SiouxSports.com Forum

The Stanley Cup in GF

pontoonin

Dumb Question:

If Mr. Greene is gracious enough and decides to bring the cup to The Ralph, any idea how this works?

Parade?

Celebration at The Ralph?

Any opportunity to see/touch/selfie with cup up close?

I have a family trip to MT that week, but hate to miss this opportunity.

When Commie brought it to REA they had it in the lobby and you could line up to get a picture next to the cup. It was blocked off so no touching. I showed up late, but I think there was also a meet and greet and a little presentation.

Same thing when Belfour brought it to Old REA.

When Commie brought it to REA they had it in the lobby and you could line up to get a picture next to the cup. It was blocked off so no touching. I showed up late, but I think there was also a meet and greet and a little presentation.

Same thing when Belfour brought it to Old REA.

Belfour's Cup presentation was at Hyslop, and you could actually touch it then.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Paging NorthDakotaHockey or Blackheart...ROAD TRIP?

Hmmmm....sounds tempting but I've already had my picture taken with the Cup. Maybe if you throw in a couple of Grinders....(No, I'm not referring to Mario Lamoreaux or Brian Canady) :)

Seriously hope UND fans show up for this! Greeney remembered his roots and that's great plus this is STILL a pretty rare event! How many times has the Lombardi Trophy shown up in Fargo? I leave that answer up to the scholars but the Stanley Cup has made more rounds in GF than BisonDan trying make a VALID point in any thread that mentions the bison since this board started and i'm sure he'll be the first ndsu fan to "poo-poo" it but F-YOU! :-)

It's a very cool thing for us:-)!

Seriously hope UND fans show up for this! Greeney remembered his roots and that's great plus this is STILL a pretty rare event! How many times has the Lombardi Trophy shown up in Fargo? I leave that answer up to the scholars but the Stanley Cup has made more rounds in GF than BisonDan trying make a VALID point in any thread that mentions the bison since this board started and i'm sure he'll be the first ndsu fan to "poo-poo" it but F-YOU! :-)

It's a very cool thing for us:-)!

First thread I read this morning...the 'F You' definitely an attention getter...looks like you were also born with the gift of fury. :)

First thread I read this morning...the 'F You' definitely an attention getter...looks like you were also born with the gift of fury. :)

I saw the Stanley Cup in 2008 when it was in Eau Claire WI for three hours...on the 6th of July. I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 4,000 people got a chance to see it that day. Super cool.

I saw the Stanley Cup in 2008 when it was in Eau Claire WI for three hours...on the 6th of July. I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 4,000 people got a chance to see it that day. Super cool.

My 18 month old (at the time) daughter and I had our picture taken with it at the local Sears. On our way out we picked up a set of Craftsman wrenches and a Die Hard battery. :). And yes, I did wear my Bruins jersey.

My 18 month old (at the time) daughter and I had our picture taken with it at the local Sears. On our way out we picked up a set of Craftsman wrenches and a Die Hard battery. :). And yes, I did wear my Bruins jersey.

I have a couple of questions regarding this:

#1) Were you buying a standard or metric wrench set?

#2) What was the Stanley Cup doing at Sears?

I have a couple of questions regarding this:

#1) Were you buying a standard or metric wrench set?

#2) What was the Stanley Cup doing at Sears?

Of course I was buying both standard and metric sets...as to why the Cup was at Sears? Gary Bettman was purchasing a new set of Road Hazard tires and was waiting for them to be installed.