SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Maine - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

What time did Tim start drinking today, he was trying figure out how many points would be awarded to each team.  It's  non- conference no points for anyone 

for the tourney purpose he was. not league or anything like that 

Edited by AZSIOUX

Haha....that's funny.... coming from the king of the October melt down.

Haha....you must have me confused with someone else.

I haven't had an "October meltdown" for several years now. My meltdowns happen if we start laying eggs down the home stretch to the playoffs or in the NCHC playoffs because you need to be playing your best hockey during that point of the season.

This is one game in October. If this was to happen in February or March, then I would have some concerns. These freshmen have some terrific upside to them.

From our vantage point this was not a hot goalie issue.  UND fired way too many pucks  at the center of the net, right into the goalie.  And they missed a number of prime opportunities.  He did not have to play spectacular, just make the basic save and not give up an easy rebound.  UND dominated this game from start to finish except for very late in the second period when they got tired.  Knowledgeable Maine fans recognized that they got outplayed.  Unfortunately there were many Maine fans who thought they won an NCAA tournament.  They could not understand that this goes into the books as a tie for NCAA purposes.  Cam Johnson got a good game under his belt.  He played solid, although Maine did not have a ton of shots.

This team could do some really good things this year, although the NCHC will provide much better competition than the Icebreaker did.

So true but im sick of hearing that. How do goalies stand on their head so many times against us. 

Heres a good reason why this happens to the Sioux a lot....maybe???

"The tougher my opponents, the more they present me with an opportunity to live up to my full potential and play my best". – Pete Carroll

Teams/individuals look at the Sioux as a team that would be great to beat, they get up and jacked for that match up!

So called target on the back type team. 

My thoughts anyway...

Haha....you must have me confused with someone else.

I haven't had an "October meltdown" for several years now. My meltdowns happen if we start laying eggs down the home stretch to the playoffs or in the NCHC playoffs because you need to be playing your best hockey during that point of the season.

This is one game in October. If this was to happen in February or March, then I would have some concerns. These freshmen have some terrific upside to them.

The Sioux have definitely laid some eggs at the finish, but for years they have been exceptionally good down the stretch.   They've built their reputation on that, whether it was accurate or not.  

I'll disagree with siouxman a bit. NoDak definitely had a bunch of shots that dotted the I on the sweater of Maine's goalie. With almost 50 SOG, that'll happen. But they also made him move side to side a bunch of times. He didn't make any flashy glove saves, but he definitely made some good kick saves on shots following  crossing feeds. For a freshman in his first start, the kid had himself a game. I think depth and strength were what impressed most about the Sioux (yeah, I know but I don't  care). Every third shift or so, Maine got a line out there that could skate w the Sioux. The other shifts, though... Strength was also key for NoDak. Very apparent on faceoffs and strength in corners forced Maine to counterattack. Almost no cycling 5x5.

Edited by IndyBlackBear

Hopefully those who made the trip enjoyed good hospitality, and didn't  leave without sampling some good brews and the best seafood this side of Anchorage.

As for fans at the game, lots of casuals unfamiliar w college game. And the diehards are just starved for optimism. It's been a lean couple years since Nyquist turned pro. Jury's still out on whether the new staff can avoid being LSSU-east. I think we all agree: it's encouraging to see freshman playing well. Now that the tie is in the books, here's hoping y'all go on a nice, long win streak. Cheers!

• Upvote 1