SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-Sioux Tournament Game Updates

Ray77

In all honesty who are we pulling for ? SCSU or MN? I cannot in my right mind cheer for the rodents however I have to admit a match up against them would be pretty sweet for a shot at the title. .If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Thoughts???

Like I said earlier, the team has beaten 2 Hobey Baker finalists already. Either way, they are going to face a 3rd straight tough goalie. Faragher is no slouch either and he seems to have great games against UND, except his friday night game in st. cloud. This is going to be a fun 2 weeks.

I'm all for SCSU showing that the NCHC > Big6

Plus it helps if BC makes it to the championship. Should the Sioux lose, I really don't want to be looking at a Minnesota-BC final game...I'd just have to hope the ice opens up and swallows everyone whole without getting a winner. At least if we lose to St. Cloud I could root for them against BC.

Massive opportunity for Gophs/SCSU and UND. All three teams in the east look a step better in my opinion, but someone will emerge from our half with a great shot due to goaltending.

SCSU was the better team for most of the game in late January, but Wilcox was the difference. SCSU had not looked good until OT yesterday, hopefully if they start slow again the Gophs can pop a couple and take a lead. Wilcox has carried the them much of the year and hasn't been quite as sharp down the stretch. He can still be great like he was against Michigan to wrap up the Big Ten, so I'm hoping he finds it today.

My gut says the Big Ten was weak this year and the Gophs are going to have their hands full with SCSU and even more trouble with the Sioux if we make it. But we have Wilcox and the Gophs haven't had a goalie like him since Stauber in '89.

• Upvote 1

Massive opportunity for Gophs/SCSU and UND. All three teams in the east look a step better in my opinion, but someone will emerge from our half with a great shot due to goaltending.

SCSU was the better team for most of the game in late January, but Wilcox was the difference. SCSU had not looked good until OT yesterday, hopefully if they start slow again the Gophs can pop a couple and take a lead. Wilcox has carried the them much of the year and hasn't been quite as sharp down the stretch. He can still be great like he was against Michigan to wrap up the Big Ten, so I'm hoping he finds it today.

My gut says the Big Ten was weak this year and the Gophs are going to have their hands full with SCSU and even more trouble with the Sioux if we make it. But we have Wilcox and the Gophs haven't had a goalie like him since Stauber in '89.

I'd just like to say that, with the abundance of gopher trolls who have been patrolling SS.com the past few weeks, it's refreshing to see you back on this board. Even though you root for the enemy, your level-headed input is always welcomed and appreciated.

I'd just like to say that, with the adundance of gopher trolls who have been patrolling SS.com the past few weeks, it's refreshing to see you back on this board. Even though you root for the enemy, your level-headed input is always welcomed and appreciated.

Indeed. Well said, sagard!

I have said for sometime now - I don't care if we ever play the goofs again

The pig ten can stay on the outside & show reruns of their tv games (see how long that lasts without a championship)

Go NCHC everyone smiles at a clown now & then

An honest take on the Gophers from a Gopher fan. I wish you, GFG, and FHG would post here more often so us UND fans wouldn't have to constantly read the bs that spews out of Mariucci. :glare:

An honest take on the Gophers from a Gopher fan. I wish you, GFG, and FHG would post here more often so us UND fans wouldn't have to constantly read the bs that spews out of Mariucci. :glare:

Not sure about the others but the BT has really diminished my interest in college hockey. Every weekend outside of Michigan is boring. Too many ties to the "U" to really root or care for anyone else, but at least this weekend has been fun.

Not sure about the others but the BT has really diminished my interest in college hockey. Every weekend outside of Michigan is boring. Too many ties to the "U" to really root or care for anyone else, but at least this weekend has been fun.

It's never too late to right a wrong, sagard...join us.

I really don't want to be looking at a Minnesota-BC final game...

Good heavens...really hadn't even thought of that until you mentioned it. I'd just head to church and pray if that happens - for surely, the apocalypse will be upon us.

Wow. You cannot give BC a 3 on 1, regardless of how good your goalie is. 1-0 BC

It is that top line. They have scored every BC goal in tourney so far. The rest of BC does not look that special, but that top line is incredible.