SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

There are many reasons not to cheer for the Wild..That is just one of them (albeit an important one).  Give me one reason I should be cheering for them... like their 'exciting" style of play (Nope)...or those Christmas tree colored uniforms (Nope)... or the broadcast team (Nope)... or because they are/were the closest team to ND (Nope)... Damn right I can be narrow minded about certain things, and doubt your opinion will change that...

The style of play critique is very old and not real valid anymore it isn't like Lemaire is still the coach and they sit back in a trap the whole game only sending 1 guy on the forecheck.

The style of play critique is very old and not real valid anymore it isn't like Lemaire is still the coach and they sit back in a trap the whole game only sending 1 guy on the forecheck.

So glad LeMaire is gone. Yes his style put one to sleep. Wild are not even close to that style of play now. Thank God.

Pipes were the number 1 star tonight. There was a sequence of 3 pipes in less than a minute that saved the Wilds hide.

You got that right - that extra coat of paint on that end really made a difference!

LOL at the people hating on the Wild because of the broadcast team or former goofs on the roster :)  As someone who never watches a goofs game (that isn't against UND), I only know Lapanta as the Twins and Wild announcer, so that problem is solved.  As for the goofs players, the Wild seem to be collecting them, but just like when I told that onetime Pio, Zucker, that I was glad to finally be able to cheer for him, I'm trying to look past the poor college choices made by some of Parise's teammates.

You got that right - that extra coat of paint on that end really made a difference!

LOL at the people hating on the Wild because of the broadcast team or former goofs on the roster :) As someone who never watches a goofs game (that isn't against UND), I only know Lapanta as the Twins and Wild announcer, so that problem is solved. As for the goofs players, the Wild seem to be collecting them, but just like when I told that onetime Pio, Zucker, that I was glad to finally be able to cheer for him, I'm trying to look past the poor college choices made by some of Parise's teammates.

Great point of view.

If people want to cherry-pick NHL teams based on where certain UND players wind up, why is it such a travesty to root against NHL teams based on where certain Minnesota players wind up?

I'm a Red Wings fan. Had Steve Yzerman been traded to Boston in 1996, I wouldn't have instantly become a Bruins fan. On the flip side, I can't stand Sidney Crosby, but if he were traded to Detroit tomorrow, I'd cheer for him. I wouldn't buy a #87 Red Wings jersey, but I'd cheer for him.

To each his own. Cheer for whoever you want. Just don't be a hypocrite and b*tch about Kyle Rau today and then buy his jersey in 2022 when he wins a Conn Smythe for the Stanley Cup champion Wild.

To each his own. Cheer for whoever you want. Just don't be a hypocrite and b*tch about Kyle Rau today and then buy his jersey in 2022 when he wins a Conn Smythe for the Stanley Cup champion Wild.

Yeah, not seeing it from this Golden Choker...

If people want to cherry-pick NHL teams based on where certain UND players wind up, why is it such a travesty to root against NHL teams based on where certain Minnesota players wind up?

I'm a Red Wings fan. Had Steve Yzerman been traded to Boston in 1996, I wouldn't have instantly become a Bruins fan. On the flip side, I can't stand Sidney Crosby, but if he were traded to Detroit tomorrow, I'd cheer for him. I wouldn't buy a #87 Red Wings jersey, but I'd cheer for him.

Believe me, I couldn't have been happier when the Bruins traded Kessel and Wheeler!

• Upvote 1

Fair enough.  I don't know if my comment of "Parise's teammates" had anything to do with your response, but separating the college from the NHL is easier for some of us than others.  Besides a Parise Wild jersey, the other NHL sweaters I own are from the Bruins and Lightning.  Unless Zane or OD rise quickly, I don't know that we've got any other Sioux players in those pipelines.

Oh, and no way in hell would I own a Crosby or Rau jersey - if I like the team, but not the individual, I can find someone else on the team, or a blank jersey.  And those are two individuals, however talented, whose game/personality I do not like/support.  Team > individual.

Believe me, I couldn't have been happier when the Bruins traded Kessel and Wheeler!

Blake Wheeler is by far, one of the softest 250 pound hockey players I have ever seen play the game of hockey. 

Those of you who feel that way about the Gophers must have really despised the 1980 gold medal winning U.S. olympic team. :whistling:

So if I cheered for the Red Wings Russian Five in 1997, does that mean I must have been a CCCP fan in 1980 too?