SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL 2014 Season

MafiaMan

• 3 weeks later...

There are some PR departments of many teams trying to justify signing him. Doubt anyone does until after the Super Bowl.

If there wasn't so much PR baggage involved, imagine the power of an Adrian Peterson-Ray Rice dual backfield? :0  Heck, Bridgewater wouldn't have to do much of anything if the Vikings had those two in the backfield at the same time.  But the damage to the team's reputation is not worth it.  Better to get rid of Peterson and re-design the offense during the off-season before the draft.

I don't think there really is much demand for Ray Rice. He was terrible last year and football wise the Ravens are better off with Forsett than getting the 3.0 yards per carry they were getting last year from Rice. Why would anyone want someone that was terrible last year, hasn't played all year this year, and is a PR nightmare? He definitely isn't worth more than the veteran's minimum.

Oxbow6, I think your Packers defense is gonna let you down in the playoffs again. No excuse for that 2nd half comeback by the Falcons.

And like always, the national media will ignore it like they always do.  If the Vikings had that same defense, that is all you would hear about for days on end.  People would think the Falcons won instead!

The Miami Dolphins...stupidest football team in the NFL this side of the New York Jets.

Oops...forgot about the Vikings...

Has there been a division worse than the AFC East over the past 20 years? Bills, Dolphins, and Jets have all been awful for most of that stretch.

It was wide open though and the punter made a good throw I'm not sure how that guy dropped the ball.

That is what I was thinking.  They had the Cowboys totally taken by surprise and the guy drops it?!?!  Then Romo and company took it in for the TD and a 14-0 lead.  And that was pretty much the ballgame.

Don't forget, the Dolts used to be in the AFC LEast with the Pats, Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. :)

In the last 21 seasons, New England has won the AFC East 14 times. All the other teams in the division have combined to win it a total of 7 times and 1 of those titles was by the 2008 Dolphins, who won the division because Tom Brady missed essentially the entire season due to injury. The team STILL finished 11-5 but lost a tie-breaker for the playoffs - and pounded the Dolphins 48-28 in Miami late in the season, meaning Miami needed help from others to win the division. The Patriots finished 4-2 in division play, going 2-0 against the Bills and 1-1 against the Jets and Dolphins.

That is what I was thinking.  They had the Cowboys totally taken by surprise and the guy drops it?!?!  Then Romo and company took it in for the TD and a 14-0 lead.  And that was pretty much the ballgame.

Cowboys originally had a guy lined up over the gunner but he shifted down to the line of scrimmage indicating a block formation, leaving the guy wide open.  Dallas basically dared the Colts to audible and they did. The punter did his part, the guy just flat out dropped it.