SiouxSports.com Forum

Murder in Grand Forks (6/24/2014)

fightingsioux4life

If you live in Grand Forks, please be cautious until these two suspects are apprehended:

http://www.wdaz.com/content/update-victim-identified-murder-investigation

They advise people continue to use caution while these armed criminals are on the loose.

LT. Dwight Love, Grand Forks Police said, "We don't have anybody we can point to ands say this is the reason why we're doing it, or why it happened, or who it is. So, I would be concerned as a general citizen."

Here is a description of the suspects, along with GFPD contact information:

They say an African American male of average build wearing all dark clothing and an African American male of average build wearing light clothing were seen leaving the scene on foot, headed east.

If you've seen or heard anything relating to the case, you're asked to contact Grand Forks Police at 701-787-8000 or texting the word 'tipster' or click here to give a tip on the GFPD website.

Stay safe everyone.

So based on the police description of the 2 suspects that eliminates 98+% of the residents of the GF area. Makes the search within the area a little easier for the GFPD. Cue the racist and/or profiling claims...........................

On wdaz they interviewed neighbors who said the smell of pot was prevalent on a regular basis at this apartment. Not trying to put anyone's name through the mud this was an absolutely terrible thing that happened but as an outsider looking in with only the info that's been put out it appears that this apartment was targeted for a reason. My guess is that the suspects are long gone from grand forks by now.

On wdaz they interviewed neighbors who said the smell of pot was prevalent on a regular basis at this apartment. Not trying to put anyone's name through the mud this was an absolutely terrible thing that happened but as an outsider looking in with only the info that's been put out it appears that this apartment was targeted for a reason. My guess is that the suspects are long gone from grand forks by now.

They said the smell is prevalent throughout the building, not specifically this apartment.

So based on the police description of the 2 suspects that eliminates 98+% of the residents of the GF area. Makes the search within the area a little easier for the GFPD. Cue the racist and/or profiling claims...........................

No profiling in your post, just stating the obvious. There just aren't very many non-whites that live in Grand Forks permanently.

with the influx of Somalians that that percentage is probably lower than 98%

No profiling in your post, just stating the obvious. There just aren't very many non-whites that live in Grand Forks permanently.

I didn't see them described as "non-whites", I saw them described as African Americans.

Speaking of African Americans, how many UND athletes are African American?!??! :huh:

Speaking of African Americans, how many UND athletes are African American?!??! :huh:

Less than the # of NDSU athlete's mug shots I see in the Fargo post office............................

• Upvote 1

Less than the # of NDSU athlete's mug shots I see in the Fargo post office............................

Certainly African American UND athletes can't be ruled out just yet, right?!?!*

*See NDSU/UND thread with rumors about current NDSU athletes-->completely effing bullsh*t!!

I was being inclusive of Latios, Native Americans and Asians so that my comment would be more accurate.

But that is not the description given by witnesses and stated by GFPD:

They say an African American male of average build wearing all dark clothing and an African American male of average build wearing light clothing were seen leaving the scene on foot, headed east

BTW, if they investigate into this case as thoroughly as they do those involving UND athletes, we may have another Broken Drum unsolved murder case on our hands.

How/why are Somalians moving to GF?

Because their homeland is lawless and war-torn and the Somalians want their children to have a chance at a decent life. As to how they get here, I believe there are some non-profit charities that work to get them in the United States and get them on their feet once they settle here.

Because their homeland is lawless and war-torn and the Somalians want their children to have a chance at a decent life. As to how they get here, I believe there are some non-profit charities that work to get them in the United States and get them on their feet once they settle here.

Or the cities are approached by the govt or vica versa and are given money to being them to the community. They are then given sec 8 or 9 housing which means its paid by the govt and they are all given public assistance , food stamps etc.

Lutheran Social Services is the main sponsor of Somali refugees. Its kind of a racket because the more they sponsor, the more the government funds LSS.

They should be sponsoring more Ethiopian and South Sudanese. At least they are Christian and don't want to overthrow the government and have its people submit to Sharia law.

Or the cities are approached by the govt or vica versa and are given money to being them to the community. They are then given sec 8 or 9 housing which means its paid by the govt and they are all given public assistance , food stamps etc.

And I suppose you were against the Marshall Plan too because it cost money? Helping people in need is what America does. It's what gives us a positive image on the world stage. Of course, some people don't care about that.

• Upvote 1