SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Niagara Purple Eagles

AZSIOUX

Actually you can lie with numbers, it's quite easy. By using only the numbers that are in line with your opinion, it backs up your opinion.

Funny you didn't mention LJ is tied for 6th on the team in goals, points, and PPG.  Why didn't you refer to those numbers? Yes, they are mitigated somewhat by the numbers you present but IMO Murphy or Sanderson haven't brought even that much to the table when given a shot(0 points combined, +/- of -1 & 0 respectively). I do see Simonson eventually being a good player here so if you're going to give one person a shot this weekend, I'd think it would have to be him.

Sanderson is certainly not the answer, and Murphy can't hit the ocean from the beach. So move Simonson to one of the top 6 spots for this weekend and see how he does.

I like NS and Drake together...and I think Chyzyk fits on that line. Have to find a consistent wing to play w Mac and Parks. Would love to see OD seize that spot but he looked out of place there Friday and much more comfortable on the 4th line Saturday but maybe against Niagara he gets another shot.

How about trying Simonson with Mac and Parks. Seems like he works his ass off every time he's out there or try Chyzyk and put Simonson with Caggiula and N. Schmaltz

How about trying Simonson with Mac and Parks. Seems like he works his ass off every time he's out there or try Chyzyk and put Simonson with Caggiula and N. Schmaltz

For whatever reason, the coaches aren't sold on Simonson yet like myself and people I generally go to games with are.  Not sure if they see something in practice, but I feel like he's a grinder who's got a good shot, but he's hit a few pipes and seems like he needs one to go.

Duncan's replacement was Trupp. Trupp's replacement was Grimaldi. --> Small, dynamic forward. 

Does the work along the walls, no nonsense, great shot, not the best player on the ice but never outworked, plays the role put in front of him. Who am I describing? Pattyn? Simonson? 

I'm guessing that all the lines and d-pairs will be the same as Sat game vs UMD

I guess that will say volumes to whatever the coaches see in Murphy and obviously what they don't see in Simonson. I'll say this one more time......Murphy doesn't have a single point so far this season. He has yet to score a college goal and only had 3 assists last year. I'm all for opportunities but to think Simonson couldn't do any worse than zero points from here on out.......

I know if Murphy actually scores a goal this weekend his "supporters" will come out like crazy claiming "see...he is a great offensive player". Spare me that BS if he happens to finally pot one.

IMO Simonson has shown enough skill and gives max effort every shift that he should get ice before Murphy and right now even LJ.

@GeneralPattyn28: Bleed Green Weekend! Let's Green Out the Ralph this weekend. #Sioux

@drakecaggiula: Sioux fans were having a green out at the Ralph this weekend. Please show your support, and join the sea of green! #Siouxpride

@GeneralPattyn28: Bleed Green Weekend! Let's Green Out the Ralph this weekend. #Sioux

@drakecaggiula: Sioux fans were having a green out at the Ralph this weekend. Please show your support, and join the sea of green! #Siouxpride

The players sure still like the Sioux name. I hope they don't get in trouble with the NC$$ or the AD. :whistling: