UND 42 vs. WMU

SCSU 42 @ CC

UNO 39 @ UMD

UMD 34

DU 34 vs. MIAMI

WMU 32

CC 24

MIAMI 17

It will be an interesting weekend. I expect UND to split, with decent odds to sweep. Sometimes I fell the squad plays better for a 2 game series stretch on the road than at home. See the Duluth series.

I just wanted UND to make the NCAA tournament a few months ago. Still do. However, with a shot to win the inaguarl NCHC regular season tournament and hardware on the line, the boys might as well wrap that up.

The games will be close. The outcome of next weekend relys on 2 complete games played by UND.

I like CC's chances of taking one at home against St Cloud next weekend.

CC has been much improved over the past month of hockey. Still at the bottom of the league, but always a threat. I see them splitting with SCSU as well.

I hope that UND and SCSU win Friday night to make it that much more interesting on Saturday night. I remember when I was a student way back when running from the student section to the TV's outside to see what was happening between Duluth and Wisconsin in the final week of WCHA play. UND was handling Tech, and needed just one win and Wisconsin to get a point to assure themselves of the McNaughton cup. Needless to say playing Tech the final weekend was instrumental in getting the cup. Played them the next weekend at home too in the playoffs.

CC has been much improved over the past month of hockey. Still at the bottom of the league, but always a threat. I see them splitting with SCSU as well.

I hope that UND and SCSU win Friday night to make it that much more interesting on Saturday night.

I'd like to see UND and SCSU both win on Friday night as well. That'll make it all that much sweeter when UND sweeps WMU on Saturday while CC takes St Cloud out behind the woodshed. :lol:

I like CC's chances of taking one at home against St Cloud next weekend.

Agreed....they have been playing much better. I'm calling split there too. I have a negative feeling we may split against WMU however. Hopefully I'm wrong.

western is one of thse weird teams this season where they play better on the road at home. in NCHC play they are 6-8 at home and 3-2-3 on the road. UND may get the conventional sweep this weekend but a regulation/ot win and a shootout win seem to be in line.

western is one of thse weird teams this season where they play better on the road at home. in NCHC play they are 6-8 at home and 3-2-3 on the road. UND may get the conventional sweep this weekend but a regulation/ot win and a shootout win seem to be in line.

Agreed....it seems to me WMU is streaky where they end up winning some games they probably shouldn't and losing games against some bottom feeders. Again, the schedule in the NCHC is so tough it can be mentally draining. There are no cupcakes. Even Miami has one of the better college players in the entire country who can take over a game.

Agreed....they have been playing much better. I'm calling split there too. I have a negative feeling we may split against WMU however. Hopefully I'm wrong.

No negative nillions allowed here on SiouxSports.com. Bring out the brooms, baby!

No negative nillions allowed here on SiouxSports.com. Bring out the brooms, baby!

haha I hope you're right. I was all in last weekend in Cloud and came away heart broken. Lost $50 to my Husky buddy....drank away my sorrows that night though :)

looking ahead, I'm inclined to think CC is a better first round match-up than Miami. Yes, Miami has sucked but they are scary in my opinion with some of the talent on that team in a best of 3.

and knowing this is their only shot to get to the big dance.

looking ahead, I'm inclined to think CC is a better first round match-up than Miami. Yes, Miami has sucked but they are scary in my opinion with some of the talent on that team in a best of 3.

I completely agree...personally I would rather face CC.

I would too, however that means we didn't win the Penrose so bring on Miami and the cup! :)

Anything that makes SCSU fans unhappy (aka playing Miami) is okay with me so I consider this all a win-win situation.

I prefer winning the Cup though. I like winning.

• Upvote 1

Just win, baby...I don't care who we play!

If we're scared of getting past last-place Miami in a best-of-three at home, then what hope do we really have for the rest of the playoffs? Every team is "desperate" in the NCAAs.

• Upvote 2

Just win, baby...I don't care who we play!

If we're scared of getting past last-place Miami in a best-of-three at home, then what hope do we really have for the rest of the playoffs? Every team is "desperate" in the NCAAs.

Yup, well put. That's one reason why I never really care what our "draw" is in the regionals because we are going to have beat some good teams no matter what, might as well earn it. I kind of doubt anyone outside of Yale fans had Yale coming out of our region last year.

Yup, well put. That's one reason why I never really care what our "draw" is in the regionals because we are going to have beat some good teams no matter what, might as well earn it. I kind of doubt anyone outside of Yale fans had Yale coming out of our region last year.

Just to add to that, if we looked at the records of number one seeds, a lot of them never make it to the Frozen Four. So, I think UND has as good of a chance advancing from Minneapolis as they do from Cinnci, Bridgeport or Worcester.

Looks like Saturday's game may not be available to some of us that usually get the game. Right now my guide shows summit league basketball on the main midco channel and I believe they are planning to put Sioux hockey on one of the alternate midco channels. The problem is I live in Minnesota and we only are offered the main midco channel so I have emailed midco in hopes that they will consider putting the summit league basketball on the alternate and Sioux hockey on the main channel but not sure if they will actually consider that or not.