SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TOURNEY - SIOUX vs. BADGERS - Cincinnati

AZSIOUX

Major concerns I have for the game is the Wisconsin actors trying to sell penalties. Diving seems to exist in the game when the Badgers play. Just watch the game in which all Sioux fans were watching - it was easy to overlook the diving because we wanted Wisconsin to win - but look at the game and they tried to get undeserved penalties. Can we expect the behavior to continue.

I know which one you are talking about, the replay was actually pretty funny. The guy looked like he was pushed by someone invisible, because the Ohio St. player didn't even touch him. Glad the refs didn't bite on that one.

Hopefully the team plays loose against the Badgers, knowing that their season could have easily already been done.

If the team can make it by a very talented UW squad, I like their chances to make it to the F4. Not sure if Ferris will have much difficulty with Colgate, but I wasn't that impressed with Ferris in their conference tourney. They do have a very good goalie though.

Major concerns I have for the game is the Wisconsin actors trying to sell penalties. Diving seems to exist in the game when the Badgers play. Just watch the game in which all Sioux fans were watching - it was easy to overlook the diving because we wanted Wisconsin to win - but look at the game and they tried to get undeserved penalties. Can we expect the behavior to continue.

Funny story from a Fargo Force game a year or so ago: Watching a game, and a guy from the opposing team flops, getting the call. Now, I never yell anything at the other team. I encourage our team, let the refs have it, but nothing at the other team. So, this was the exception to the rule. I let out a "If you're going to dive like that, you must be a Badger commit!" A gentleman a row or two ahead of me turns and looks at me and starts laughing. End of the game, he puts on his WCHA Officials jacket to leave. I couldn't help myself, I had to ask about the look. He tells me it's the funniest thing he's heard in forever because it's so true ;)

Hopefully the team plays loose against the Badgers, knowing that their season could have easily already been done.

If the team can make it by a very talented UW squad, I like their chances to make it to the F4. Not sure if Ferris will have much difficulty with Colgate, but I wasn't that impressed with Ferris in their conference tourney. They do have a very good goalie though.

My brother is a Mankato grad student (though a very proud Sioux alum) and he couldn't believe Ferris was ranked as high as they were earlier this year when Ferris went to Kato. Apparently the Mavs just cleaned house on them. Not a team to overlook, but it sounds like they have some big weakness too. I agree that if we can be Wisco, and take some good momentum into the second game, we would have a great chance of getting to the F4. All comes down to which team shows up, the team that lost to Miami, or the team that beat W Mich. Can't wait, GO SIOUX!

They cannot get the lead - if they do it will be boring beyond belief & we usually don't show the ability to break the trap or score with any consistency

Not necessarily. While they do still have the trapping tendencies they're still not as bad as they once were. Although if they do get up 2 goals chances are they'll be trapping.

If UND gets passed Bucky, I fully expect they'll be in the Frozen Four. Bucky is no easy task though.

I remember watching this one. I was in my last year at UND, and we didn't get the channel (ESPNU i think), so we were crammed into Dagwood, with hardly any room to sit. That place just erupted with Kozek scored. Great times!

We were watching at Granite City in Fargo. Great game. Then we booked our plane tickets and made the trip to Denver..................... :sad: