SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

After reading this thread something very interesting is going on. Theres alot of excuses for not playing NDSU.

Play the two games in Fargo. Get the ball rolling.

You keep demanding and setting terms like Faison did the results will be the same. If Faison hadnt demanded the game be played every year the game would have been played a couple of times or more already.

Sorry son, that isn't how it's going to work. You are not an FBS program, we will not cater hand and foot to you. And I imagine Iowa and Iowa State have a much better working relationship than UND and NDSU. It wouldn't take much.

And a little free advice, lay off this particular beverage, too much of anything isn't good for the body:

koolaidman.jpg

The UND and NDSU rivalry could be like the Missou - Kansas rivalry. When Missou left the Big XII for the SEC Kansas told Missou that we will not play you anymore in any sport. At least UND and NDSU play each other in other sports still, where Missou and Kansas fans have to hope for the two schools meeting in the NCAA tournaments or any other tournaments during the year. It looks like Missou is trying to get the rivalry back together with Kansas like UND is trying to get the rivalry back together with NDSU, But Kansas like UDSU doesn't want to continue to play their rival.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article364685/It%E2%80%99s-time-for-Tigers-and-Jayhawks-to-make-up.html

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article320679/KU-MU-must-resume-their-rivalry-and-soon.html

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/7/5692266/border-war-missouri-kansas-rivalry

Missouri took over 100 years of conference history and flushed it down the toilet. I applaud Kansas for saying "screw you." And for the record, I'm no fan of the Jayhawks - at all.

Sorry son, that isn't how it's going to work. You are not an FBS program, we will not cater hand and foot to you. And I imagine Iowa and Iowa State have a much better working relationship than UND and NDSU. It wouldn't take much.

And a little free advice, lay off this particular beverage, too much of anything isn't good for the body:

koolaidman.jpg

Obviously you have no knowledge of the discord between Iowa and ISU. During the hiatus I heard ALL of the same excuses. This is nothing more than a replay except for how the NDSU and UND series stopped.

Choose your beverage wisely as it looks like Faison has finally realized he has no bargaining power. He pretty much indicated so in the article saying he would agree to the two games in Fargo to get the series going again. Just think if he would have scheduled the game along time ago. We wouldnt be having this conversation. We would be talking about the up coming game between NDSU and UND.

Missouri took over 100 years of conference history and flushed it down the toilet. I applaud Kansas for saying "screw you." And for the record, I'm no fan of the Jayhawks - at all.

Missou left for the SEC because of the uncertainty of the Big XII when Nebraska left for the B1G and Colorado left for the PAC 12, but to Kansas it's all Missou's fault.

Obviously you have no knowledge of the discord between Iowa and ISU. During the hiatus I heard ALL of the same excuses. This is nothing more than a replay except for how the NDSU and UND series stopped.

Choose your beverage wisely as it looks like Faison has finally realized he has no bargaining power. He pretty much indicated so in the article saying he would agree to the two games in Fargo to get the series going again. Just think if he would have scheduled the game along time ago. We wouldnt be having this conversation. We would be talking about the up coming game between NDSU and UND.

I think Faison is feeling the pressure from certain people to get the game back on the schedule. The way I see it, the price is too freaking high. If Faison caves in on this, every single game from now on will be in Fargo (except possibly playoff games). And that is simply unacceptable. You are not FBS. You are not in the B1G. And you don't deserve to have everything handed to you on a silver platter. And Faison would be wise not to give in on this.

Missou left for the SEC because of the uncertainty of the Big XII when Nebraska left for the B1G and Colorado left for the PAC 12, but to Kansas it's all Missou's fault.

...and Texas won't play Texas A&M either...

Nebraska in the Big 10 is as much a joke as Colorado (A Big 8 then Big 12 founding member) in the Pac-12.

I think Faison is feeling the pressure from certain people to get the game back on the schedule. The way I see it, the price is too freaking high. If Faison caves in on this, every single game from now on will be in Fargo (except possibly playoff games). And that is simply unacceptable. You are not FBS. You are not in the B1G. And you don't deserve to have everything handed to you on a silver platter. And Faison would be wise not to give in on this.

We will have to disagree on that point. But if you want to use that as a reason not to play us thats your choice.

...and Texas won't play Texas A&M either...

Nebraska in the Big 10 is as much a joke as Colorado (A Big 8 then Big 12 founding member) in the Pac-12.

And Texas was thinking of leaving the Big XII along with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

UND should just look at what's going on between Missou and Kansas and realize that playing NDSU might not happen as soon as everyone wants.

And Texas was thinking of leaving the Big XII along with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

UND should just look at what's going on between Missou and Kansas and realize that playing NDSU might not happen as soon as everyone wants.

Texas couldn't envision going anywhere without Oklahoma.

Agree on NDSU/UND...if UND can put together a couple of successful seasons, I bet NDSU will come calling.

Texas couldn't envision going anywhere without Oklahoma.

Agree on NDSU/UND...if UND can put together a couple of successful seasons, I bet NDSU will come calling.

UND's success on the field has little to nothing to do with it. If ndsu actually cared about that, they wouldn't be going to Weber St.

koolaidman.jpg

Well if Iowa and Iowa State have a much better relationship and didn't play for 40 years then why are you complaining that our schools haven't played for a decade?

UND's success on the field has little to nothing to do with it. If ndsu actually cared about that, they wouldn't be going to Weber St.

So says the school chiding NDSU for playing an overmatched Ferris State squad...while applauding their own scheduling of Valpo as a great "get an idea of where we're at as a program" game?

NDSU scheduling Weber State and Eastern Washington is their idea of needling Sioux fans...and some folks are taking the bait hook, line, and sinker.

Well if Iowa and Iowa State have a much better relationship and didn't play for 40 years then why are you complaining that our schools haven't played for a decade?

I am talking about today. And today, I would argue Iowa and Iowa State have a much better relationship than UND and NDSU. I honestly think the fan bases hate each other more now than when we were playing every year.

For being a history buff, you sure don't know sh*t from shinola. The Iowa legislature threatened to get involved.

http://thegazette.com/2013/09/11/renewing-iowa-iowa-state-rivalry-for-77-wasnt-easy/

I am talking about today. And today, I would argue Iowa and Iowa State have a much better relationship than UND and NDSU. I honestly think the fan bases hate each other more now than when we were playing every year.

Certainly couldnt argue with that.

For being a history buff, you sure don't know sh*t from shinola. The Iowa legislature threatened to get involved.

http://thegazette.com/2013/09/11/renewing-iowa-iowa-state-rivalry-for-77-wasnt-easy/

Nowhere in my post did I make a statement. Only questioned a different post. Try keeping up next time old man.

If Iowa State and Iowa have a better relationship and didn't play for forty years.... Then why expect our respective schools to be playing now? Logical question. No historical claim made.

No matter.... You'll likely be in hospice soon anyway.

My money says that Faison rolls over and takes it - I hope that this is finally the straw that gets Sioux fans together to demand change

UND fans may not like playing in Fargo twice, but the fact is they are the better team and have earned that power. Until UND proves otherwise , I see no reason not to play in Fargo. Get the series back and maybe by 2018 we will be on the same page.

UND fans may not like playing in Fargo twice, but the fact is they are the better team and have earned that power. Until UND proves otherwise , I see no reason not to play in Fargo. Get the series back and maybe by 2018 we will be on the same page.

BS!!! Weber St is worse than us.

That's right.

The University of Home Economics, based on their three straight faux division I championships, should have every game a home game.

All should come to their knees at the "dome" and humble themselves for an opportunity to sacrifice themselves at the altar of turf.

:lol:

I didn't realize the team that had the better previous year, always gets to host..... Scheduling must be a nightmare for all these AD's.

Tell me what other fcs schools schedule 2 consecutive away games at the fargodome. And tell me what other schools und schedules an away and away with no return game?