SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did not watch the game but the fourth quarter PxP says UW did what they should've (starting at 1:09 remaining) for the most part regarding time; it's just that Texas had TOs to burn on first and second down. 

The bigger issues:
- the UW injury on third would stop the clock (that's a free TO for Texas) <- that play was run to get first down and end the game; you may argue knee but knee guarantees having to punt where a first down as I said ... 
- a false start on fourth stops the clock again after the injury
- a kick catch interference penalty giving Texas 15 free yards (16 to 31). 

https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/stats/2023/texas/boxscore/23328 

You can't clock manage injuries or silly penalties; you can only manage around them when they happen.  

Show me in that DeBoer's clock management mistake.

@nodakvindy.....like he says....take a knee, punt,....texas has to go 80 yds in about 10 seconds or so. no timeouts and need a td.

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did not watch the game but the fourth quarter PxP says UW did what they should've (starting at 1:09 remaining) for the most part regarding time; it's just that Texas had TOs to burn on first and second down. 

The bigger issues:
- the UW injury on third would stop the clock (that's a free TO for Texas) <- that play was run to get first down and end the game; you may argue knee but knee guarantees having to punt where a first down as I said ... 
- a false start on fourth stops the clock again after the injury
- a kick catch interference penalty giving Texas 15 free yards (16 to 31). 

https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/stats/2023/texas/boxscore/23328 

You can't clock manage injuries or silly penalties; you can only manage around them when they happen.  

Show me in that DeBoer's clock management mistake.

the tv guys both said why not just a knee after the first down run showing sark telling his guys to strip the ball while tackling......might explain why the radio guys are radio guys and the tv guys mcdonaugh and mcelroy knew the PROPER way to finish a game.