SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS WSU GDT

geaux_sioux

I hate to say it but it's obvious. The whole team had basically given up on the season from what I saw today.

That's pretty unfair to the defense and the whole team for that matter. Sure there are gonna be guys here and there but to say the whole team is untrue. There were too many guys in green playing their ass off every play for you to say that.

"Giving up "Getting up" call it what you will. UND just got dominated by a winless team.

And now are tied for last place in the congerence.

I thought we were looking to see improvement throughout the year. Which hasn't happened.

Weber you could say is getting better as the year goes on. Weber has a road win. UND does not.

Weber only had 276 total yards, although I suppose some of that was due to getting conservative after going up by 21 early in the second half. 

That gift-wrapped touchdown as a result of the punter being unable to handle the high snap really hurt.

UND needs to recruit four or five receivers, with most needing to play immediately.

Weber only had 276 total yards, although I suppose some of that was due to getting conservative after going up by 21 early in the second half.

That gift-wrapped touchdown as a result of the punter being unable to handle the high snap really hurt.

UND needs to recruit four or five receivers, with most needing to play immediately.

The entire offense needs four or five new players that can be improvements and play immediately next year.

UND needs to recruit an offensive line that can establish a dominating run game which forces teams to bring 8 people into the box to free up our receivers. Problem solved :D

I'd much rather dominated in the trenches than have the stud WR. Establish a running game and you can have an effective passing game with receivers like Seibel. 

The entire offense needs four or five new players that can be improvements and play immediately next year.

Make no mistake, the offense needs a lot of help. But the lack of big-play ability at receiver sticks out to me. The current receivers struggle to catch the ball, and certainly can't stretch the field.

The thing about the offensive line is that we are pretty much going to have to rely on the current group of redshirts developing quickly. Jucos are probably not the answer, FBS drop downs are very hard to come by, and it's almost unheard-of for a true freshman to be good enough to play right away on the OL. But with running back and receiver, there's a chance for true freshmen to make an impact immediately.

Not laying this all at Bubba's feet, but perhaps a new low for Sioux football.  Still making many of the same mistakes we did in the first couple of games. How many times are we going to field a punt at our 5 yard line this year?   I am very disappointed in the progress so far.  We got our butts handed to us at home by a winless team in our conference.  Not good. 

We went 3-8 with the best group of WRs in the country last year and the year before with great QB play and studs all over the field we went 5-6. Those OL weren't good enough either. We need to build from within and then go from there. OC should be locked down for the next 4 years with Francis. Miller showed some promise, three more years of him. One more year with Anderson. Will Stockwell be a player? He needs to be. Steiner? We will see. We could use a stud JUCO tackle or two. We obviously need a lot of speed on the perimeter and at RB but the line is priority number one. We're closer than a lot of people may think, but still have a ways to go. The injury bubble burst on us this year and killed our momentum. Next year we need to be able to handle injuries and build the whole year instead of skidding down the stretch after showing some serious promise.

Get sharp more carries. Jer will be more fresh and it's good to have multiple styles of runners to keep them off balance.

Sorry, disagree with this completely. I now see why this coaching staff has really not given Sharp a chance. Runs way way to upright , leaves himself and the ball way too exposed. Doesn't hit the hole with any burst- just these short choppy steps. I've heard the clamoring for him, but now that I've seen it-consider me very unimpressed.

The Defense, has to play perfect right now to have any chance, but they arre succumbing to bad mental mistakes at the back end on crucial downs, and with an offense that is extremely limited we are going to have a tough few weeks. Lets get through them, have a great offseason in recruiting and skill and strength development and move on from there.

Sorry, disagree with this completely. I now see why this coaching staff has really not given Sharp a chance. Runs way way to upright , leaves himself and the ball way too exposed. Doesn't hit the hole with any burst- just these short choppy steps. I've heard the clamoring for him, but now that I've seen it-consider me very unimpressed.

The Defense, has to play perfect right now to have any chance, but they arre succumbing to bad mental mistakes at the back end on crucial downs, and with an offense that is extremely limited we are going to have a tough few weeks. Lets get through them, have a great offseason in recruiting and skill and strength development and move on from there.

Our defense is going to be outstanding next year. We need to replace Tillman but everyone else other than Cummings is back. That will equal a big improvement. The offense needs to catchup and get healthy.

I agree about sharp running to upright but I disagree about the burst. He needs to keep lifting and get above 200lbs and improve his vision and technique. He's a RFR after all.

I actually like the play calling this season. Just don't have the talent to execute it most of the time right now, especially now with the ridiculous number of injuries.

The one thing that is missing that I don't understand is a screen pass. When you have limited talent at WR, proper execution of screen passes can mask a lot of problems.........

Our defense is going to be outstanding next year. We need to replace Tillman but everyone else other than Cummings is back. That will equal a big improvement. The offense needs to catchup and get healthy.

I agree about sharp running to upright but I disagree about the burst. He needs to keep lifting and get above 200lbs and improve his vision and technique. He's a RFR after all.

Tillman will need replacing, but I think we need get better at all corner spots, and I still think we have to find another level at the safety positions. Man, I miss Kuksa. Teams seem to like to short drop against us, our pressure can't get there and then it's a quick pass turned into big yards.

There are people mad at Tillman for fielding that punt inside the 10 today, but we are quick to forget that he ripped off a big play by fielding one inside the 10 just a few weeks ago. Granted not advisable... But he was trying to make a play in a game where we desperately need one.

The question I have is how many true freshman will be coming in? It has the feel that it will be huge, numbers wise. It could be that after the senior class and a few more guys heading for the door, they may be looking for 30 to 35 guys with an additional 5 to 12 drop downs/jucos/ and or transfers. Definitely will need a roster handy next season.

Tillman will need replacing, but I think we need get better at all corner spots, and I still think we have to find another level at the safety positions. Man, I miss Kuksa. Teams seem to like to short drop against us, our pressure can't get there and then it's a quick pass turned into big yards.

There are people mad at Tillman for fielding that punt inside the 10 today, but we are quick to forget that he ripped off a big play by fielding one inside the 10 just a few weeks ago. Granted not advisable... But he was trying to make a play in a game where we desperately need one.

The question I have is how many true freshman will be coming in? It has the feel that it will be huge, numbers wise. It could be that after the senior class and a few more guys heading for the door, they may be looking for 30 to 35 guys with an additional 5 to 12 drop downs/jucos/ and or transfers. Definitely will need a roster handy next season.

I think they can only bring in 30-35 total players in a year.

After being at the game and seeing how things went, it would be easy to claim that we've reached "rock bottom" or that we need all of these additional players, but you have to take a step back and look at the scenario.

Do we need more depth? Absolutely. Depth has killed us on offense. By our already basic offense becoming even more so due to a freshman QB, we become more one-dimensional, defenses can routinely stack the box (which is how Norby got so open on the TD catch), the offense has too many 3 and outs, which in turn puts more pressure on the defense. With guys like Hinojosa and Woodsmall on the sidelines, that limits the depth on the D line and creates and a weaker defense. It's a dominoe effect.

Are there things happening that shouldn't be, like bad snaps? Yes, absolutely. I'm not sure why that's still a problem, but maybe if our experienced punter hadn't gotten himself suspended and eventually a full ride on the pine, maybe, just maybe that snap would've been caught.

Like someone said earlier, our injury bubble has burst and with the amount of guys we lost in the offseason, combined with how many new and inexperienced faces we have, you can't expect things to keep riding high. I'm not sure there would be many teams out there who could keep on trucking with so many keys pieces to the puzzle being removed for one reason or another. This is exactly what Bubba is talking about when he refers to making sure the effort is there, regardless of what the score is. Buy in. Be part of the team. It will turn around, but not overnight.

This game was a prime example of how having little depth will change the direction of a team. We're rebuilding. It's a process. Is it tiring to watch our team lose to Weber St? Sure it is, but remember that these guys also hung with the Bison for quite a while. It wasn't going to be a cakewalk.

I actually like the play calling this season. Just don't have the talent to execute it most of the time right now, especially now with the ridiculous number of injuries.

The one thing that is missing that I don't understand is a screen pass. When you have limited talent at WR, proper execution of screen passes can mask a lot of problems.........

I would have loved to see screen in the 4th quarter when Weber was sending about 8 guys every play.

What did you all expect? We have been hit hard with injuries, played a freshman QBS who looked horrible last week and weber is far from a bad football team. Garmen looked good for the third week in a row, and has proven just about everyone on this bord wrong about his ability to play at this level, Studsrud looked much better this week. Our D is on the field a lot and is still leading the big sky in three categories.

We are getting better and will continue to do so. Saying things like this team has given up is ridiculous. so was expecting this team to make the playoffs this year. Realistic expectations and patience aren't easy when FU looks like they might win their fourth straight NC, but they help put things in the right perspective and keep everyone from jumping off the bridge when we loose a football game. There are just as many things to like and be excited about this season as there are things to bitch about. Hope we can all stay on the right side of this debate.

Everyone knows the difficulties this team has faced this year.  No need for me to recount them here.  That's why I picked Weber to win this game.  Not because Weber is a good team.  They are not a good team.  They were winless coming into GF.  0-9.  Zero wins.

This is not about Weber, or the next two likely losses vs NAU and UNC.

This is about the absolute disaster this season has become for UND. 

Everyone knows the difficulties this team has faced this year.  No need for me to recount them here.  That's why I picked Weber to win this game.  Not because Weber is a good team.  They are not a good team.  They were winless coming into GF.  0-9.  Zero wins.

This is not about Weber, or the next two likely losses vs NAU and UNC.

This is about the absolute disaster this season has become for UND. 

This is about the absolute disaster the whole program became under Mussman.  That will take a few years to clean up.  This week, we lost two more guys (one quit and one was given his walking papers).  That is what happens when you are rebuilding and it makes winning that much harder.  I am sticking with this team thru thick and thin.  How about everyone else?

Depending on who is brought in before next season at receiver, is there any chance Seibel switches back to defense? He's a natural DB, and his athleticism is probably a bit better than expected, at least IMO. I almost wonder if he could potentially be the other safety opposite Reyes?