SiouxSports.com Forum

You're driving & want to carpool to Philly from...

charliefunny

A bit of a luxury as North Dakota hockey fans who are now planning a trip to Philly can get the jump on tickets, seats, and hotels over fans of the Chokers or the Clowns. Surprisingly, perhaps, the NCAA is still selling some tickets. USCHO.com fan forum is always a good place to find tickets, normally if not always at cost, from good hockey fans. I have never had a problem there.

Four, three, two, one. The boys are going to Philly to get this thing done.

I was just in St. Paul for the regional (I bought two tickets a few weeks in advance in the off chance the Sioux landed there). I decided to go just for fun (I needed to be in Minneapolis anyway this past weekend) and my girlfriend and I were one of about 30 Sioux fans in attendance.

Since I live near D.C., it's an easy drive to Philly. What sucks is that Thursday game - I'd need to get out of work pretty early to beat the traffic not only through here, but Baltimore as well. Then I need to get back for work Friday morning (pressed on vacation time). Then do I get tickets to all three games, or just Thursday? Or do I just get a ticket for the Final and go up Saturday? I might just go to the title game regardless of who plays, but I've been waiting forever to see the Sioux live in the Frozen Four and to see them match up with the Gophs is so frickin' tempting regardless of the stakes.

At the very least I'll probably get to the Final and I could wait til that Friday to purchase since the tickets are electronic. What's funny is when the Sioux snuck in, I reserved a rental car for dirt cheap just in case of this and it's crazy to see it unfolding this way so far. This day felt like such a longshot after that loss to Miami.

I was just in St. Paul for the regional (I bought two tickets a few weeks in advance in the off chance the Sioux landed there). I decided to go just for fun (I needed to be in Minneapolis anyway this past weekend) and my girlfriend and I were one of about 30 Sioux fans in attendance.

Since I live near D.C., it's an easy drive to Philly. What sucks is that Thursday game - I'd need to get out of work pretty early to beat the traffic not only through here, but Baltimore as well. Then I need to get back for work Friday morning (pressed on vacation time). Then do I get tickets to all three games, or just Thursday? Or do I just get a ticket for the Final and go up Saturday? I might just go to the title game regardless of who plays, but I've been waiting forever to see the Sioux live in the Frozen Four and to see them match up with the Gophs is so frickin' tempting regardless of the stakes.

At the very least I'll probably get to the Final and I could wait til that Friday to purchase since the tickets are electronic. What's funny is when the Sioux snuck in, I reserved a rental car for dirt cheap just in case of this and it's crazy to see it unfolding this way so far. This day felt like such a longshot after that loss to Miami.

I'd go. Despite what some say on here, the opportunity to see your favorite team play at the Frozen Four doesn't happen all the time. Plus, if you don't go, you'll take it to your effing grave.... Your effing grave.

I'd go. Despite what some say on here, the opportunity to see your favorite team play at the Frozen Four doesn't happen all the time. Plus, if you don't go, you'll take it to your effing grave.... Your effing grave.

Definitely agree on going. I can't rearrange my work schedule for Thursday but, if the Sioux win, I very well might make the 11-12 hour drive down to Philly Friday after work for the championship game.