SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber Game Thread

bincitysioux

What's with the hockey vitriol? I don't get the football-hockey fan divisiveness going on in here. Wow.

It occurs when hockey-only fans troll the football forum after losses. A lot of hockey-only fans blame UND's other sports teams for the loss of the name, and thus take shots at them when given the opportunity. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Good riddance. It's funny you'll tolerate an anual choke job in the national tourny every year but can't handle two off games in a row due to injures. Your "support" will not be missed.

Yep, me and the others that won't show up to watch a subpar product.  Unfortunately our support will be missed when the seats are empty in the Alerus.

By the way, the annual choke job does an Ok job of filling seats.  Over the last 2 decades (with the exception of a couple of years) every season there is realistic hope to hang another banner in REA.

The football program is years away from being there. 

• Downvote 5

The line is very fine between first place 6-1 (4-0) and on the brink 4-3 (2-2). Remember we handled PSU. Completely controlled that game. We have it in us.

We completely blew two 4th quarter leads two weeks in a row, shows that we deserve to be .500 or worse.

• Upvote 1

Yep, me and the others that won't show up to watch a subpar product.  Unfortunately our support will be missed when the seats are empty in the Alerus.

By the way, the annual choke job does an Ok job of filling seats.  Over the last 2 decades (with the exception of a couple of years) every season there is realistic hope to hang another banner in REA.

I think this is funny. How come UND still supports the hockey team when it gets to the final 4?  You've been a subpar product there too.  UND hasn't won a hockey championship since like 2000.  Do you know longer have expectations?  I know how rich and proud your hockey program is, and that's unacceptable.  You pride your program on championships, and rightfully so.  Conference banners are meaningless. CHampionships should be the only thing that matters, 

If I was a UND fan, I would probably quit supporting that subpar product too.  Until they win another championship.  If that ever even happens.

True colors.  Must be real tough to be a UND hockey fan.  You are a true warrior to deal with that every year.

You are right the football team has a ways to go.   Not a reason to bail out on them in my opinion.   

It occurs when hockey-only fans troll the football forum after losses. A lot of hockey-only fans blame UND's other sports teams for the loss of the name, and thus take shots at them when given the opportunity. 

That's just asinine on those fans' part. :glare:

Pretty sad to see such a line drawn in the sand with the bashing of different sport programs of UND. But with reading posts from Old Time Hockey, I can see the natural urge to troll back and bash the hockey team.

Depth is  certainly an issue right now.  But this loss to me is way worse than the one to ISU.  ISU was a horrible matchup for our defense.  Even with the injuries we have, we should be able to put away a team like Weber St, especially with a 14 point lead in the 2nd half.  Not saying Weber is a ad team, but what they want to do plays to our strengths. I haven seen a whole lot of mental fortitude in the last two weeks.

Filled with way too many pompous, entitled, fair weather fans that are there for the event more than anything. Were you a big hockey fan in the early 90s when they sucked?

Be careful, the duckies and bunnies folks on this board might not like the criticism of the football program right now.  They might call you a .........troll.

No you criticized football and said you can now go back to Hockey and stop caring about FB, you ×#/*£.  

Edited by UNDBIZ
Language

Until we have a quarterback who can throw it to a receiver we are going to have a hard time finishing games. 

nothing closer to the truth than this. The last two losses sting but we are not good enough to compete in the playoffs anyways. We are learning this season what it's going to take to win these close games and what positions we need to improve at. I'm not too disappointed in bartles performance. The first half of the season was great but we have a lot of developing to do before we can expect our team to be 6-1.

Depth is  certainly an issue right now.  But this loss to me is way worse than the one to ISU.  ISU was a horrible matchup for our defense.  Even with the injuries we have, we should be able to put away a team like Weber St, especially with a 14 point lead in the 2nd half.  Not saying Weber is a ad team, but what they want to do plays to our strengths. I haven seen a whole lot of mental fortitude in the last two weeks.

I agree!  I'm surprised that people didn't crucify me last week for predicting a loss.  This week I true truly believe we were gonna win.  How do we not run the football in the 4th quarter against this team?  Mentally this is a fragile football team, especially in the fourth quarter.

True colors.  Must be real tough to be a UND hockey fan.  You are a true warrior to deal with that every year.

So - Bubba and staff once again get out adjusted at half-time and blow a very winnable game and you're mad at Hockey fans?  Even if they are a bit fairweather for football the problem is more on the field at this point.  Maybe time for the staff to feel a little heat?