins against ranked teams (Portland State and possibly @Montana, vs Montana State, and @ Cal Poly).  Obviously, though, winning out would be the best case scenario: UND DEFINITELY makes the playoffs at 8-3 (6-2). 

I hope we've got a better plan to deal with the noise than we did in the fargodome.....getting up to the line and then standing there for 15 seconds while the crowd noise gets up to 200 decibels didn't work too well.   I've been wrong two weeks in a row.. hoping i'm wrong again.

Montana   34

UND         24