SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

One recruiting scenario where it might be difficult to portray it as a cause for celebration is when your program is reduced to having to poach verbal commits from a lower-division program or programs in the last two weeks before signing day just to fill out a class. This is purely a hypothetical, mind you.  :whistling:

You realize that happens at nearly all FBS schools right?  They size up the amount of schollies they have left and fill holes where they can.  That can/does mean poaching lower level verbals.

Congrats though, you guys were recruiting players that some in the FBS thought were talented enough to deserve a scholarship at their level. (no sarcasm intended)

Nice. What would you say the skill level of the US players was? Fcs types?

They weren't the top shelf players, that is for sure.  Most of them appeared to be juniors in that game as their is an U-19 game next week, I believe.  I don't know who comprises the Canadian U-19 team, though?

I watched him play twice last year.  He was a horse in HS.

Does he run track? He is a few steps away from being impressive.

Anyway.......crickets are chirping, which is better than a bunch of news losing commits.

The last couple targets are top secret I guess-

Must not have got any recruits that were visiting  yesterday to come on board.    Maybe we aren't going to use our last 2 or 3 spots till the very end when we see what is available.    Just because someone makes a visit, does that mean we are going to offer?    I would assume we are still evaluating them on the visit(personality or how they seem to fit in).   I trust the staff.

Must not have got any recruits that were visiting yesterday to come on board. Maybe we aren't going to use our last 2 or 3 spots till the very end when we see what is available. Just because someone makes a visit, does that mean we are going to offer? I would assume we are still evaluating them on the visit(personality or how they seem to fit in). I trust the staff.

It was a small group and the two we know of aren't real active on twitter so it's hard to say. The coaches have not been as active with commitments either. Things are hopefully quiet until Wednesday.

So people are thinking the quieter the better?

For current commits the quieter the better-

Maybe a few big targets still out there.......for a February surprise, as homer eluded to.

If we sign all our current commits plus with the guys already with the team, might have crushed it.