SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring GDT

geaux_sioux

I agree with letting him play the rest of the season, but I can honestly say I wouldn't let him play against me either if I was in Bohl's shoes. 

That's exactly why I say ... 

Any takers that Wyoming finds their pen and signs Nevermann's release on Sunday, September 6, 2015? 

• Upvote 2

One of his childhood friends from back home in Sweden is on UND's team.  Choosing UND had nothing to do with them playing Wyoming this year.

I didn't imply that it did, doesn't mean Wyoming wasn't counting on him to play a role on this year's team.

Bohl will be exposed as the POS he is at Wyoming. 

He lucked into some great recruits from Babich, then when his own recruits started being the main players, NDSU was garbage.  Thanks to idiotic leadership at UND staying DII and Brewster ignoring MN, NDSU was able to overcome his initial lackluster job and land the premiere talent in the area.  It was easily a best case scenario that played out..  Luckily NDSU now has a national recruiting footprint, because UM is now recruiting MN hard.

He lucked into some great recruits from Babich, then when his own recruits started being the main players, NDSU was garbage.  Thanks to idiotic leadership at UND staying DII and Brewster ignoring MN, NDSU was able to overcome his initial lackluster job and land the premiere talent in the area.  It was easily a best case scenario that played out..  Luckily NDSU now has a national recruiting footprint, because UM is now recruiting MN hard.

I'm not a big Bohl fan, but chalking up that much success to luck seems a little ridiculous. By the same logic, their current coach was completely lucky to win a Nat'l title, since he had Bohl's players. Sure, he was dealt good cards, but he still had to play em right.

I think that may be a bit of over simplification, but if NDSU hasn't given at least 2 if not 3 National championship rings to Tim Brewster for his contributions it is criminal.

• Upvote 1

While that explanation for Bohl's tenure might have worked through '09, how does it account for 2010-2013?

I think that may be a bit of over simplification, but if NDSU hasn't given at least 2 if not 3 National championship rings to Tim Brewster for his contributions it is criminal.

I also find this explanation odd by some of NDSU's critics. Name someone other than Billy Turner that should have been offered by U of M that played a significant role in NDSU's success.

Didn't know Babich recruited Ramon Humber, Craig Dahl, Nick Schommer, Tyler Roehl, Kole Heckendorf, Joe Lardinois  and Jeremiah Wurzbacher.

Bohl had a ton to do with those teams, the guy can coach. His struggles were mainly because he recruited poorly in a few areas, QB especially and also the team had some major complacency and leadership issues. To his credit he fixed all of that. 

The man may have some flaws but he is a hell of a coach. 

Didn't know Babich recruited Ramon Humber, Craig Dahl, Nick Schommer, Tyler Roehl, Kole Heckendorf, Joe Lardinois  and Jeremiah Wurzbacher.

Bohl had a ton to do with those teams, the guy can coach. His struggles were mainly because he recruited poorly in a few areas, QB especially and also the team had some major complacency and leadership issues. To his credit he fixed all of that. 

The man may have some flaws but he is a hell of a coach. 

No doubt he is a hell of a coach, anyone saying otherwise is an idiot.

That said, in this case, he is looking like a real dickhead.  There is no reason whatsoever to take away this kid's entire season.  Foreign exchange student wanting to be close to his buddies, a walk-on, UND being an FCS program.  So many reasons to let him play.

Hell, just tell Bubba to not play him Week 1 and call it good.  Bubba is as honest as it gets, Nevermann wouldn't be on the plane to Wyoming.  

No doubt he is a hell of a coach, anyone saying otherwise is an idiot.

That said, in this case, he is looking like a real dickhead.  There is no reason whatsoever to take away this kid's entire season.  Foreign exchange student wanting to be close to his buddies, a walk-on, UND being an FCS program.  So many reasons to let him play.

Hell, just tell Bubba to not play him Week 1 and call it good.  Bubba is as honest as it gets, Nevermann wouldn't be on the plane to Wyoming.  

I don't think it is right, the kid should play. I wouldn't treat a walk on transfer like this. 

Any takers that Wyoming finds their pen and signs Nevermann's release on Sunday, September 6, 2015? 

Nope, can't see it happening.  Bohl hates UND from his NDSU days.    He's not going to let anyone play for us until they sit a year.

Little known fact: Bohl also blocked an OL from transferring to UND last year.  Believe he ended up in the MAC.  

I'd heard we had the potential to get said transfer, but didn't know that it was blocked.  That's rediculous.