SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Who else were we supposed to win with? Only been division 1 eligible for... 5 seasons so far? NDSU has traditionally done well with a lot of coaches. I expect the herd to continue being a top tier team... Like Montana... But without a history of losing the big one.

6 seasons ( 2014 will be your 7th). I think you guys could be the next Montana but even they miss the playoffs now and then.

Okay I'll give you that - sure would be more fun if every thread didn't have to turn into a pissing match. This is a UND fan site, just like other "rivals" there are gonna be posts poking at our rivals - every poke doesn't need a bison fan to come over here and set the record straight - it's just a discussion among UND fans and a little fun at the expense of rivals.

I understand that and we do it as well. There are UND fans on BV also. Hey we are rivals ,we poke fun at each other. Its what rivals do. If facts are brought forward its not a pissing match. Its a discussion. IMO. Now if Poo starts getting slinged then its a pissing match. And YES I want the game to be played again--just for the record. :)

UNI has always been a clash-- hate game. They were dirty and trashy when I played and that hasnt changed. SDSU was just another game until they manufactured a rivalry after you stopped playing us. Some fans embraced it. Me its just another game and I REALLY have a hard time getting excited for it to the point I dont unless something is riding on the outcome.

I understand that and we do it as well. There are UND fans on BV also. Hey we are rivals ,we poke fun at each other. Its what rivals do. If facts are brought forward its not a pissing match. Its a discussion. IMO. Now if Poo starts getting slinged then its a pissing match. And YES I want the game to be played again--just for the record. :)

UNI has always been a clash-- hate game. They were dirty and trashy when I played and that hasnt changed. SDSU was just another game until they manufactured a rivalry after you stopped playing us. Some fans embraced it. Me its just another game and I REALLY have a hard time getting excited for it to the point I dont unless something is riding on the outcome.

I understand that the UNI game is big for you folks.

But, I'm with you. We can play Montana/Montana state over and over, but it will always be the ag college that riles us up in sports outside of hockey.

Which is the greatest sport...EVER! ;)

If you are being honest, would you agree that their are a LOT more Bison fans that post on this site than UND fans that post on BV? I don't think it is even close.

Percentage-wise, by far more FU fans post here than UND fans on buffaloville. But, overall, the traffic on B-ville is much higher than here.

If you are being honest, would you agree that their are a LOT more Bison fans that post on this site than UND fans that post on BV? I don't think it is even close.

Oh yes with out a doubt. But the ones we do have over there are pretty prolific.

I do want to say this.

We are all fans of college football. The only difference between you and me is we root for different teams. A great rivalry can be great fun. What ruins it is the extreme fanatics that dont understand that at the heart of it, its all about the the game. In the end its just a game.

• Upvote 2

Refreshing responses by Bison fans. I agree with you. It is fun to carry on a conversation with the other fan base where it doesn't turn nasty. Let's try to keep this kind back and forth going. The extreme fanatics from both sides are not productive.

• Upvote 1

No way to measure this but what percentage of fans attending FU football games would you guess are neutal, ie; have no affiliation with the university - not an alumn, kids didn't go, etc. I'm thinking that percentage isn't that high (however those would be the first to fall off the wagon also).

I'd say the +/- would be around 500, with the ceiling being around 1000. I know of many individuals who aren't alumni and have no children; however, they are proud North Dakotans who support the current thriving program. 1000 people may not seem like a lot, but that's the difference in driving attendance from an average 8-9k to 9-10k, which is significant. Also, with the state's population and UND's enrollment increasing, it's feasible to see UND average over 11k if they consistently win and make the postseason.

In the past I could see myself intersted in attending a game on a weekend that UND is out of town - not cheering for them but just for the experience - but not now - just too tainted from the trolls. (About 20 years ago I attended an FU/Morningside game, Morningside returned a kick off to go up 7-0 early and I cheered - then my buddy gave me the look and I sat on my hands as FU routed them the rest of the way.)

In the past I could see myself intersted in attending a game on a weekend that UND is out of town - not cheering for them but just for the experience - but not now - just too tainted from the trolls. (About 20 years ago I attended an FU/Morningside game, Morningside returned a kick off to go up 7-0 early and I cheered - then my buddy gave me the look and I sat on my hands as FU routed them the rest of the way.)

I went to a FU/Western Illinois game in 2008 (UND was off), and between the Student section chanting Sioux Suck, and not seeing UND play I didn't care to be there. My wife was cheering loudly for her Bison, I of course was quietly cheering or WIU. WIU won the game so it was a good day.

• Upvote 1

I've been to a few NDSU games over the past few seasons. In particular, I went to the NDSU-UNI game in 2011, and the NDSU-Youngstown State game in 2012. Both games were hyped up pretty good and I thought there was a good chance NDSU would lose both times. Unfortunately, NDSU prevailed in both contests, and to make matters worse, I was wearing UND clothing and the margin was not close in 2012.

I've been to a few NDSU games over the past few seasons. In particular, I went to the NDSU-UNI game in 2011, and the NDSU-Youngstown State game in 2012. Both games were hyped up pretty good and I thought there was a good chance NDSU would lose both times. Unfortunately, NDSU prevailed in both contests, and to make matters worse, I was wearing UND clothing and the margin was not close in 2012.

Ahhh the famous 2011 UNI game.... The day the dome found its voice. Very fun game.

The 12 game.... Bleh. Major major disappointment.

Leaving to be Deputy Director of Athletics. The current Iowa AD is an NDSU grad but younger than GT. Somewhat surprising that is the job the lured him away, anyone have a clue how big of a step up it actually is? Guessing its a pay raise of some sort but thought it would be an AD job at a mid-level FBS school.

Meant to put this in a while back, but Taylor isn't even getting that large of a pay bump (saw it in the Fargo Forum).

So he's going to Iowa to be #2, behind a boss who's six years younger, and he's not getting that big (>15%) raise I'd assumed.

http://www.inforum.com/content/gene-taylor-make-245k-first-year-iowa

Meant to put this in a while back, but Taylor isn't even getting that large of a pay bump (saw it in the Fargo Forum).

So he's going to Iowa to be #2, behind a boss who's six years younger, and he's not getting that big (>15%) raise I'd assumed.

http://www.inforum.com/content/gene-taylor-make-245k-first-year-iow

Some professional moves aren't about money. It's the big 10 experience which will be priceless.it almost sounds as though iowa created the job for him. He's in a great spot right now. Make no mistake about that.

He's in a necessary spot given his BCS ambitions.

Listened to him do a radio interview when the news broke. The advice he'd been given by people that he trusts is that the people which been getting BCS (yes that is his stated goal in the interview) AD positions have been getting them from positions as assistants at larger schools. Not from ADs at mid majors.

He's in a necessary spot given his BCS ambitions.

Listened to him do a radio interview when the news broke. The advice he'd been given by people that he trusts is that the people which been getting BCS (yes that is his stated goal in the interview) AD positions have been getting them from positions as assistants at larger schools. Not from ADs at mid majors.

ADs from MAC schools move on to larger schools all the time. When Taylor applied to a MAC school, he couldn't get in. This was the one opportunity for him to move on and save face. At Iowa, there was no competition for the job.

Bresciani: We really need to move on from the UND scheduling debacle.

Taylor: Why?

Brisciani: It puts us in bad graces with the Big Sky. Face it, the MAC and MWC aren't going to be offering us ever. The Big Sky has an FBS plan and we need to put ourselves in a position to go there if want FBS. If UND is FBS, but we aren't, we'll be tarred and feathered by teammakers.

Taylor: But UND and Montana State are meanies.

Bresiciani: I can be a meanie if you don't get UND on the schedule. Fullerton has assured me of a spot if we make peace with UND.

{Later}

Taylor on phone: Is this Gary Barta? About that job you jokingly offered in the past. Would you be serious?

ADs from MAC schools move on to larger schools all the time. When Taylor applied to a MAC school, he couldn't get in. This was the one opportunity for him to move on and save face. At Iowa, there was no competition for the job.

Brisciani: It puts us in bad graces with the Big Sky. Face it, the MAC and MWC aren't going to be offering us ever. The Big Sky has an FBS plan and we need to put ourselves in a position to go there if want FBS. If UND is FBS, but we aren't, we'll be tarred and feathered by teammakers.

Bresiciani: I can be a meanie if you don't get UND on the schedule. Fullerton has assured me of a spot if we make peace with UND.

{Later}

Taylor on phone: Is this Gary Barta? About that job you jokingly offered in the past. Would you be serious?

Another fantasy of yours - Have you taken your meds this morning?

I'm not sure why people care so much about Taylor moving up in his profession. It's obviously a good choice on his part and it opens up the possibility of a football game. I get that alot of people are really butthurt about Taylor not scheduling us in football and all but I think it's time to move on.

Taylor: But UND and Montana State are big meanies.

Bresiciani: I can be a big meanie too if you don't get UND on the schedule. Fullerton has assured me of a spot if we make peace with UND.

Your transcription of the tapes was slightly off so I fixed it for you. ;)

Your transcription of the tapes was slightly off so I fixed it for you. ;)

You guys realize that it takes two to negotiate a contract agreeable to both parties. You fail to mention or remember that Faison and Muss had a every other year contract that they very publicly refused.

You guys realize that it takes two to negotiate a contract agreeable to both parties. You fail to mention or remember that Faison and Muss had a every other year contract that they very publicly refused.

Not that we haven't went over it a thousand times, but it isn't negotiating when one party refuses to honor an offer they make when the other party accepts immediately after its offered.

And it doesn't matter anymore. Taylor was the last piece left to the bad blood between the administrations.

• Upvote 1

{Later}

If this weren't a und site I would swear that lakes bison posted this.

• Upvote 1