SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - SATURDAY

AZSIOUX

More the style of game tonight I expected to see last night. Nice to get a 4-1 win that really probably should have been a lot worse. Was glad to see the refs make the right call on goal review as it seemed pretty easy to see that Zane was pushed into the net. Generated a lot more quality chances and didn't give up many quality chances with some better d zone coverage tonight and any time this team does that I like their chances. I know it is a while before we will see Miami again but I hope when we do somebody buries Coleman in the ice. Miami plays the type of hockey I hate where they dive all over the place whenever they are touched but take a cheap shot at a guy whenever he is vulnerable or has his back turned and watching Minnesota and Duluth during commercials some tonight I also noticed the Bulldogs have some of this style in their game again this year. Do you think Blasi looks for diving in recruits or just teaches it when they arrive on campus?

Did Blasi say why he switched goalies - I thought the guy yesterday did darn good

I never saw a reason and thought it was a little bit of a strange move but their goalie tonight faced a lot more quality chances than the guy last night. No matter who they had in net tonight I don't think it would have changed the result at all.

And I haven't seen a dangle like Drake's sick move since MM made me watch his own personal broomball highlight collection on VHS tape from 2011 a couple years ago.

I believe I still hold the Shoreview record thanks to my 8-goal game a few years ago against "Eh?", which is probably akin to scoring four touchdowns in one game for Polk High, but I digress...I had some pretty slick goals that game...

This just in.........that Stetcher kid is really really really good.

He did a dazzling 360 in stride & got off a good scoring chance .. it's nice to see him develop that quickly & he's still a young soph.

MM looked very good, any rust appears gone.

The team showed good character for a statement win.

This just in.........that Stetcher kid is really really really good.

Stecher has become my favorite player on this team. I love how he plays the game. If anybody wants to see a prime example of what he brings to this team, watch his shift about 30 seconds before the Parks goal in the first period on Friday night, where he takes away the puck in the D-zone and joins the rush. It's almost a shame that nothing shows up on the stat sheet for his effort that helped lead to that goal. Excited to watch him in a Sioux jersey for 2.5 more years.

Stecher has become my favorite player on this team. I love how he plays the game. If anybody wants to see a prime example of what he brings to this team, watch his shift about 30 seconds before the Parks goal in the first period on Friday night, where he takes away the puck in the D-zone and joins the rush. It's almost a shame that nothing shows up on the stat sheet for his effort that helped lead to that goal. Excited to watch him in a Sioux jersey for 2.5 more years.

He's an energy guy with a boatload of confidence & great skill. He turned the corner rather quickly & is playing at an elite college level. A real steal of a recruit.

Anybody else glad we didn't get stuck in the B1G  Hockey Conference, at least this year? Talk about overrated from top to bottom. 

I have nothing personal against the participating schools, but what blue chip hockey recruit would want to play for Ohio State, Penn State or even Michigan State? Not saying this conference won't be great in the future, but they sure look like crap now.

Granted it's early, but his new conference doesn't seem to be getting all the prized recruits, like I thought they would.

• Upvote 1

Anybody else glad we didn't get stuck in the B1G  Hockey Conference, at least this year? Talk about overrated from top to bottom. 

I have nothing personal against the participating schools, but what blue chip hockey recruit would want to play for Ohio State, Penn State or even Michigan State? Not saying this conference won't be great in the future, but they sure look like crap now.

Granted it's early, but his new conference doesn't seem to be getting all the prized recruits, like I thought they would.

Even for a hockey player hoping to advance his hockey future, there is plenty for a 19 - 20 year-old to like about a big ten campus.  

Anybody else glad we didn't get stuck in the B1G Hockey Conference, at least this year? Talk about overrated from top to bottom.

I have the B10 foursome of Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin at a combined 10-23-1 record so far this season...yikes.