SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Another reason why UND needs NDSU. If that happens it gives UND exposure that otherwise would never get. Pretty simple actually.

You think the current state of NDSU football is going to go on forever, don't you?  The instant you don't win the NC you are irrelevant to ESPN.  Just like the other FCS programs.  They just this year showed 1 game, finally. 

Not certain exactly which NDSU official he's quoting, but Schlossman just tweeted this quote from the press conference:

"It helps us fill 2015. It helps us start 2019. That's the way we're looking at it...I wouldn't look into it further than that."

FCS playoffs and Big Sky Roots Sports coverage also provides national coverage...

So again, that argument doesn't work.

UND doesn't need the rivalry game, but it does help their exposure - no question.

If you can't see that this doesn't help UND then I can't help ya. I can promise you those athletes in GF are pumped for this game next year and their work ethic just increased a notch. They would love to knock off the Bison in Fargo and working a a bit harder from now until then will only help.

Not certain exactly which NDSU official he's quoting, but Schlossman just tweeted this quote from the press conference:

"It helps us fill 2015. It helps us start 2019. That's the way we're looking at it...I wouldn't look into it further than that."

Any doubt that makes the bulletin board in the UND locker room?  It will be a huge task but I'll say this again, the game next fall could completely swings the tables from a respect, scheduling and perception standpoint if UND wins.  Win the game next fall, say "thanks but no thanks to 2019" and see what happens...........

This progam desperately needs to win a game that is relevant...I don't see that happening this year.  That's why I'm excited about the prospect of the game next year.

• Upvote 1

That'd be Habib.

Its called class makeup

Edit: if you are a UND alumnus/fan/supporter, your pessimism is part of the problem. UND football needs a passionate support system with optimism and a vision - not people who bash everything that goes on and then stay home on game day.

Get out there and support the team on Saturdays, especially now that UND has a competent leader in Bubba who is leading the program down the right path.

Fully agree with you.

However, don't mistake "passionate support" with blindly following.

When I disagree, which hasn't been often, I am gonna say it.  Perhaps if fewer people blindly followed Muss off the cliff the task would be less daunting today.  There were people that felt Muss was the wrong choice, and made wrong decisions at many points in time but chose the "passionate support" route rather than speaking publicly.

I disagree with this deal and I am speaking up.  I will support Bubba and the team.  I don't support this deal.

• Upvote 2

Any doubt that makes the bulletin board in the UND locker room? It will be a huge task but I'll say this again, the game next fall could completely swings the tables from a respect, scheduling and perception standpoint if UND wins. Win the game next fall, say "thanks but no thanks to 2019" and see what happens...........

This progam desperately needs to win a game that is relevant...I don't see that happening this year. That's why I'm excited about the prospect of the game next year.

Nice to see somebody else gets it.

You've lost yourself in this argument.

I never once said this team is going to light it up this season,but rather I simply stated the roster makeup will allow for improvement from 2014 to 2015.

Now, if UND does go around .500 this season, then 2015 should be an above average season.

There's a difference between being good in 2014 versus being able to improve from 2014 to 2015

What you stated here is where the confusion starts. I never said the team will go over .500 in 2014, although I obviously hope they do, but I did state there will be improvement from this year to next year.

We do not play NDSU this season; it is in 2015 which allows for improvement and further development.

Bottom line-you seem ready to give next year's team a "solid chance" to go to Fargo and win next year.

Based on what I have seen up until today, I would put that more like a "slim chance".

That's where we disagree.

edit: but we agree on a helluvalot more than we disagree, so let's leave it there.

Truth hurts eh.

Allow me to break down what you are saying:

You hate UND.

You hate UND so much that you would rather not start out the entire college football season via a nationally televised game because it only benefits UND.

Got it. Your thought process is slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress...I think you know the term this statement defines.

Bottom line-you seem ready to give next year's team a "solid chance" to go to Fargo and win next year.

Based on what I have seen up until today, I would put that more like a "slim chance".

That's where we disagree.

edit: but we agree on a helluvalot more than we disagree, so let's leave it there.

With a new head coach and the loss of several seniors, we don't even know how NDSU is going to be this season, nonetheless next season in 2015. 

There are several variables at play for both squads. Given the nature of the rivalry and the current situation of both teams, it will be a close, hard-fought game IMO. 

Go UND!

UND Proud

Allow me to break down what you are saying:

You hate UND.

You hate UND so much that you would rather not start out the entire college football season via a nationally televised game because it only benefits UND.

Got it. Your thought process is slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress...I think you know the term this statement defines.

Think again. I'm a huge Sioux fan but can see through my glasses what these 2 games, and especially next years, will do for the program. And I'm slow? Okie dokie.

If Fullerton's scheme to use Idaho to gain FBS status works, NDSU will be begging to join the Big Sky.

The first two Big Sky games would likely be scheduled in Grand Forks, 2017 and 2018,  

UND won't have to pay for those games.

NDSU will have to pay in 2019 for UND to come.

The Big Sky wanted NDSU to lay down the axe against UND before coming a member.

UND gets more than what's immediately apparent.

Gene Taylor would never have signed this contract, so he was told by Bresciani that he needed to leave so NDSU could go FBS and get in the Big Sky.

• Upvote 1

Think again. I'm a huge Sioux fan but can see through my glasses what these 2 games, and especially next years, will do for the program. And I'm slow? Okie dokie.

We don't need ndsu and they don't need us. I was never a fan of this 2 game series but it is out of our control so I was trying to be optimistic. You are slow because how did you come to the conclusion that UND needs ndsu from of my scenario? You are reading between non-existent lines.

If Fullerton's scheme to use Idaho to gain FBS status works, NDSU will be begging to join the Big Sky.

The first two Big Sky games would likely be scheduled in Grand Forks, 2017 and 2018,  

UND won't have to pay for those games.

NDSU will have to pay in 2019 for UND to come.

The Big Sky wanted NDSU to lay down the axe against UND before coming a member.

UND gets more than what's immediately apparent.

Gene Taylor would never have signed this contract, so he was told by Bresciani that he needed to leave so NDSU could go FBS and get in the Big Sky.

We don't need everything thread filled with your what-if scenarios, please.

• Upvote 1

We don't need ndsu and they don't need us. I was never a fan of this 2 game series but it is out of our control so I was trying to be optimistic. You are slow because how did you come to the conclusion that UND needs ndsu from of my scenario? You are reading between non-existent lines.

Go Sioux!!!!!
  • Upvote 1

Since when did NDSU start press conferences to announce future home games?

#thepowerofUND

Boom!!!!!

When?

Since UND leaked the contract news to the press when NDSU was not yet ready to address it and when we are more focused on beating a Big 12 team and making a run at another NC. 

In short, have a presser, deal with it quick and move the eff on. This is not a motivational thing for NDSU like it is for UND, it's a distraction we did not want or need in our lead-up to another great season the could very well prove to be historical with a 4-peat.

That's when . . . .

When?

Since UND leaked the contract news to the press when NDSU was not yet ready to address it and when we are more focused on beating a Big 12 team and making a run at another NC. 

In short, have a presser, deal with it quick and move the eff on. This is not a motivational thing for NDSU like it is for UND, it's a distraction we did not want or need in our lead-up to another great season the could very well prove to be historical with a 4-peat.

That's when . . . .

Did UND have a presser?  

Also, do you really think UND picked Jamal frickin Spencer to leak their info to?  LOL.

• Upvote 1

When?

That's when . . . .

Oh I forgot that ndsu is on top of the football world and deserved for the news to be released when they were ready for it to be.

• Upvote 1

Did UND have a presser?  

Also, do you really think UND picked Jamal frickin Spencer to leak their info to?  LOL.

No one gives two shyts about UND football. 

It's a bit different in Fargo in case you haven't noticed.

Media expectations.