SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @/vs. Bemidji State

AZSIOUX

Funny story...I own a few BSU hats and a jersey, they have been my second favorite team for years. The lake cabin is there also, my oldest might be going there next year.....hopefully! No good luck Beavs this week though.

It's very hard to hate on Bemidji. I am not sure why some hate them. Ala, UNO and UMD fans. 

I graduated high school from Bemidji, MN and played football with the late George Pelawa. I also went to college there for two years, it was absolute blast. I have very fond memories of BSU and Bemidji. I watched them win a Division II hockey title. I have a BSU Beaver tattooed to my right calf. Sat on the bench for a season in football. Loved my time there, would love to move back, someday. I was a roommate with the guy that will do the TV for BSU on Friday night. 

Hard to hate on the Beavers. Back in college, we smoked them during a late afternoon game. I was at suite 49 giving a few Beaver fans a hard time (jokingly of course), they were actually pretty serious and say, "hey, we just appreciate you guys playing us". Made sense, as this was before they were in the WCHA. Pretty cool fans, and a program that really has a chance to do well in the WCHA. For as tough as they usually play UND, I feel like they always under achieve overall, but I would really like to see them do well.

..... just not this weekend.

Don't think people can consider BSU a doormat anymore. They looked good against the dawgs.

I don't think anyone should consider them one. I've seen other teams fans refer to them as a doormat and then go out and get beat by them. 

I still snicker when I think about them beating UNO in their own barn in the WCHA playoffs a few years back. 

Hard to hate on the Beavers. Back in college, we smoked them during a late afternoon game. I was at suite 49 giving a few Beaver fans a hard time (jokingly of course), they were actually pretty serious and say, "hey, we just appreciate you guys playing us". Made sense, as this was before they were in the WCHA. Pretty cool fans, and a program that really has a chance to do well in the WCHA. For as tough as they usually play UND, I feel like they always under achieve overall, but I would really like to see them do well.

..... just not this weekend.

A few years ago there were some Beaver fans in our ssection of the Ralph, and they were loudly cheering " Lets go Beavers " and joking around with us. Then the Sioux scored something like 5 goals. They looked at each other and started a "Let's go Sioux" chant. Hilarious!

• Upvote 1

I've never disliked the beavers even last yr it stung but was a wake up call we needed

Agreed with all points on BSU, I was pulling for them when they made the Frozen Four. Their fans are generally really nice people and great fans. And last year, I couldn't even hate them when they whooped us to open the season. They looked good and we needed to understand we couldn't just show up in our own arena.

I think part of their "like-ability" is they play a hard-nosed game like us(with less skill players), they have a great coach, and the fans a lot of time crossover as Sioux fans as there a lot of GF residents that live part-time in Bemidji area(my parents included).

Edited by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
  • Upvote 1

Bench Gersich?

Yeah, I disagree.  I can't imagine benching that kid. On the radio last weekend it sounded like that second line was doing some tic tac toe passing and generating lots of good looks. 

If he doesn't put in the effort, he and the Finn might trade top6/bottom 6 roles.

Yeah, I disagree.  I can't imagine benching that kid. On the radio last weekend it sounded like that second line was doing some tic tac toe passing and generating lots of good looks. 

If he doesn't put in the effort, he and the Finn might trade top6/bottom 6 roles.

I dont remember the last time we had a line with this much chemistry right at the start of the season.

wwhats the word on Tomek? 

Gersich, Smaltzy, and Boeser together must be forever!

They arent even clicking yet and....wow!

I'm starting to think it will be quite some time yet for Tomek.

I thought berry said something like a week or two more, but based on when he had his offseason surgery .......

it seems highly unlikely that it's that soon, but I could be wrong