SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC to get expanded TV coverage

#MACtion

Anybody wanna play the guessing game as to how many subscribers NCHCtv will have?  Im going to be an optimist and say 250,000.  Will the schools split the profit equally, or will it be broken down by which schools had the most subscribers? Also, anybody know anything about what's up with DU? I realize they have some type of contract restricting home games being broadcasted, but any idea when that BS expires?  I don't know about you guys, but Im stoked that Im getting twice as much Sioux hockey to watch this year!

Has anything been officially announced with Sioux hockey being available on fcs for this season?

Here's my question for you directv guys....

I live in the country in nd and have no access to high speed Internet or cable tv. Is fcs still available on directv? If so are the games in hd or sd? If I remember right directv used to use a spare channel to show Sioux games on fcs but that was prior to the Sioux games being shown in hd. I haven't had pay tv for a long time. But if it allows me to watch a number of Sioux games I may just bite the bullet with directv.

Has anything been officially announced with Sioux hockey being available on fcs for this season?

Here's my question for you directv guys....

I live in the country in nd and have no access to high speed Internet or cable tv. Is fcs still available on directv? If so are the games in hd or sd? If I remember right directv used to use a spare channel to show Sioux games on fcs but that was prior to the Sioux games being shown in hd. I haven't had pay tv for a long time. But if it allows me to watch a number of Sioux games I may just bite the bullet with directv.

I would imagine that they will be in HD since the MidcoSN broadcasts were. 

Isn't the cart way out in front of the horse in this thread? I see lots of comments about more games televised by CBS, and Fox Sports televising Sioux games (no more CBS exclusivity). I believe CBS announces their schedule next week, but I haven't seen anything about Fox. So is everything on this thread speculation???

While none of it has been announced, it's not speculation. CBSSN is doing 11 regular season games, 6 of them UND. Brad will post the specifics but it's 3 home/3 road games for UND.

FCS will likely be announced following official release of CBS schedule.

How about we all just shut the F up and wait for the official announcement.  That seems to make the most sense vs. all of this silly assed hearsay.  Once we know the facts I think it will be pretty easy for us all to make our own personal decisions.

Lol then what is the point of a message board?!

Most of the info is coming from brad and the NCHC... No reason to spaz out. You must have had a bad day.

• Upvote 2

Lol then what is the point of a message board?!

Most of the info is coming from brad and the NCHC... No reason to spaz out. You must have had a bad day.

I am going to agree, message boards are for speculating and exchanging ideas. 

I hear you.  

Naw - I didn't have a bad day - actually had a very good day.  

I get weary of all of the speculation and hearsay over some stuff - particularly the TV contract stuff right now.  It seems to me some people are just making sh!t up for the sake of stirring the pot or not being well enough informed.  If we just wait a few days we will have the facts and we can move on.  I agree with the boards being about speculation etc. but some things ( like the TV issue ) can be resolved if we all just shut the F up and wait.

Ok, so the CBS deal is what it is. What is Fox going to announce?

Fox won't announce anything. UND will announce a new agreement with FCS.

I don't want to claim to be all knowing, but when it comes to nchc TV stuff, I have a lot of info. It's never speculation on my part.

• Upvote 1

I hear you.

I get weary of all of the speculation and hearsay over some stuff - particularly the TV contract stuff right now. It seems to me some people are just making !@$! up for the sake of stirring the pot or not being well enough informed. If we just wait a few days we will have the facts and we can move on. I agree with the boards being about speculation etc. but some things ( like the TV issue ) can be resolved if we all just shut the F up and wait.

Who is making things up? And how is anything that is said on this board going to prevent the tv issue from being resolved.

I appreciate the information I can find on this board myself. And the hockey season is right around the corner. Many people are eager to find what their options for viewing the games are. What's wrong with that?

I don't want to claim to be all knowing, but when it comes to nchc TV stuff, I have a lot of info. It's never speculation on my part.

I know I am appreciating the updates. 

I hear you.  

I get weary of all of the speculation and hearsay over some stuff - particularly the TV contract stuff right now.  It seems to me some people are just making !@$! up for the sake of stirring the pot or not being well enough informed.  If we just wait a few days we will have the facts and we can move on.  I agree with the boards being about speculation etc. but some things ( like the TV issue ) can be resolved if we all just shut the F up and wait.

I can tell you, that I would trust South Paw. I got to meet him last year at the Frozen Faceoff and I would say that his info is on the money. 

You know if midco will be switching back from fibre to satellite to uplink?

That I don't know but my guess is that they'll stay with their previous setup.

I know someone asked about HD a page ago. If you're watching on Midco, it will be HD. If you're watching on FCS, it won't be. If you're watching on CBSSN, it will be HD. If you're watching a Und home game via nchc.tv it will be HD.

So the exclusivity clause with CBS will go bye-bye and FOX will televise all UND home games other than those televised by CBS?