SiouxSports.com Forum

SJSU Game Thread

FSSD

That's something I don't want to get used to.  Seems like we have gotten used to quite a bit over the last 7 years.  And I think asking how we are going to approach our offense given the state of the O line is a legitamate question here on a football forum.

Posing the question on a blog will get you a variety of answers. There are quite a few folks who have trouble getting beyond the fact the Mussman didn't leave a boatload of talent and depth. Thus throughout the game thread and comments they will continue to feel better bashing Mussman. It's pretty clear what he did and don't do. Then there are the trolls who want to remind everyone that the AC is pretty damn good. We also have a large group of our fans who have to keep comparing us to what the AC did and didn't do and how they might have a reasonable chance of beating us this year or even next.

Fortunately, Bubba and the new staff are concerned about the guys who are here and how to get better "day by day". Bubba wants to run the ball, but if we can give the QB time, I think they will try and open things up. It's pretty tough to be one dimensional and without an experienced and talented Oline, I think you will see this team will take whatever they think they can exploit.

Our defense is better but must improve everyday. One of my pet peaves is dropping the ball. If you watch our skill kids in practice and warm ups not many look the ball into their hands every single time they catch it. If you are in the habit of doing that every time, you have the habit of securing the FB before you turn up field or make a move. One of most important fundamentals in catching the ball yet so many don't do it. If we don't drop the interceptions we are more competitive. Oline will improve but that group may take longer cuz of the skills and schemes necessary to be successful. Kids at skill positions can let their athletic ability carry them sooner than kids in the oline. These guys have a good attitude that they need to develop into a winning attitude and I believe they will improve as the year goes on. San Jose State is a decent team and they handed it to us. It's over, we get better and "on to Belle Fourche Mr. Natlinger".

• Upvote 2

Posing the question on a blog will get you a variety of answers. There are quite a few folks who have trouble getting beyond the fact the Mussman didn't leave a boatload of talent and depth. Thus throughout the game thread and comments they will continue to feel better bashing Mussman. It's pretty clear what he did and don't do. Then there are the trolls who want to remind everyone that the AC is pretty damn good. We also have a large group of our fans who have to keep comparing us to what the AC did and didn't do and how they might have a reasonable chance of beating us this year or even next.

Fortunately, Bubba and the new staff are concerned about the guys who are here and how to get better "day by day". Bubba wants to run the ball, but if we can give the QB time, I think they will try and open things up. It's pretty tough to be one dimensional and without an experienced and talented Oline, I think you will see this team will take whatever they think they can exploit.

Our defense is better but must improve everyday. One of my pet peaves is dropping the ball. If you watch our skill kids in practice and warm ups not many look the ball into their hands every single time they catch it. If you are in the habit of doing that every time, you have the habit of securing the FB before you turn up field or make a move. One of most important fundamentals in catching the ball yet so many don't do it. If we don't drop the interceptions we are more competitive. Oline will improve but that group may take longer cuz of the skills and schemes necessary to be successful. Kids at skill positions can let their athletic ability carry them sooner than kids in the oline. These guys have a good attitude that they need to develop into a winning attitude and I believe they will improve as the year goes on. San Jose State is a decent team and they handed it to us. It's over, we get better and "on to Belle Fourche Mr. Natlinger".

Well said.