SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 World Cup Predictions

MafiaMan

In 60 minutes of hockey, each goalie is going to make around 30 saves. In 90 minutes of soccer/futbol, each goalie is going to make around 3 saves.

As I've watched a bit more of this World Cup, I've found some teams to be somewhat more enjoyable to watch. The Mexico-Netherlands game was fairly entertaining and fast-paced. However, watching team USA play is akin to watching paint dry.

Kind of like watching the Red Wings? :)

Colombia is the most entertaining team left to watch IMO.

Mexico got screwed yesterday on the late penalty. Horrible call at that stage of the game at this point in the World Cup.

Colombia is the most entertaining team left to watch IMO.

Mexico got screwed yesterday on the late penalty. Horrible call at that stage of the game at this point in the World Cup.

They got away with one early... I can understand giving it to them if they were down 1 but when the game is tied... That penalty was unnecessary

If Messi wasn't playing in the World Cup, Argentina would have been knocked out in group play.

That might be one of the more idiotic things I've read today.

They'd be a very different team without Messi... Not necessarily one incapable of advancing past the group.

That might be one of the more idiotic things I've read today.

They'd be a very different team without Messi... Not necessarily one incapable of advancing past the group.

He scored 4 goals in group play, take away those goals and Argentina would have lost to Nigeria 2-1 tied Iran 0-0, and tied Bosnia-Herzegovina 1-1. So not very idiotic is it?

He scored 4 goals in group play, take away those goals and Argentina would have lost to Nigeria 2-1 tied Iran 0-0, and tied Bosnia-Herzegovina 1-1. So not very idiotic is it?

You are taking off the center forward and assuming Argentina is playing the exact same way. Without Messi playing they'd have a totally different look to what they are doing.

Think Colts w/ Manning(Messi) and colts w/ Luck(likely replacement)

I know whats wrong they need smaller field. & Lines so they can play all out & change when tired -

Yep. They just need a smaller playing surface, half the players, use something smaller instead of a beach ball, have the players carry sticks, and play the game on ice for extra speed and then they might be onto a pretty decent sport. The players would need to wear a different style of shoe to have better traction on the ice, perhaps a boot with a single blade instead of multiple cleats. I dunno, any engineers on the board that can design something?