SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Providence

AZSIOUX

Per brad providence may be healing up. Go sioux! Huge series and pairwise implications

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=98362

Providence seemingly received some good news today regarding injured standouts Mark Jankowski and Noel Acciari. Both will be on the trip, according to Providence Journal writer Mark Divver. They are listed as questionable right now, though

These are huge games both for pairwise, but also for team confidence building going forward.  We'll need the special teams play we saw in C Springs, and we'd better tighten that D a bit to give up a few less 'cherry' opportunities.  Zane did a great job both nights, but we shouldn't be putting him in the position of defending those breakaways.  Seniors need to take ownership of their building.  They have earned this...it's their season, their time.  When they play to their potential we are a very, very tough team to beat.

Per brad

http://undhockey.areavoices.com

Providence, meanwhile, will be without first-round NHL draft pick Mark Jankowski. The junior forward will not travel to Grand Forks tomorrow, coach Nate Leaman said.

Providence junior defenseman Tom Parisi also will not make the trip, but standout forward Noel Acciari, who sat out last weekend’s exhibition game, will travel to Grand Forks.

I sure hope the boys realize they got embarrassed on opening night at the Ralph and will want to make up for that performance this weekend by playing 120 minutes of Sioux hockey!

The fans deserve a better outcome., Attendance was great on opening night and they laid an egg. I've been going to game my entire life and lost interest around the second period and had to start eating/drinking and socializing because it was so bad. Couldn't watch any longer.

The boys are going to have to bring their A game this weekend.  PC will be very good.  They are going to see our rink and instantly be jacked (similar to BSU, except they will have a lot more skill).

As bad as UND played on opening night (and they played terrible), I was really surprise at how well Bemidji played. They could definitely push the Mavs this season for the WCHA. Lets hope they get a good start this weekend and knock off the Goofs.

• Upvote 2

Lets hope that was our slow start & early wake up call & they had a players meeting early for a change to right the ship - CC series seemed to confirm that somewhat - maybe they need to meet weekly or have some committees help them do the right things :silly:  

Lets hope that was our slow start & early wake up call & they had a players meeting early for a change to right the ship - CC series seemed to confirm that somewhat - maybe they need to meet weekly or have some committees help them do the right things :silly:

Yeah but CC had two close games with UAH (who subsequently got rolled last weekend).

Evidently the Providence newspaper believes Mark M also underwent a name change.

Not to mention Zane changing his first name to Zach.  That's just sloppy.

But could you imagine if we actually had these "hybrid" players?  We'd be unbeatable. 

• Upvote 2

Wow, what a huge series, in October!

Normally, I dread even seeing a big series scheduled in October or November because I don't expect the boys to be ready to hold their own.  But this year I have a bit more hope going into this series.  After surviving the goaltending regional of death last year, this isn't a new challenge for most of these guys.