SiouxSports.com Forum

Jaron Nash

U7N0D1SIOUX

If Nash gets his 6th year, that will change the entire expectations for next year. With Nash we will fill a major hole at the 4 and get more athleticism. Before Shanks can get eligible in the 2nd half a lineup can be

Hooker

Tyler

Stefan

Nash

Calc/Salmonson

Antwi

Calc/Salmonson

Coleman

Crandall

Benton

Houbaugh

This fits in with my bold prediction that Geno plays from day 1 and is the backup point to Hooker. Its not a bad lineup, Hooker will improve, Tyler will be solid (do what he did down in UMKC, but cut down on his turnovers). Stefan to get his shots, Nash doing his thing like he did last year. Someone from Calc and Salmonson needs to step up and deliver at the 5.

When Shanks gets eligble, put him instead of Calc/Salmonson and move Calc to the 4 where he will be better suited and let Ryan play the 5. Then you have a team that can go 10 deep. With that we can redshirt Cashman and Sheilds for a year and when Cal/Nash/Salmonson graduate we have a solid and young backcourt to go with a nice front court. With that, we can compete for a top spot in the Sky. Some people might think 1 person can't be enough to change expectations THAT much, but in this instance it can. It will change everything not only for this year, but for future years.

Hooker

Tyler

Stefan

Nash

Shanks

Crandall

Antwi

Coleman

Calc

Salmonson

Not a bad starting lineup and can get some solid production from the bench too.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

He gets one more season! Huge for the basketball team!

Hopefully Jones proves me wrong and he can successfully lead this team moving forward.

Great news - and I would think he will have a better season after having a couple years in the program. I hope he has worked on his FT shooting throughout the summer!

Great news - and I would think he will have a better season after having a couple years in the program. I hope he has worked on his FT shooting throughout the summer!

I can tell you not only he but all of the team are shooting almost daily at the wellness center. Women's team is putting in a lot of time too.

How are some of the new kids looking?

I have only seen the new players there once but wasn't able to watch much of what they were doing. Crandell looks taller than you'd expect and really long. Cashman looks like a big dude who can bang down low. That was the two biggest impressions I got.

• 3 months later...