SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Tournament

SWSiouxMN

1404 listed at the UND game today. Really seemed like closer to two thousand.

I thought it looked fuller than that on TV, so I bought tickets for the championship game online last night, rather than risk getting turned away at the door. Damn ticketmaster fees..............

I thought it looked fuller than that on TV, so I bought tickets for the championship game online last night, rather than risk getting turned away at the door. Damn ticketmaster fees..............

I picked up a pair during the hockey game last night, sounded like there was some good seats left. Tickets are only $10-15 at the box office window. Hoping it will be a good walk-up crowd, these girls deserve it.

I picked up a pair during the hockey game last night, sounded like there was some good seats left. Tickets are only $10-15 at the box office window. Hoping it will be a good walk-up crowd, these girls deserve it.

The ladies certainly have earned some fan support. C'mon Grand Forks, surprise them with 2,500 fans in the stands today!

I don't know how they're counting butts in the seats for these games, but I was at the UND-ISU game yesterday afternoon and I have been to many during the regular season. I was extremely surprised to see the 1,400 announced attendance, as I would have guessed way closer to 2,000, based on my experiences at other games this season. It sure looked and felt like it.

I have been equally surprised by the announced attendance for the non-UND games as they have been in the 900s, and that seems very inflated versus the eye-ball test of actual butts in the seats. So I don't know what is going on.

The only glaring hole yesterday at the UND-ISU game was the south side student section was nearly bare (they are on Spring Break, so cut them some slack).

Bottomline: The Betty was rocking and there was a vibe in the air like no other game this season yesterday. C'mon, Grand Forks, let's come out this afternoon and support these ladies like we did at Hyslop in the 90's!

I don't know how they're counting butts in the seats for these games, but I was at the UND-ISU game yesterday afternoon and I have been to many during the regular season. I was extremely surprised to see the 1,400 announced attendance, as I would have guessed way closer to 2,000, based on my experiences at other games this season. It sure looked and felt like it.

I have been equally surprised by the announced attendance for the non-UND games as they have been in the 900s, and that seems very inflated versus the eye-ball test of actual butts in the seats. So I don't know what is going on.

The only glaring hole yesterday at the UND-ISU game was the south side student section was nearly bare (they are on Spring Break, so cut them some slack).

Bottomline: The Betty was rocking and there was a vibe in the air like no other game this season yesterday. C'mon, Grand Forks, let's come out this afternoon and support these ladies like we did at Hyslop in the 90's!

I also thought the crowd was bigger than the reported number yesterday. In any event, the difference between a Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon, not to mention the increased stakes today, should add up to a much, much bigger crowd. I expect well over 2000, and a nearly full house would not be too surprising. It's been seven years since we've seen a game of even remotely comparable magnitude at the Betty.

Not the biggest game in women's history today, but a big one indeed. Best of luck to them in what has been a remarkable year. Coach Brewster has done a great job, and hopefully the women's basketball team is brought up in UND sports discussion like they once were.

They should play the game at Hyslop....Just cause.... :)

Not the biggest game in women's history today, but a big one indeed. Best of luck to them in what has been a remarkable year. Coach Brewster has done a great job, and hopefully the women's basketball team is brought up in UND sports discussion like they once were.

They should play the game at Hyslop....Just cause.... :)

Not to open up a big can of worms, but I'm still bitter Hyslop wasn't renovated and retained as the home of UND basketball. I loved that place.

Not to open up a big can of worms, but I'm still bitter Hyslop wasn't renovated and retained as the home of UND basketball. I loved that place.

I've said it about the Old Ralph, and I think the same applies for Hyslop. Teams were beat before they walked into that place. I was at a game when they played SDSU when SDSU was number one in the nation and SDSU was beaten by the crowd. Couldn't handle the ball, couldn't shoot the ball, and Geno's gals just piled it on.

• Upvote 1

Winner goes to the dance, loser to the WNIT

Its the experienced team with a legendary coach vs the new kid on the block and an upstart coach

Each team got a win against the other, but could have gone either way.

the first 5 minutes of this game will be crucial. UND needs to get a start like they did last night so they can get the crowd into it. Montana will need to keep the crowd out of it.

UND just needs to play their game and hit timely outside shots and take care of the ball and they will win.

UND 70

MONT 62