SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux CC Sunday!

bigskyvikes

Just wanted to say that the lucky sweater is 5-0 in game threes since I was in college..... :sneaky:

Wish you would have worn it against Michigan a few years back! Would have been nice if you would have worn it against BC one of the three losses in the frozen four as well. Does it have any wins vs a TUC or just bottom- dwelling teams? :-)

To me it looks like the guys have been going through the motions since the Saturday game against Western Michigan.

I saw a team pretty fired up in the first period...and saw some young defensemen make some mental mistakes...

Earlier this season, I guaranteed that this team would make it to Target Center - when lots of others had totally given up on them. This isn't the most talented team UND has ever had, but with SCSU and UMD out of the tournament, they have a great opportunity to accomplish something significant this coming weekend. The coaches and team deserve some credit.

• Upvote 1

Thought we transitioned very well in the first period. Lots tape to tape passes as we broke through neutral zone with speed. Second and third we went back to just panicking and throwing puck off glass as soon as it was on our stick.

Thought Panzerella was great addition tonight. Had a great tip in second and started to throw weight around.

• Upvote 2

Thought Panzerella was great addition tonight. Had a great tip in second and started to throw weight around.

I completely agree. He definitely added a presence in the corners and in front of the net that we weren't getting often enough from Mitch MacMillan. I'd like to see him in the lineup (with Chyzyk and St. Clair again) on Friday night.

Dave

I gotta tip my hat to my alma mater, the CC Tigers. While I didn't get to see the game, my folks were there and my dad said that CC really left it all out on the ice. Thank you to seniors Josh Thorimbert, Alexander Krushelnyski, Michael Morin, Eamonn McDermott, Jeff Collette, and Archie Skalbeck. A bunch of class acts and they really played hard and didn't give up.

Congrats to my all-time favorite hockey team-UND! We're going to the Frozen Faceoff! Way to face adversity and rise to the challenge!

Survive and advance is what really matters at this time of the season but definitely some things to clean up in practice this week. Gotta be better on the breakout and really cut down on the turnovers. Ladue has been very solid all year but the last 2 games he has definitely struggled and we can't afford bad turnovers like the 2 he has made the last 2 nights that ended up in the back of the net so I hope he gets back to playing the way he can. I thought we played well at times tonight and really brought it but other times there definitely seemed to be a lull too. Have to be stronger in front of our net tying up sticks and clearing players to give Zane a chance. Get on Miami early on Friday and make them remember what happened the last time they were on the ice with this Sioux team.

I agree tenfold on this. #6 looked like a freshman this weekend. He has been maybe our best, most consistent d-man most of the year but this weekend he just didn't have it. He was a couple seconds late on his decision making which cost us the 2 goals you mentioned above. Hesitation kills and he was hesitant way too much this weekend. Let's hope the real #6 shows up in Minneapolis.

Ladue has been very solid all year but the last 2 games he has definitely struggled and we can't afford bad turnovers like the 2 he has made the last 2 nights that ended up in the back of the net so I hope he gets back to playing the way he can.

I agree tenfold on this. #6 looked like a freshman this weekend. He has been maybe our best, most consistent d-man most of the year but this weekend he just didn't have it. He was a couple seconds late on his decision making which cost us the 2 goals you mentioned above. Hesitation kills and he was hesitant way too much this weekend. Let's hope the real #6 shows up in Minneapolis.

Sunday night's period two giveaway (CC's second goal) was a terrible play. As I watched the replay, I noticed that LaDue had been on the ice for 80 seconds when he tried to fire the puck up the middle. Not excusing the decision, but he was definitely over-extended at that point. Just interesting to note, that's all.

Dave