SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

High profile division 2 game or a high profile instate rivalry game?

If you are referring to one game at NDSU, then, yes, we would take the UND game. If you are referring to a home and home, no thanks--see my post above for more details.

Also, if I were a UND fan, I don't think I would be dissing on NDSU's schedule. University of Sioux Falls come to mind. Also, Ferris State would have handed you guys your jock strap this year!!

If you are referring to one game at NDSU, then, yes, we would take the UND game. If you are referring to a home and home, no thanks--see my post above for more details.

Also, if I were a UND fan, I don't think I would be dissing on NDSU's schedule. University of Sioux Falls come to mind. Also, Ferris State would have handed you guys your jock strap this year!!

Why doesn't ndsu come to und during the next 12 game season? And when is that?

Why doesn't ndsu come to und during the next 12 game season? And when is that?

I don't know when the next 12-game season is. What I do know is that NDSU is not going to forego 6 homes games to play in Forks, so even a 12-game season might not be the answer, depending on our conference schedule and away FBS game.

If you are referring to one game at NDSU, then, yes, we would take the UND game.

How come Taylor is offering 125k instead of 180k then?

Also, if I were a UND fan, I don't think I would be dissing on NDSU's schedule. University of Sioux Falls come to mind.

I don't know of a single UND fan who was happy with the USF situation. I dissed that just as much as I dissed Ferris State.

Regardless of any excuse the trolls throw out...... Weber State nullifies their argument. Again..... Weber State. Perhaps a little more slowly..... Weeebberrrr Ssssttaaaaaatttteeee

WEBER STATE!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

how come Taylor is offering 125k instead of 180k then?

Because your travel expenses are about $40-50K less than what Ferris' likely were???? Not sure.

Also, GT was willing to pay more for two games in Fargo, as filling our schedule early has value. That's my thinking anyway.

Regardless of any excuse the trolls throw out...... Weber State nullifies their argument. Again..... Weber State. Perhaps a little more slowly..... Weeebberrrr Ssssttaaaaaatttteeee

WEBER STATE!!!!!!

Wrong!! 12-game schedule when we head to Weber so we don't lose a home game. Can't believe you have not heard that before, or perhaps you just don't want to listen. IOW, you are the exact audience Faison is directing his emails to-->the uninformed. Clearly the emails are meant for the media to publish, without ALL of the very important details of course.

I don't know when the next 12-game season is. What I do know is that NDSU is not going to forego 6 homes games to play in Forks, so even a 12-game season might not be the answer, depending on our conference schedule and away FBS game.

Wrong!! 12-game schedule when we head to Weber so we don't lose a home game. Can't believe you have not heard that before, or perhaps you just don't want to listen. IOW, you are the exact audience Faison is directing his emails to-->the uninformed. Clearly the emails are meant for the media to publish, without ALL of the very important details of course.

You're talking yourself in circles there CAS. Run along back to b-ville and come up with another excuse. It still won't work.

You're talking yourself in circles there CAS. Run along back to b-ville and come up with another excuse. It still won't work.

No, the fact is you don't understand, or just don't want to understand. GT/NDSU want/s 6 home games for revenue purposes, and there is absolutely no need to stray from that. Faison needs to understand that is a given, and will not be compromised. He should work from that premise, not just throw willy-nilly years/dates out in an effort to make it look as though he is being reasonable, and so he can blind-copy the media in on his email "efforts".

Sioux Falls - transition year game would you like to go back and review your transition years schedule.

The stuff must have just got REAL if the trolls from down south had to call in ol' CAS to settle down the "rubes" up here on SiouxSports!!! :lol:

EDIT: It's like there's a big red siren down on Bozoville that goes off when stuff get's a little too hot for the loyal SU lieutenants to handle and they have to call in Capt. Aggie -- someone with a UND education -- to try and save the day!

Bold portion added for clarity (and jab factor, ... sorry CAS old chum).

• Upvote 1

No, the fact is you don't understand, or just don't want to understand. GT/NDSU want/s 6 home games for revenue purposes, and there is absolutely no need to stray from that. Faison needs to understand that is a given, and will not be compromised. He should work from that premise, not just throw willy-nilly years/dates out in an effort to make it look as though he is being reasonable, and so he can blind-copy the media in on his email "efforts".

No, the fact is you don't understand, or just don't want to understand. GT does not want to play UND in football under any circumstances. Faison needs to understand that is a given, and will not be compromised. He should work from that premise and fill the open dates with another D1 counter.

Bold portion added for clarity (and jab factor, ... sorry CAS old chum).

I'm good with that!!

Also, another major factor in our scheduling is a much-needed bye week. If you look at our last 3 years, our bye weeks came at pretty critical/important times in the season. In short, there is much more to scheduling that just having a potential opponent "75 miles up the road" from you.

No, the fact is you don't understand, or just don't want to understand. GT does not want to play UND in football under any circumstances. Faison needs to understand that is a given, and will not be compromised. He should work from that premise and fill the open dates with another D1 counter.

Assuming you are correct, I'm good with this!! If GT doesn't want to schedule UND in football, I have absolutely no problem with it. Afterall, we have won the last three FCS Natty's without you on the schedule, and the FargoDome seems to fill up nicely when we play at home.

No, I think we can both say neither of us had top tier schedules.

Finally something we can agree on. It would be nice to be able to have a few conversations that didn't feel adversarily.

I didn't say he has no interest, as the 2015 game in Fargo would help fill our schedule, but I don't believe his interest it that high, hence the lower number now that only one game in Fargo is being discussed and hence the "still negotiating" commment. Having two dates filled with two games in Fargo is worth more, while a home and home is actually a financial negative for NDSU as we would either have to give up a home game that season or forego playing and FBS guarantee game.

You mean like what he shown he's willing to do as soon as 2015? 5 home games scheduled and 5 away FCS games scheduled. That 11th game can't be at home and an FBS guarantee game, something already has to give. All these reasons/excuses why he can't and won't do certain things, but a schedule full of games that show otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Assuming you are correct, I'm good with this!! If GT doesn't want to schedule UND in football, I have absolutely no problem with it. Afterall, we have won the last three FCS Natty's without you on the schedule, and the FargoDome seems to fill up nicely when we play at home.

I agree. Now tell GT to end the shenanigans, come out of the closet, and just say it.

It's bad business to make a deal with someone who isn't acting in good faith. Faison's done what he can/should.

Just think---if BF had taken the 2 year deal for a home and home yeas ago those game would have already been played, future games would already be scheduled and the rivalry would have been renewed. But no--BF turned that down.

You mean like what he shown he's willing to do as soon as 2015? 5 home games scheduled and 5 away FCS games scheduled. That 11th game can't be at home and an FBS guarantee game, something already has to give. All these reasons/excuses why he can't and won't do certain things, but a schedule full of games that show otherwise.

I'm not following you. We have an available date in 2015 and Gene has offered it to Faison. If you are suggesting that NDSU should go to Forks in 2015, you are crazy. Frankly, and not trying to sound like a dick, but that would be like an FBS team agreeing to come to Fargo first under a H/H contract. I know, no FBS team is going to enter into a H/H contract with NDSU, but, candidly, right now NDSU is like an FBS program when compared to UND. Bitch about that last comment if you want, but it's pretty much accurate.

Also, my guess is Gene would like to leave one open date for a bye before heading into conference play.

We don't care to play UND...we don't want to play UND...we win national championships without playing UND...couldn't care less about UND...

"I'm bored at lunch today and gonna go check out what SiouxSports.com is saying anyways..."

• Upvote 2