SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWxi2B9YMg&feature=player_embedded

I don't know how you can help but laugh at the bowling pins penalty followed by what happened next...

Yes, I know it's Mercer vs Warner but this had to go somewhere...love the official standing there waiting for the "bowling pins" to get knocked down so he can throw the yellow flag. LOL!

I understand that, and I know there are injuries on defense. But still, I didn't expect them to fall off like they have since the FSU game.

It's been hard to watch. Should only get better though the next couple years as these young guys get older.

Responding to some comments about the SEC in the college hockey thread the SEC East is very average and even the leader Missouri lost to a bad Big Ten team Indiana. The SEC West is still probably the best division in college football but it is also very overrated by many people this year especially the depth of it and some other conferences/divisions have definitely closed the gap this year.

Responding to some comments about the SEC in the college hockey thread the SEC East is very average and even the leader Missouri lost to a bad Big Ten team Indiana. The SEC West is still probably the best division in college football but it is also very overrated by many people this year especially the depth of it and some other conferences/divisions have definitely closed the gap this year.

SEC west overrated? Right.

Responding to some comments about the SEC in the college hockey thread the SEC East is very average and even the leader Missouri lost to a bad Big Ten team Indiana. The SEC West is still probably the best division in college football but it is also very overrated by many people this year especially the depth of it and some other conferences/divisions have definitely closed the gap this year.

And Georgia gave Mizzou an epic beat-down in Columbia! How on earth did the Bulldogs lose to South Carolina and Florida? FLORIDA!

And Georgia gave Mizzou an epic beat-down in Columbia! How on earth did the Bulldogs lose to South Carolina and Florida? FLORIDA!

Because in the grand scheme of things they are a decent football team. I would guess that they would beat MN, wis and Nebraska

SEC west overrated? Right.

I said they are still the best division in football but it isn't by as much as some people think and some of the teams in it are overrated. Some people think that whoever wins the SEC West should be in the playoff no matter what their record is just because they play in the SEC West and it is that tough that kind of reasoning is just stupid.

Because in the grand scheme of things they are a decent football team. I would guess that they would beat MN, wis and Nebraska

Depends which Georgia team shows up all 3 of the teams you mentioned run the ball very well as did Florida and they ran all over Georgia. Then last week Georgia's defense comes out and only gives up 7 points I believe to a solid running team like Auburn although Auburn had been quite lucky in a few of their wins and getting as high in the rankings as they did.

SEC has a contract with ESPN, and so the SEC is given the majority of media attention due to the fact that ESPN is the biggest and one of the only major media sources for sports. Therefore the SEC will always be given the benefit of the doubt. 

Big 12 schools beat up on each other, they are an inferior conference. 

Pac 12 beats up on each other, also inferior.

Big 10 hasn't done much in recent years

ACC one horse conference

SEC beats up on each other, omg such tough schedule, they are just so good, oooohhhh. 

Depends which Georgia team shows up all 3 of the teams you mentioned run the ball very well as did Florida and they ran all over Georgia. Then last week Georgia's defense comes out and only gives up 7 points I believe to a solid running team like Auburn although Auburn had been quite lucky in a few of their wins and getting as high in the rankings as they did.

I'm going to jump out of this one.  were in big10 country aren't we.  To me (bama fan), the big ten is so incredibly overrated.

Fyi I was talking about fla not Georgia

I thought Georgia would run away with the East and really thought they would be a playoff team at the start of the season but they have definitely stumbled big time in a couple games they had to have.

SEC has a contract with ESPN, and so the SEC is given the majority of media attention due to the fact that ESPN is the biggest and one of the only major media sources for sports. Therefore the SEC will always be given the benefit of the doubt. 

Big 12 schools beat up on each other, they are an inferior conference. 

Pac 12 beats up on each other, also inferior.

Big 10 hasn't done much in recent years

ACC one horse conference

SEC beats up on each other, omg such tough schedule, they are just so good, oooohhhh. 

SEC is the gauntlet.  but I agree with everything else you noted.  big12 and pac 12 haven't  gotten the respect they deserve, except for the selection committee I guess.

SEC is the gauntlet.  but I agree with everything else you noted.  big12 and pac 12 haven't  gotten the respect they deserve, except for the selection committee I guess.

What exactly makes SEC the gauntlet though? They schedule a few decent OOC games a year and then feast on lower level D1 or FCS teams to pad the OOC schedule. Then they routinely get ranked high up in the top 25.

Of course all of this nonsense could be solved with a real 16 team playoff. Then the cream would rise to the top. A four team playoff is a start but still a joke as it's subject to the whims of pollsters. 

You really think Flordia could beat Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin?

I think so.  Definitely MN hands down.  LSU beat WIS after playing the worst first quarter I had seen in some time.  All with freshman littered throughout their lineup.  They came back on WIS like it was a video game.  There isn't a huge difference between FLA and LSU.  Also, FLA's freshman qb has looked ok in some games.  Interested to see them against FSU if they can keep it close early.