SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

9 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Again nobody comes close to Joe. 23 mil a year for a slap singles hitter playing first base. Puke. 

Oh and I thought his contract was ridiculous when he signed it. Way to many years. 

Hrbek signed a home town "discount" contract, along with Puckett (who was from Chicago but adopted Mpls as hometown), Mauer though sought and got his hometown "plus" contract knowing the Twins could ill-afford not to sign him so he tightened the noose.  Thx Joe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Hrbek signed a home town "discount" contract, along with Puckett (who was from Chicago but adopted Mpls as hometown), Mauer though sought and got his hometown "plus" contract knowing the Twins could ill-afford not to sign him so he tightened the noose.  Thx Joe.

Puckett signed the first contract that worked out to be $3 million per year and was the highest paid player in baseball at the time. That doesn't look like a hometown discount deal. Mauer could have made more money if he had signed with a team like Boston. He didn't take a big discount from Minnesota, but probably could have gotten even more somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fair point but Suter is still stealing from the franchise he plays for more that Joe IMO.

I will still say Jason Pominville for that prize. $5.6M cap hit for three more years for a player who should have been in the press box before Vanek and Zucker Saturday night. I hope they can buy him out after this season.

53 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I will still say Jason Pominville for that prize. $5.6M cap hit for three more years for a player who should have been in the press box before Vanek and Zucker Saturday night. I hope they can buy him out after this season.

Boom. Vomitville is by far the softest player in the entire NHL. Yet he is still on the number 1 line and powerplay. Just for that Yeo needs to go.

9 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Puckett signed the first contract that worked out to be $3 million per year and was the highest paid player in baseball at the time. That doesn't look like a hometown discount deal. Mauer could have made more money if he had signed with a team like Boston. He didn't take a big discount from Minnesota, but probably could have gotten even more somewhere else.

Yep - but people don't want to realize this.  They just want to see the $$$$.

2 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Agreed.

Many years ago in Chicago Trib sports, Mike Royko (may he RIP) said of a trending playoff baseball team, that there was NO WAY they could win it all.

They simply had too many ex-Cubs on the roster, and explained it in great detail.

Well......do the Wild have too many ex-goofers?

Just sayin.

• Upvote 4

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:57 PM, 82SiouxGuy said:
2 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

Many years ago in Chicago Trib sports, Mike Royko (may he RIP) said of a trending playoff baseball team, that there was NO WAY they could win it all.

They simply had too many ex-Cubs on the roster, and explained it in great detail.

Well......do the Wild have too many ex-goofers?

Just sayin.

Hmm, maybe.  Tonight they played a really good 3rd period to get the game tied up and probably deserved that 4th goal but lost in ot.  Effort there and result should have been better but sooner or late though puck luck and/or up against a hot goalie run their course.  I did figure though when Dal go the 3rd goal to go up 3-2 in 2nd period I belive that it was very doubtful Min with their lack of goal scoring could get 4 goals to beat them.  Sure enough, that came true.

Wild deserved better last night, but they have some weird obstacle to getting the puck in the net.  Koivu's goal could nearly have been overturned. SMH, I just don't understand how they're not scoring more.  Obviously a couple of stops by the goalie were going on his personal highlight reel, but that doesn't account for the other 30 that just didn't get through.

On 2/5/2016 at 8:35 PM, Oxbow6 said:

.........mark it down: Yeo will get the ax on 2/12.

...wait for it, wait for it.............in 3...2...1

If it isn't today do the Wild can him on Valentine's day? I really can not comprehend the fact they would send Yeo on the western road trip after the Wild lose to BOS on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

...wait for it, wait for it.............in 3...2...1

If it isn't today do the Wild can him on Valentine's day? I really can not comprehend the fact they would send Yeo on the western road trip after the Wild lose to BOS on Saturday.

If that's the case I'm hoping for a loss. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:36 PM, Blackheart said:

At some point the Wild are their record.

Exactly, which now is nearing .500 but that's in danger of plummeting further.  Haks in Philly has about the same record on the season (yeay, a long ways to go yet) as the Wild do but with a team that was expected to be in the lower 1/4 of the league, unlike the wild who were looking I believe to be in the top 10.  Not all on Yeo I guess but gotta do something to shake it up, seems like a very underperforming and fragile team.