SiouxSports.com Forum

Editing my Signature

dagies

Looks like there is a preference to ignore specific signatures and to ignore all signatures.  Its in the top right of a person's signature.

Good catch. That said, if we mostly agree the signatures are mostly just junk/noise that all regular members are going to hide, then we should disable them altogether so less regular guests don't have to suffer.

Another thought that occurred to me was that we could limit it to something like 2 lines so people could put in a favorite quote or link, but not the novels we see now.

Edited by jimdahl

I'm not hearing a lot of support for signatures (though lots of people posting in this thread have lengthy ones :) )

We've survived the last month without them, just turn them back off?

I plan on trimming mine down this week; it is way too long and I apologize to anyone annoyed by the length of it.

Why don't we put a cap on how long the signature can be? That would allow people to personalize their messages without people like me eating up all the bandwidth. :p

Some people's signatures are bigger than the messages. 

I hope you realize this applies to you as well haha.  You have 5 lines of signature (mostly self-promoting links) for a one sentence post.

I agree with turning them off completely, though I already did it for my personal profile.  Thanks for that tip, jdub.

Edited by keikla
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, I know I'm an offender and I actually agree that not having signatures made things kind of easy to read.  I'd be willing to turn them off, or just leave 2 lines or 140 characters or something like that.

But the cleanliness of turning them off completely is understandable and that would be fine by me.

I hope you realize this applies to you as well haha.  You have 5 lines of signature (mostly self-promoting links) for a one sentence post.

I agree with turning them off completely, though I already did it for my personal profile.  Thanks for that tip, jdub.

Ha, I was talking about FS4L... I know, I actually cut mine down as well.  :)

I don't really care one way or another.  But if a person can just turn the off individually (which I've done in the past).   I'd vote to leave the it to personal choice. 

It's also much more obvious how to turn them off now, with the little x in the upper corner of every signature. Before you had to find the right spot in your personal preferences.

I'm not hearing a lot of support for signatures (though lots of people posting in this thread have lengthy ones :) )

We've survived the last month without them, just turn them back off?

Not all of the signature that I used to have shows up anymore....I don't really care....I just wish I could remember what all it said!

Sorry about that, I assume you edited it in the last day?

I've been playing with the settings to see if I could reduce them to two lines (as discussed above), but it turns out not to affect the ones people already have, but limits them to two lines when they make edits.

Sorry about that, I assume you edited it in the last day?

I've been playing with the settings to see if I could reduce them to two lines (as discussed above), but it turns out not to affect the ones people already have, but limits them to two lines when they make edits.

Most of it actually disappeared like 6 months ago, maybe more (I didn't really look at mine that often!).  I went to the edit to see if the rest of it was there yesterday and there was only the lines that show up.