SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Since you aren't a UND football fan or an NDSU football fan, you shouldn't be trolling through football forums, nor through this thread. And to answer your question about Alabama: There are a handful of threads not posts about NDSU playing Bama on BV. You should know you posted in it.

I, as a North Dakota resident for the majority of my life... Follow collegiate sports in my native state. I'll post where I want and do not appreciate you, nor anyone else, telling me what I should or should not do.

I asked... For an example of a Bison fan claiming that NDSU would beat Alabama. You have not provided an example of a fan making a serious claim of having a better football team than UA-T.

I, as a North Dakota resident for the majority of my life... Follow collegiate sports in my native state. I'll post where I want and do not appreciate you, nor anyone else, telling me what I should or should not do.

I asked... For an example of a Bison fan claiming that NDSU would beat Alabama. You have not provided an example of a fan making a serious claim of having a better football team than UA-T.

So you think you should be able to troll on a UND message board and not get some backlash for it?  This forum is way more tolerant of contrary opinions than Bisonville, which is probably why you and other Bison fans post here.

Sorry but i'm not going to spend all day reading crap on BV just to find the fans that think they can beat Alabama, including your crap on there.  You follow collegiate sports in your native state, but not once have you posted anything positive about UND... IN ANY SPORT, here or on Bisonville.  

lol.  Number 2 sport in ND?  Did you see the 17,000 fans at the last NC?  How about the 5,000 down at KS?  What do you get for the hockey final 4 - 2,000? 

According to Wiki the attendance for just the NCAA championship for 2014 was 18,742. UND vs. Minny the night before was a similar crowd. Not to mention that it was two midwest teams playing in Philly. The 2011 Frozen four in St. Paul was soldout for both semis and the NC. That's 19,000+ per game. The regional games attendance are usually brutal but the frozen four usually has great attendance. Especially if the sioux are playing. Just wait until college hockey comes to Fargo this spring! 

In his defense, the post making that claim wasn't made by darell.

So you think you should be able to troll on a UND message board and not get some backlash for it? This forum is way more tolerant of contrary opinions than Bisonville, which is probably why you and other Bison fans post here.

Perhaps if my statement was a troll statement... However... It was not.

Now if someone... Would provide an example of an NDSU fan saying that the Bison would beat Alabama I'd be much obliged.

Now if someone... Would provide an example of an NDSU fan saying that the Bison would beat Alabama I'd be much obliged.

Well, I believe some "Bring on Bama" signs were seen in Frisco on a number of occasions the past three years.  I think that is what people are referring to.  I am willing to bet that Lakes believes that! :p

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31199-Transitive-properties-Alabama-Colorado-State-amp-NDSU/page3

NDSU - 52.

Alabama Crimson flipping Tide - 10.

amirite?

There's one.

lol. Number 2 sport in ND? Did you see the 17,000 fans at the last NC? How about the 5,000 down at KS? What do you get for the hockey final 4 - 2,000?

Ok ndsu is afraid that their delusional view of the number one sporting team in the state will drop to number 3.

That statement based in absolutely no facts whatsoever.

Simply because we want something to be true, and saying it publicly, does not make it so.

You have posted plenty of things about this contract based on no fact whatsoever.  Your post about every game from this point on being in Fargo is based on no facts whatsoever.  Faison being the main driver behind signing the deal is based on no facts whatsoever.

There are a lot of things that make sense about the series.  Financially it makes sense for both schools to continue the game past 2019.  Having the abilitity to offer an experience different from anything to players and fans since 2003, makes sense.  Hopefully, down the road UND can join FU in the playoffs and the game fits the scheduling of two top programs early in the year.  If that happens, that makes a lot of sense.   

Wow. Talk about conjecture. To assume that the second game in this low-ball contract constitutes the first game of a renewed series stretches rational thought. It doesn't matter if someone talked with their neighbor who knows a coach at the AC who said it will be OK, what you've got is what's on paper; a bargain basement deal for two games on the road stretched out over FIVE years.

Anxious to resume the rivalry and want to appear above the petty bickering? Why not agree, as Faison suggested in an email, to go to FU for free next year and wait to negotiate further games with their new AD, who some here seem certain will be open to a home and home.

What's done is done, I guess, and UND will move forward. Here's hoping Thursday's game is the start of a bright future for Sioux football. But the apparent desperation to schedule something -- anything -- with the AC suggests a lack of vision/lapse in judgment by Faison and, yes, Bub a Schweigert. Anxious for relevance? Put a capable team on the field and make some noise in the BigSky, the preeminent FCS conference in the west and the home we' ve chosen. A reasonable deal with the AC can wait for their new, more reasonable AD. Instead we feed the perception of inequality by grasping at a one-sided offer intended as an insult and persist in defining our success on an opponent we no longer play in a conference we don't' t belong to.

• Upvote 2

Wow. Talk about conjecture. To assume that the second game in this low-ball contract constitutes the first game of a renewed series stretches rational thought. It doesn't matter if someone talked with their neighbor who knows a coach at the AC who said it will be OK, what you've got is what's on paper; a bargain basement deal for two games on the road stretched out over FIVE years.

Anxious to resume the rivalry and want to appear above the petty bickering? Why not agree, as Faison suggested in an email, to go to FU for free next year and wait to negotiate further games with their new AD, who some here seem certain will be open to a home and home.

What's done is done, I guess, and UND will move forward. Here's hoping Thursday's game is the start of a bright future for Sioux football. But the apparent desperation to schedule something -- anything -- with the AC suggests a lack of vision/lapse in judgment by Faison and, yes, Bub a Schweigert. Anxious for relevance? Put a capable team on the field and make some noise in the BigSky, the preeminent FCS conference in the west and the home we' ve chosen. A reasonable deal with the AC can wait for their new, more reasonable AD. Instead we feed the perception of inequality by grasping at a one-sided offer intended as an insult and persist in defining our success on an opponent we no longer play in a conference we don't' t belong to.

This is similar to the rationale some of our fans had for preferring the Summit League/MVFC to the Big Sky Conference: "I just want to play the Bison again." :silly:  That also would have represented both a lack of vision and a lapse in judgement.  Thankfully, it didn't go down that way.  This FB program needs to set goals and objectives that go beyond having FU on the schedule at all costs and/or being in the same conference as FU.

• Upvote 2

You have posted plenty of things about this contract based on no fact whatsoever.  Your post about every game from this point on being in Fargo is based on no facts whatsoever.  Faison being the main driver behind signing the deal is based on no facts whatsoever.

There are a lot of things that make sense about the series.  Financially it makes sense for both schools to continue the game past 2019.  Having the abilitity to offer an experience different from anything to players and fans since 2003, makes sense.  Hopefully, down the road UND can join FU in the playoffs and the game fits the scheduling of two top programs early in the year.  If that happens, that makes a lot of sense.   

His name on the contract is fairly compelling.

At worst, it meets the "no facts whatsoever" standard.

Faison didn't do this on his own, he consulted other people on it including Bubba.

Indeed.  He received input from many sources.

But BF does the hiring, the firing, and signs the deal.

That's where the buck stops.

What was the attitude when UND played 2 straight home games against the Bison in back to back years? (1992,1993) for some reason the game wasn't in Fargo in 1993 like it should have. I know we were in the same conference then but that was back to back years this is 4 years in between.

It's a shame this post was glossed over.  Clearly, everyone remembers this right?  I mean, back to back games at UND meant the end of the world for Bison fans, yes?  No?  People don't remember?  Huh, kinda like in 2030 when nobody will remember there were two games back to back in Fargo.

The games are being played, that's a start.  I'm willing to bet that whatever AD we have and whatever AD NDSU has in 2017 will be able to have a civil discussion about renewing some part of the rivalry in a home-home model following the 2019 games.

What was the attitude when UND played 2 straight home games against the Bison in back to back years? (1992,1993) for some reason the game wasn't in Fargo in 1993 like it should have. I know we were in the same conference then but that was back to back years this is 4 years in between.

That is pure apples and oranges. Your example involves games scheduled by the NCC. As individual members of the NCC, neither UND nor NDSU had control over where the games took place.  Now that both schools are in different conferences, they control where and when the games take place and what money is involved.

• Upvote 2

That is pure apples and oranges. Your example involves games scheduled by the NCC. As individual members of the NCC, neither UND nor NDSU had control over where the games took place.  Now that both schools are in different conferences, they control where and when the games take place and what money is involved.

This still applies "The games are being played, that's a start.  I'm willing to bet that whatever AD we have and whatever AD NDSU has in 2017 will be able to have a civil discussion about renewing some part of the rivalry in a home-home model following the 2019 games."

Although, you've never been a fan of the current administration and this is another chance for you to spread the doom and gloom message.

Does anyone know why the NCC did that? I thought maybe it was because of the Fargodome being built but the games were still played at Dacotah Field.