SiouxSports.com Forum

Probable Two Deep Roster

geaux_sioux

There was unpresidented roster turnover this year. We're adding a ton of jucos and a couple FBS transfers. There also may be some fr getting looks immediately. Let's get a discussion going and trying and piece together what the rotations might look like on offense and defense.

There was unpresidented roster turnover this year. We're adding a ton of jucos and a couple FBS transfers. There also may be some fr getting looks immediately. Let's get a discussion going and trying and piece together what the rotations might look like on offense and defense.

One position I don't want rotated is the QB position. Unless there is injury keep it at one.

Absolute shot in the dark, but here it is:

QB: 1) Joe Mollberg 2) Ryan Bartels

HB: 1) Cedric Simmons 2) Adam Shaugabay

FB: 1) Dustin Iverson 2) Dwayne Pecosky

TE: 1) Zach Adler 2) Tucker Nordby

WR1: 1) RJ McGill 2) Tyhre Ivery

WR 2:1) Casey Young 2) Brandon Walker

LT: 1) Brendan Slaight 2) Dan Bell

LG: 1) Colton Boas 2) Sean Meehan

C: 1) Ben Henson 2) Shea Walker

RG; 1) Brandon Anderson 2) Jacob Francis

RT: 1) Devin Barton 2) Adam Stiner

LE: 1) Jordan Hinojosa 2) Alex Carrothers

NT: 1) Shea Walker 2) Jonathan Harris

RE: 1) Marcus Cheatom 2) Spencer Cummings

LOLB: 1) Javen Butler 2) Alex Hickel

MLB1: 1) Will Ratelle 2) Brian Labat

MLB2: 1) Dylan Bakker 2) Ben Peters

ROLB: 1) Dayo Idowu 2) Brandon Larson

CB1: 1) Alex Tillman 2) Chris Carter

CB2: 1) Dominic Blackmon 2) Charles Flowers

FS: 1) Chris Hannible 2) William James

SS: 1) Baylee Carr 2) Cole Reyes

K: Reid Tauberheim

P: Mitch Meindel

I wouldn't argue with any of your projections. There certainly are a bunch of new names!

So you don't see Aeron Carr in the mix at wide receiver.

So you don't see Aeron Carr in the mix at wide receiver.

I guess I went with the assumption he wasn't going to be on the team next fall. In the event he is, I'd like to think he would play over the two incoming freshmen wide receivers, Walker and Ferguson.

I guess I went with the assumption he wasn't going to be on the team next fall. In the event he is, I'd like to think he would play over the two incoming freshmen wide receivers, Walker and Ferguson.

He's still officially on the team as far as I have heard. However he went home to AZ for summer workouts, so I wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't return. Word is he's pretty flighty. I hope I'm wrong because I'd like to see what he could do here. Regarding the posted depth chart up top, I think theres 95% chance Cole Reyes is a starter. He's a guy that needs to be on the field early and often.

I am hoping Cedric Simmons lives up to what I saw in his recruiting videos. The running game needs to improve and hopefully the O line will play will help with this. Other than Simmons we have Shaugs (short yardage), Sharp (unproven) and Garmin.

I am hoping Cedric Simmons lives up to what I saw in his recruiting videos. The running game needs to improve and hopefully the O line will play will help with this. Other than Simmons we have Shaugs (short yardage), Sharp (unproven) and Garmin.

This next recruiting class needs two stud rbs. We need bigger backs that can run.

I am not sure how accurate this was but apparently Palandech had the strongest and most accurate arm and also was the fastest out of all the QBs. This is coming from a freshman football player. So hearing that it disappoints me that we lost him.

I am not sure how accurate this was but apparently Palandech had the strongest and most accurate arm and also was the fastest out of all the QBs. This is coming from a freshman football player. So hearing that it disappoints me that we lost him.

I think It was obvious that he was the fastest, without a doubt. I don't know about the rest.

Was told that he was the leader for starting coming out of spring ball and headed into the fall camp but he had his mind set on playing FBS already.

Palandech was the fastest but was far from the best passer, arm strength or accuracy wise. Raw in that department. He would have been third on the depth chart come fall camp.

Interesting. Quite different from what I was told but at this point doesn't really matter. Hopefully Molberg and Bartels put in some work with the WR's over the summer, both positions are going to be a little short on experience this fall.

Interesting. Quite different from what I was told but at this point doesn't really matter. Hopefully Molberg and Bartels put in some work with the WR's over the summer, both positions are going to be a little short on experience this fall.

Not saying he didn't have a shot at winning the job eventually but from what I know he is pretty raw overall. His athleticism and running ability were way ahead of any of the other QB's though. He would have been alright if he stuck around but so be it.