SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 World Cup Predictions

MafiaMan

The USA gave a valiant effort in the World Cup. No one gave them a chance to make it out of group play. A tenth of a inch the game is tied and the USA would be to penalty kicks. They proved they can play with anyone in this World Cup, and a lot of that goes to Klinsmann getting this team to believe that they can play with and beat anyone.

They proved they can play with anyone in this World Cup, and a lot of that goes to Klinsmann getting this team to believe that they can play with and beat anyone.

I don't know if I would go THAT far...Belgium completely dominated play for about 110 of the 120 minutes of play.

I don't know if I would go THAT far...Belgium completely dominated play for about 110 of the 120 minutes of play.

Well it took extra time for both teams to score and the USA almost scored at the 90th minute. I look at it this way, if the USA can be within a goal of teams better then them and weather the storm they have a chance to beat better teams.

Howard was terrific all Cup. Bradley was not. Not having Josie hurt. Landon would have helped some how in each of the 4 games.

Lost a lot of respect for the Diving Dutch. Messi is brilliant. Columbia is fun to watch...they pressure up and play fast.

Well it took extra time for both teams to score and the USA almost scored at the 90th minute. I look at it this way, if the USA can be within a goal of teams better then them and weather the storm they have a chance to beat better teams.

2010: 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss record. Eliminated in round of 16. Coach fired.

2014: 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses record. Eliminated in round of 16. National heroes.

Go figure.

2010: 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss record. Eliminated in round of 16. Coach fired.

2014: 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses record. Eliminated in round of 16. National heroes.

Go figure.

In 2010, the US played the 8th, 25th and 30th teams in their group. They squeaked into the round of 16, when they should have dominated their way into it. They then lost to 32nd ranked Ghana by one goal in extra time.

In 2014, the US played the 2nd, 4th and 37th teams in their group. They squeaked into the round of 16, when they had no right winning more than one match. They then lost to 11th ranked Belgium by one goal in extra time.

Which would be more impressive... Mankato finishing 2nd in the WCHA in 2013-14 or finishing 2nd in the WCHA in 12-13?

• Upvote 2

In 2010, the US played the 8th, 25th and 30th teams in their group. They squeaked into the round of 16, when they should have dominated their way into it. They then lost to 32nd ranked Ghana by one goal in extra time.

In 2014, the US played the 2nd, 4th and 37th teams in their group. They squeaked into the round of 16, when they had no right winning more than one match. They then lost to 11th ranked Belgium by one goal in extra time.

Which would be more impressive... Mankato finishing 2nd in the WCHA in 2013-14 or finishing 2nd in the WCHA in 12-13?

Bingo.

• Upvote 1