SiouxSports.com Forum

SJSU Game Thread

FSSD

the one coach i was really wanting to see coach was rudolph and i'm not sure what to think especially the qb sneak...pecosky or iverson running it with adler in motion and clearing out  the left side of the line would have been nice to see or if your gonna do qb sneak walk up and quck snap and damit joe move your feet your six two and two hundred plus!!!!...plus i am a huge proponent of the te being a big part of a balanced offense and tonight not so much other than the ruhe's nice catch and run....

I think Simmons showed promise. Will Ratelle played well. I thought we got into the backfield at times and that was nice to see. He'll we even got a sack. A couple years ago we didn't get a sack until something like game #4. I like the fact that the corners weren't playing so soft, except on that last touchdown. I was pleasantly surprised by the kicking game other than the Punt TD of course given the fact that there were true freshmen handling it.

Looks to me though that both lines were really overmatched. Also, through my eyes, I don't see a lot of talent at ANY skill position and that includes QB.

I'm really surprised this game got as out of hand as it did. Can't wait to see how they handle Robert Morris.

I think Simmons showed promise. Will Ratelle played well. I thought we got into the backfield at times and that was nice to see. He'll we even got a sack. A couple years ago we didn't get a sack until something like game #4. I like the fact that the corners weren't playing so soft, except on that last touchdown. I was pleasantly surprised by the kicking game other than the Punt TD of course given the fact that there were true freshmen handling it.

Looks to me though that both lines were really overmatched. Also, through my eyes, I don't see a lot of talent at ANY skill position and that includes QB.

I'm really surprised this game got as out of hand as it did. Can't wait to see how they handle Robert Morris.

Have to disagree about the kicking.... Knockoffs weren't bad, other than that they need work. They are fresh out of high school though.

He would have thrown at least three picks against a capable defense.  

You are dead on.

That was a very ordinary and beatable team out there.

We will see two, possibly three better teams in our own conference than what we just saw out there and that worries me greatly.

• Upvote 1

I'm really surprised this game got as out of hand as it did.

O-line: overmatched.

D-line: overmatched.

Not a lot of talent at any skill position.

And you're "surprised" at how out of hand the game got?

i disagree with everyone saying not a lot of talent at the skill position...i just think that a fb team starts with the o line and d line and they just need to get bigger and stronger and hopefully the coaches can hide some the deficiencies on both lines through creative coaching

and yes i bet there two or three teams in the bsc that are better than this team and we happen to play all three of them!!

Look. We get it. You are not a fan of UND football. You've spent the entire week making sure we are all aware of it. Now stop trolling. It is a violation of the terms and rules of SiouxSports.com.

• Upvote 1

Look. We get it. You are not a fan of UND football. You've spent the entire week making sure we are all aware of it. Now stop trolling. It is a violation of the terms and rules of SiouxSports.com.

I was pointing out your own comments and how they didn't add up.

Sorry if I wasn't drinking the same "UND in an upset" or "UND keeps it close" Kool-Aid that some people were two-fisting over in "SJSU Predictions" earlier.

I admire Bubba for his willingness to take on the task he has before him.

somehow I doubt a guy with 11,000 posts is here just to troll.  He has an opinion about the state of the team that appears to have been pretty accurate.  Having an honest accurate opinion is not trolling.  This board has been infested with delusional optimism for years now, and anyone who takes a grounded opinion gets attacked.  Your post was much closer to a violation of the terms of service than his.

It's gonna be a long season, but in three years we're going to have a pretty experienced team with some good talent.

• Upvote 2

To bed early and up early to catch a flight... yikes! Wasn't expecting miracles but didn't even cover a nearly 4 TD spread.

Nonetheless will be excited to make first fall trip north next Saturday for the home opener.

I needed to sleep on it before deciding just how bad this team is, and after further review it's as bad as we can get.    The offense had nothing and our only TD came against their backups.    If things don't get back on track next game against RM this will get super ugly.   Not much else to say about it.

I'm more of a realistic than an optimist. I was hoping for no blow-out but more so I was hoping to see good tackling and crisp play calling and fewer mistakes. What I saw is what we all know - it starts with OL and DL, which were both overmatched. The year we beat UNI you can point at the lines being able to hold their own and often dominate which opens up a lot of options. Gonna be rough against the top tier this year - anyone who thought otherwise wasn't paying attention. I'll be there for every home game supporting the team and it won't be by second guessing the staff or dissing any players - and I will never use the word "suck" when discussing any UND team - not my style.  

• Upvote 2

Violation... for what? Not towing your company line as it relates to FB as you see it?

This coming from a "moderator"... swing your big stick and put MM in his place. Well played.

somehow I doubt a guy with 11,000 posts is here just to troll. He has an opinion about the state of the team that appears to have been pretty accurate. Having an honest accurate opinion is not trolling. This board has been infested with delusional optimism for years now, and anyone who takes a grounded opinion gets attacked. Your post was much closer to a violation of the terms of service than his.

It's gonna be a long season, but in three years we're going to have a pretty experienced team with some good talent.

Careful...most of this post is in violation of the "Duckies and Bunnies" section of the terms and rules on the site.

It's going to be a looooooonnnnggg season, but it's also going to be a loooooooonnnnngggg 3 seasons in this rebuild. Saying that doesn't make anyone less of a fan.

My hope is the game against the Plundering Turd next year is less than a 20 point loss.