• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a Bruins fan who has absolutely no love for other Eastern teams, I find myself in the very weird position of really hoping the Flyers can bump out the Red Wings for the 8th playoff spot in the East.  In the past, I'd be hoping that the Flyers tanked and finished last in the East...well, maybe 2nd or 3rd to last with the Canadiens pulling up the rear and Toronto right in the mix.  But for some reason this year I really want them to bump off the Red Wings...I just can't place my finger on why...;)

If PHI catches anyone it'll probably be PIT. Why? PHI is three point backs of PIT with one game in hand and they play head-to-head three more times this season. 

Yes, the current standings show the 7-8-9 as PIT-DET-PHI right now, but the logistics say if PHI knocks one out it's more likely PIT. 

https://www.nhl.com/standings

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If PHI catches anyone it'll probably be PIT. Why? PHI is three point backs of PIT with one game in hand and they play head-to-head three more times this season. 

Yes, the current standings show the 7-8-9 as PIT-DET-PHI right now, but the logistics say if PHI knocks one out it's more likely PIT. 

https://www.nhl.com/standings

Agreed.  Philadelphia has a game in hand on both Pittsburgh and Detroit.  They're 2 points behind Detroit and 3 points behind Pittsburgh.  Here are each team's remaining games vs. non playoff contenders:

Pittsburgh - 5

Detroit - 7

Philadelphia - 5

So yes, Philadelphia plays Pittsburgh 3 more times and that'll have a huge impact on the playoff standings.  Also, Detroit has more games vs. non-playoff contenders, so I'd agree that if Philly is going to make the playoffs it'll likely come at Pittsburgh's expense before Detroit.

I guess I said I hope they catch Detroit because I'd really like to see their playoff streak come to an end.

• Downvote 1

On March 9, 2016 at 8:17 PM, runaroundsioux said:

Lots of new Flyer fans this year from ND. Count me as one.Thank God for NHL Gamecenter.

Make that 2. Giroux has become one of my favorite players along with Simmonds. Love their lunch bucket work ethic. 

• Downvote 1