SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Thats because unlike our guys, players get hit and lay on the ice so a penalty is called. Ive never seen our guys do that, maybe i have the goggles on

Frankly, I think UND players have taken a lot of real stupid penalties in recent years in the name of so called "old time hockey." We need a physical presence in front of and behind the net, both on offense and defense, and a good solid hit is a good thing, but give me a player who works hard, knows where he is supposed to be, understands the way rules are enforced in the game today and is smart enough to keep his wits about him. There's old time hockey, and there's new time rules.

• Upvote 4

it's an observation dumbass, so do you think UND looked like the number 2 or 3 team in the nation or for that matter even a top 20 team Friday night?

Well "dumbass" saying a #2 ranked team shouldn't be ranked because of one no show game is... basically being a dumbass! Your word son, not mine...

Bring these comments over to the fire Hak thread, it was started for people like you.

Do I think they deserve to be considered a #2 team after that...no. Do I think they should be unranked because of it....come on!

Well "dumbass" saying a #2 ranked team shouldn't be ranked because of one no show game is... basically being a dumbass! Your word son, not mine...

Bring these comments over to the fire Hak thread, it was started for people like you.

Do I think they deserve to be considered a #2 team after that...no. Do I think they should be unranked because of it....come on!

I've never been on the fire Hak bandwagon and never will be.  I just have a very high standard of play I expect to see.  it's one thing to lose but it's also another thing to have a performance like they did on friday, it was the season opener for god sakes and they played like it was a july scrimmage and didn't want to be there.  I actually believe the number two  ranking was way too high for this team to start the season, 8-12 would have been more realistic and this weekend proved that- a pathetic performance fri and an underwhellming win on sat.  doesn't mean that the number ranking won't be more realstic near the end of the season though.

My memory is fuzzy...where was Yale ranked in early October 2012?

What? The number of college hockey players in the NHL has consistently been rising the last few years and may be at an all time high this season.

In the past ten years, what percentage of former college hockey players have played at least one full season in the NHL? I don't know but I'd guess 5% of them do?

What? The number of college hockey players in the NHL has consistently been rising the last few years and may be at an all time high this season. 

You are correct, the number of former college hockey players in the NHL is at an all time high.  Last year 305 former college players spent time in the NHL.  However, that is a small percentage of former college players that are in the right age range to play in the NHL.  Redneksioux is probably conservative.  My guess is that somewhere between 5 and 10% of college players will spend at least a little time in the NHL.  The number that spend a full year in the league is probably 3% or less.  The numbers grow quite a bit if you include all of professional hockey.

In the past ten years, what percentage of former college hockey players have played at least one full season in the NHL? I don't know but I'd guess 5% of them do?

I see what you're saying I thought you meant that there aren't a lot of NHL players that are former college players but you were meaning more with how many college players there are not too many make it to the NHL and stay there.

Ban cell phones. Definition of irony: Students (and people in general) are less involved in the games because they're all on their damn cell phones, so REA improves wi-fi service this year. Brilliant.

Absolutely correct! I've commented on this while at the games many times.