SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Manitoba - Gameday

AZSIOUX

You know, I only watched the game out of one eye, and I have no idea if Manitoba is any good at all (always need to take into account the quality of the opponent), but I was really pleased with what I did see tonight.  If this team can play like this against D1 opponents, they may not look THIS good, but they'll give themselves a chance to win a lot of games.    

You know, I only watched the game out of one eye, and I have no idea if Manitoba is any good at all (always need to take into account the quality of the opponent), but I was really pleased with what I did see tonight.  If this team can play like this against D1 opponents, they may not look THIS good, but they'll give themselves a chance to win a lot of games.    

forwards to d 80% of these guys have good to great offensive skills. 4 of the freshman all top ushl goal guys. Boeser and Wilkie were at the top. Throw in a an elite playmaker (may be best in country) in #8 and that could be a nice formula this season. Change from a few prior teams.

Huge test out of the gate on the road. Hell they will be tested road wise the first month minus one game vs the beavs in gf. Young guys will have to grow up fast. Hope Tomek is ready to roll Friday 

Lot of critics on Cam early? I had a front row seat to all 3, #2 was soft, the other two he had no chance. After the soft one he looked relaxed. The freshmen were fun to watch, I don't know if anyone else noticed Boeser get hit in the knee? He favored it the rest of the night, and still flew! Hope he is not hurt!! Seen some old time Fighting Sioux hockey after the cheap shot on Cam, way to fill the captain skates Ausmus! 

This is going to be fun to watch!!

Lot of critics on Cam early? I had a front row seat to all 3, #2 was soft, the other two he had no chance. After the soft one he looked relaxed. The freshmen were fun to watch, I don't know if anyone else noticed Boeser get hit in the knee? He favored it the rest of the night, and still flew! Hope he is not hurt!! Seen some old time Fighting Sioux hockey after the cheap shot on Cam, way to fill the captain skates Ausmus! 

I kinda noticed someone got hit then my nephew told me it was Boeser. I was thinking to myself, we possibly have a legit freshman, dont tell me he's already hurt, we do not need that!

As soon as I saw that hit I cringed, knee on knee.  I hope he shook it off and is ok.

When was the last time UND had a player with that type of release? And as a freshman no less!

I kinda noticed someone got hit then my nephew told me it was Boeser. I was thinking to myself, we possibly have a legit freshman, dont tell me he's already hurt, we do not need that!

I saw him get a little dinged up.  You're right, we can't lose him early, he's probably the best player on the team.  He did pay through it including the 3x3 OT.  He'll be fine.

I thought he looked real uneasy.  Rebounds galore.  You're right that second goal was not good whatsoever.  I noticed he kind of gets himself out of position quite a bit too.  On the plus side, it was his second game and he should settle down the more minutes he logs.  Tomek will be back pretty soon.  I would guess Cam starts both games next week.

I thought he looked real uneasy.  Rebounds galore.  You're right that second goal was not good whatsoever.  I noticed he kind of gets himself out of position quite a bit too.  On the plus side, it was his second game and he should settle down the more minutes he logs.  Tomek will be back pretty soon.  I would guess Cam starts both games next week.

Well, we have four goaltenders to choose from. I am guessing one of them will seize control of the starting job and we can take it from there.

Plenty of time to figure out the goaltending situation.

I'd be surprised if he left after 1 year. He's not Toews or Parise level. He is good. If he likes it here, he'll be playing for at least 2 years. 

So, he's a first rounder- so that does mean he is that level- although tough to compare to guys who dominate at the highest level...nobody is Toews right now.

That said, he's a two-year player, possibly 3, but likely 2.