SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC to get expanded TV coverage

#MACtion

So from the looks of things the UND Insider package will no longer offer video streaming of the Men's games, but the NCHC feed will carry those instead.  But the NCHC page says they only offer conference games, so I am wondering about options for viewing the Manitoba exhibition game, the Bemidji State series, and the Providence series, through a streaming service.   Might it be that UND will stream all their home games through NCHC anyway?  I'm curious if anyone knows this.  Thanks

So from the looks of things the UND Insider package will no longer offer video streaming of the Men's games, but the NCHC feed will carry those instead. But the NCHC page says they only offer conference games, so I am wondering about options for viewing the Manitoba exhibition game, the Bemidji State series, and the Providence series, through a streaming service. Might it be that UND will stream all their home games through NCHC anyway? I'm curious if anyone knows this. Thanks

Nchc.tv includes ALL home games except for those aired on CBSSN. Manitoba, Bemidji home game, Air Force and Providence series are included with your nchc.tv subscription.

• Upvote 2

Someone needs to come out and tell us exactly what we are getting with this package whether it be UND, the NCHC, or someone like Schlossman or Hajdu.

I'm purchasing something, I just don't know what yet.

I get you want someone who is a "respected" source of information.  But they'll tell you the exact same thing:

Purchasing the team only option through NCHC.tv will give you all of UND's home games, including non-conference (except those aired on CBSSN), all of UND's road games (except those at DU and those airing on CBSSN), and all on-demand content associated with UND.

Purchasing the league pass will get you every game played in an NCHC building, including non-conference for every school but DU (and those aired on CBSSN).   You will also get on-demand content for all 8 schools.  

Buying the league pass prior to September 25th for $81.95 will provide you with everything in the second option for just $7 more than the first option.

First round NCHC playoff games are also included in a season package.

I get you want someone who is a "respected" source of information.  But they'll tell you the exact same thing:

Purchasing the team only option through NCHC.tv will give you all of UND's home games, including non-conference (except those aired on CBSSN), all of UND's road games (except those at DU and those airing on CBSSN), and all on-demand content associated with UND.

Purchasing the league pass will get you every game played in an NCHC building, including non-conference for every school but DU (and those aired on CBSSN).   You will also get on-demand content for all 8 schools.  

Buying the league pass prior to September 25th for $81.95 will provide you with everything in the second option for just $7 more than the first option.

First round NCHC playoff games are also included in a season package.

Capisce!  Thanks! :)

Wow! That might be a deal breaker for me. I was wanting to stream it from my touch to my apple tv.

You will still be able to air-play to your apple tv straight from your iphone or ipad. Nchc.tv using adaptive web allowing you to launch the stream straight from you smartphone web-browser. Once the game is playing you can hit the airplay button. No app required.

• Upvote 1

From the FAQ on nchc.tv 

-----

Can I watch NCHC.tv on my smartphone and/or tablet devices?

YES! NCHC.tv uses adaptive html5 technology compatible with most mobile browsers, including iOS and Android operating systems.

---------

So if you can't watch video 'in app' you should be able to in browser.

You will still be able to air-play to your apple tv straight from your iphone or ipad. Nchc.tv using adaptive web allowing you to launch the stream straight from you smartphone web-browser. Once the game is playing you can hit the airplay button. No app required.

I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if that was possible or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if that was possible or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another option that would probably work better than airplay is to just buy an android set-top box for your TV.  This is basically just like a Roku and would act just like one.  It is powered by Android the same as an android phone (except more powerful) or tablet and acts like a Roku connected to your TV via HDMI.  This box has the the google play app store and web browser.  just browse to nchc.tv and launch the stream without having to connect your laptop or airplay.

http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2-Android-Streaming/dp/B00CH643A8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410833533&sr=8-1&keywords=matricom+g-box+midnight+mx2

or

http://matricom.net/products/g-box-midnight-mx2/

It would work the same with the UND Insider app

Just use a Chromecast streaming dongle. It plugs into your HDMI on your TV and you can stream directly from your desktop or laptop to your TV. You have the option of casting from the Google Chrome Web browser or casting your full screen. Works great and is low cost. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DR0PDNE?cache=a2b97f30ca576f1e8e969ffd292ea000&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1410852044&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Just use a Chromecast streaming dongle. It plugs into your HDMI on your TV and you can stream directly from your desktop or laptop to your TV. You have the option of casting from the Google Chrome Web browser or casting your full screen. Works great and is low cost. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DR0PDNE?cache=a2b97f30ca576f1e8e969ffd292ea000&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1410852044&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

For those unfamiliar with Chromecast, realize it uses your wifi to stream from your computer to the TV so there can be issues with the quality and buffering on that as well.

For those unfamiliar with Chromecast, realize it uses your wifi to stream from your computer to the TV so there can be issues with the quality and buffering on that as well.

Having one for every TV in the house, I highly recommend Chromecasts. Your stream quality doesn't change with a Chromecast. It streams in the same quality as the device you are streaming from is capable of,or depending on what you are streaming, it will stream in native resolution. The only way you'd have buffering issues is if your router has a weak signal strength to your casting device and/or Chromecast (ie: your router is on the opposite of your house by a ways).

Pretty much any average cable or DSL internet with decent router is more than enough. Chromecasts are designed for the masses and very easy to use.

• Upvote 1

FCS has TV listings from now until November 1.  I found two NCHC games on Fox College Sports - Atlantic.  No games found on FCS Pacific or FCS Central.  So two games in October, no schedule released yet for November on...

(HKY) NCHC Hockey 2014-15 #1 Minnesota
St. at Minnesota Duluth (L) 10/17/14

(HKY) NCHC Hockey 2014-15 #2 Minnesota
at St. Cloud State (L) 10/31/14

http://www.foxsports.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/Programming/2014/09/12/9.12.14%20FCSA.pdf

9 NCHC games on Fox Sports North and then simulcast on FCS Atlantic.  2 more at Minnesota.

Oct. 17 Friday Minnesota St. vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:00 PM+ 

Oct. 31 Friday Minnesota vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM

Nov. 1 Saturday St. Cloud State vs. Minnesota 4:00 PM

Nov. 7 Friday Minnesota Duluth vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM+

Nov. 14 Friday Minnesota Duluth vs. Minnesota 7:00 PM+

Nov. 15 Saturday Minnesota vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:00 PM+

Nov. 21 Friday North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM+

Dec. 6 Saturday Colorado College vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:00 PM+

Jan. 9 Friday Miami (OH) vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM+

Feb. 21 Saturday Nebraska Omaha vs. St. Cloud State 7:00 PM

Feb. 28 Saturday Nebraska Omaha vs. Minnesota Duluth 6:00 PM

+ airs on FOX Sports North Plus
All Times Central

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/fox-sports-north-announces-extensive-college-hockey-tv-package-092414

9 NCHC games on Fox Sports North and then simulcast on FCS Atlantic.  2 more at Minnesota.

Oct. 17 Friday Minnesota St. vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:00 PM+ 

Oct. 31 Friday Minnesota vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM

Nov. 1 Saturday St. Cloud State vs. Minnesota 4:00 PM

Nov. 7 Friday Minnesota Duluth vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM+

Nov. 14 Friday Minnesota Duluth vs. Minnesota 7:00 PM+

Nov. 15 Saturday Minnesota vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:00 PM+

Nov. 21 Friday North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM+

Dec. 6 Saturday Colorado College vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:00 PM+

Jan. 9 Friday Miami (OH) vs. St. Cloud State 7:30 PM+

Feb. 21 Saturday Nebraska Omaha vs. St. Cloud State 7:00 PM

Feb. 28 Saturday Nebraska Omaha vs. Minnesota Duluth 6:00 PM

+ airs on FOX Sports North Plus

All Times Central

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/fox-sports-north-announces-extensive-college-hockey-tv-package-092414

They changing the station to Fox Sports Duluth?!! :p