SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @/vs. Bemidji State

AZSIOUX

too bad we couldn't have capitalized on that Maine game. Not because it would solidify #1 (rankings are fun, but trivial; that being said I always like knowing we are the top team). More so, because non-conference wins are so key. At least we didn't lose, and it sounds like Maine has a heck of a goalie in McGovern.

just remember it's an October poll we've seen a lot of ugly jerseys hold that spot then fold after the world juniors. 

Definitely .... rankings in general are pretty much garbage until mid-late January. Still nice to see a #1 next to the Sioux ... or at least a number higher than the one listed next to the goofers.

too bad we couldn't have capitalized on that Maine game. Not because it would solidify #1 (rankings are fun, but trivial; that being said I always like knowing we are the top team). More so, because non-conference wins are so key. At least we didn't lose, and it sounds like Maine has a heck of a goalie in McGovern.

I agree it would have been nice to get the win but this time of year I generally look for how the team is playing and try not to focus so much on the results. 

If we would have gotten outskated and out-chanced all night with our goalie having the hot hand to save the game, I wouldn't be as thrilled. I love that it sounds like we are playing an attacking style that puts opponents back on their heels. The goals will come from the sounds of it and I think there is a lot of positives and lessons to take out of the weekend.

I think Bemidji will be a good litmus test for this team as they looked to skate with UMD most of the night on Saturday.

Cue Goon with the classic line....."Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!"

Go Sioux!

Okay, ."Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!"

Funny story: I went to the Galen Nagle Memorial golf tournament this summer and was wearing UND hockey hat when I entered the registration area. BSU head coach Tom Serratore busted me for wearing a UND hat to a Beaver Hockey fundraiser. He said, "Goon you can't wear that hat here." I ended up with a free Beaver Hockey Hat. 

• Upvote 1

Okay, ."Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!"

Funny story: I went to the Galen Nagle Memorial golf tournament this summer and was wearing UND hockey hat when I entered the registration area. BSU head coach Tom Serratore busted me for wearing a UND hat to a Beaver Hockey fundraiser. He said, "Goon you can't wear that hat here." I ended up with a free Beaver Hockey Hat. 

Funny story...I own a few BSU hats and a jersey, they have been my second favorite team for years. The lake cabin is there also, my oldest might be going there next year.....hopefully! No good luck Beavs this week though.

Funny story...I own a few BSU hats and a jersey, they have been my second favorite team for years. The lake cabin is there also, my oldest might be going there next year.....hopefully! No good luck Beavs this week though.

Hard to hate on the Beavers. Back in college, we smoked them during a late afternoon game. I was at suite 49 giving a few Beaver fans a hard time (jokingly of course), they were actually pretty serious and say, "hey, we just appreciate you guys playing us". Made sense, as this was before they were in the WCHA. Pretty cool fans, and a program that really has a chance to do well in the WCHA. For as tough as they usually play UND, I feel like they always under achieve overall, but I would really like to see them do well.

..... just not this weekend.