SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

I think so.  Definitely MN hands down.  LSU beat WIS after playing the worst first quarter I had seen in some time.  All with freshman littered throughout their lineup.  They came back on WIS like it was a video game.  There isn't a huge difference between FLA and LSU.  Also, FLA's freshman qb has looked ok in some games.  Interested to see them against FSU if they can keep it close early.

Watching Florida they just aren't very good fundamentally and have way too many missed assignments which is why I definitely can't see them beating Minnesota or Wisconsin who are two pretty fundamentally sound teams. Nebraska is struggling right now and looking at some things from their fans they are waiting for Minnesota to come in this weekend and beat them and they hope that will be the end of Pelini. The LSU and Wisconsin game changed dramatically with the Gordon "injury" if he is fully healthy there is no way they blow that game. Florida's QB is a good athlete but I think you have to dare him to beat you throwing the ball down the field they could keep it close for a while though as FSU hasn't taken control of many games at all in the 1st half.

Missouri...lost to Indiana. At home. One of the two likely teams in the SEC title game. Lost. To Indiana. Indiana.

SEC dominance?

From 2000 to 2013 SEC has won 8 national titles with 7 being in a row. in that same time frame BIG XII won 2 titles (2000 and 2005), Big East won one in 2001, ACC won one last year, B1G won one in 2003, and PAC-10 had their vacated (2004).

All I'll say is Missouri is still better then Michigan. :whistling:

• Upvote 1

From 2000 to 2013 SEC has won 8 national titles with 7 being in a row. in that same time frame BIG XII won 2 titles (2000 and 2005), Big East won one in 2001, ACC won one last year, B1G won one in 2003, and PAC-10 had their vacated (2004).

I'm talking 2014 only. Florida would lose to Nebraska and Wisconsin. Wisconsin would win by 20+.

From 2000 to 2013 SEC has won 8 national titles with 7 being in a row. in that same time frame BIG XII won 2 titles (2000 and 2005), Big East won one in 2001, ACC won one last year, B1G won one in 2003, and PAC-10 had their vacated (2004).

Michigan did do something Missouri couldn't do though and that is beat Indiana at home 34-10.

I'm talking 2014 only. Florida would lose to Nebraska and Wisconsin. Wisconsin would win by 20+.

Back that up doing some analysis. They have a common opponent. 20?

And the fact you said "2014 only" leads me to believe you know how good a gators team is. :)

Back that up doing some analysis. They have a common opponent. 20?

And the fact you said "2014 only" leads me to believe you know how good a gators team is. :)

I guess you're counting on the Florida team that showed up for the Georgia game as opposed to the one that showed up for the Missouri game when they play Wisconsin, eh?

I guess you're counting on the Florida team that showed up for the Georgia game as opposed to the one that showed up for the Missouri game when they play Wisconsin, eh?

I was talking about LSU vs wis and LSU vs fla.  they both lost pretty close games, although the LSU vs fla game was a much closer game watching it.  the LSU vs wis game was odd, but I figured LSU would win that game. It was actually a lot closer than I thought.

I get that the common denominator is LSU. Your claim is that the "real" Florida is the one that played the Tigers tough. You're pretty optimistic that that's the team that would show up to play Wisconsin.

Indiana - again, the worst team record-wise in in-conference play in the Big 10. And they own a win over the current SEC West leader Missouri.

I get that the common denominator is LSU. Your claim is that the "real" Florida is the one that played the Tigers tough. You're pretty optimistic that that's the team that would show up to play Wisconsin.

Indiana - again, the worst team record-wise in in-conference play in the Big 10. And they own a win over the current SEC West leader Missouri.

Think about it the other way around, what if Missouri simply had their terrible game of the year vs Indiana (which is obviously what happened). Similar to und losing to bemidji. Who has wisconsin beat. Nebraska. Who has Nebraska beaten? Their schedule is terrible. I compare the sec to the nchc because every conference game is a slugfest, especially in the west. Every one of those west games are filled with top three round draft picks. Their schedule is such a grind.

Missouri plays in the East.

Missouri plays in the East.

Yup, the east still has tough schedules compared to other conferences.  They just aren't as strong as the west obviously.  That Indiana absolutely killed Missouri's ranking.  I'm just saying, any team in the country that is about to play a UGA team, more likely than not, must play really well to beat them.

So let me get this straight......you take the top 7 teams in the Big 10, pit them against the SEC west, or the SEC East for that matter, and you say the Big 10 comes out on top?

So let me get this straight......you take the top 7 teams in the Big 10, pit them against the SEC west, or the SEC East for that matter, and you say the Big 10 comes out on top?

I didn't say that at all, but let's be reasonable here. The SEC certainly has its share of patsies and mediocre teams this season:

Vanderbilt...Kentucky...South Carolina...Florida...Tennessee...Arkansas...

some folks want to claim that those schools would work over Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska? C'mon.

I'm only a hater because they are given an inordinate amount of attention. That inordinate amount of attention is a result of a major contract between the SEC and ESPN. 

Year in and year out Notre Dame seems to get ranked pretty highly midway through the season, then they tank and so does their ranking. Why do they get ranked high to begin with? Media exposure. Same thing, just on a conference level with the SEC. 

I didn't say that at all, but let's be reasonable here.  The SEC certainly has its share of patsies and mediocre teams this season:

Vanderbilt...Kentucky...South Carolina...Florida...Tennessee...some folks want to claim that those schools would work over Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska?  C'mon.

The only patsie in the SEC is Vandy, and that is somewhat of a stretch. For sure they would work over Nebraska, just ask Melvin Gordon. Wisconsin is clearly the best team in the big 10. I mean good lord the gerbils lost to Illinois!!! Every analyst I have watched this year has the Big 10 ranked dead last, by a wide margin, against the other 4 power conferences. 

• Upvote 1

I'm only a hater because they are given an inordinate amount of attention. That inordinate amount of attention is a result of a major contract between the SEC and ESPN. 

Year in and year out Notre Dame seems to get ranked pretty highly midway through the season, then they tank and so does their ranking. Why do they get ranked high to begin with? Media exposure. Same thing, just on a conference level with the SEC. 

Wait a minute.....the Big 10 has its own network....plus they are on ABC and ESPN and ESPN2 as much or more than the SEC.