SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD Dogz - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Kind of a lackluster performance tonight. Too much coasting and sloppy passing tonight lead to a lot of turnovers. I thought the reffing was really bad tonight Duluth got away with a lot of holding and hooking but I guess I shouldn't have expected something different with Anderson and Shepherd in charge. Zane was very good tonight and really gave us a chance to steal a win in the 3rd after a lot of standing around in the 2nd by most of our guys. Looking to tomorrow night I think we see Poolman up front and Murphy out of the lineup with Panzarella inserted into the lineup. I think we need to get more pucks to the net to really test the UMD goalie and crash hard as he really looked uncomfortable when guys went to the net and wanted to sell a call anytime somebody got close to him. I think we see a much better effort tomorrow night and come away with the win.

The two plays that stand out in my memory are:

Luke Johnson blows a tire and Duluth skates all the way up the boards uncontested to score goal #3.  Wow, just wow.

Nick Schmaltz skates in on a 2-on-1, and BAILS unexpectedly on the play.  When have you ever seen a guy pull up and turn around on a 2-on-1?  Just that kind of night.

• Upvote 1

The two plays that stand out in my memory are:

Luke Johnson blows a tire and Duluth skates all the way up the boards uncontested to score goal #3.  Wow, just wow.

Nick Schmaltz skates in on a 2-on-1, and BAILS unexpectedly on the play.  When have you ever seen a guy pull up and turn around on a 2-on-1?  Just that kind of night.

Nailed it exactly.

Snake's comment (post #160) nailed it.  I think we sorely lack high-end offensive talent anymore compared to what we had 3-4 years ago and all the way back much longer.  Our high end offensive talent are Cags and Parks and I think at best on the 2010-11 team Or most teams in the 2000's so far) they would have been 2nd line, same with McWilliams (3rd line?).  We have great goal tender and a skilled def corps but offensively we are middle of the pack at best in the NCHC. Duluth's puck possession and movement clearly superior to ours tonight and I ain't very optimistic it gets much better for the Sioux Sat night.  It needs to, along with a little better puck luck, to have a shot at winning.  The Shep ref, I swear he has it in for UND/it's personal for him.    

Snake's comment (post #160) nailed it. I think we sorely lack high-end offensive talent anymore compared to what we had 3-4 years ago and all the way back much longer. Our high end offensive talent are Cags and Parks and I think at best on the 2010-11 team Or most teams in the 2000's so far) they would have been 2nd line, same with McWilliams (3rd line?). We have great goal tender and a skilled def corps but offensively we are middle of the pack at best in the NCHC. Duluth's puck possession and movement clearly superior to ours tonight and I ain't very optimistic it gets much better for the Sioux Sat night. It needs to, along with a little better puck luck, to have a shot at winning. The Shep ref, I swear he has it in for UND/it's personal for him.

And anderson and the head of officials don adams

Enjoy getting your ass kicked by a better team. Enjoy putting bodies in the nhl. Doesn't make you a great team. I missed Parise in the frozen 4. Was he there....

So because UMD won one game our team should give up? I'll call Hak up and let him know a jackass on a rival message board said so.

Should I be upset we produce NHL players? And be upset Parise played for us?

What is your point?

So because UMD won one game our team should give up? I'll call Hak up and let him know a jackass on a rival message board said so.

Should I be upset we produce NHL players? And be upset Parise played for us?

What is your point?

My point is you don't understand the game if you can't see UMD is a great team

My point is you don't understand the game if you can't see UMD is a great team

Explain "the game" to me so I can understand then. So Minnesota St, Harvard, Bowling Green are all great right? What about North Dakota? They're 8th in pairwise, where is your "great" line drawn in the pairwise at the beginning of January?