SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I saw one of the UND coaches at a game last night. He told me that Harry Momoh from Hopkins, MN has committed. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2546824/harry-momoh-hm3

I saw Momoh play earlier this season - kid's a baller.

Be a real good addition to the class.

Bubba and company have this thing rolling both on and off the field (recruiting).

Go UND!

I saw one of the UND coaches at a game last night. He told me that Harry Momoh from Hopkins, MN has committed.  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2546824/harry-momoh-hm3

I saw Momoh play earlier this season - kid's a baller.

Let's be careful - coaches are not to be commenting on commitments.  In future, you might want to say the you "heard from a good source that".

Let's be careful - coaches are not to be commenting on commitments.  In future, you might want to say the you "heard from a good source that".

Good point. He didn't actually say it explicitly - I kind of read between the lines and figured it out.

Position will be interesting... He played a lot of OLB in the game I saw and I could see him being effective there. He's not tall, but solid and fast. Sounds like a pass-rushing OLB to me.

Ryan Schlichte committed to Mankato State not sure how much interest UND actually had but he is one of the better QBs in Minnesota and thought he might have been a good fit.

Looks like some B1Gs had some interest as well.  Maybe he just didn't want to leave Mankato....

Looks like some B1Gs had some interest as well.  Maybe he just didn't want to leave Mankato....

Most of the interest from the B1G type schools was early on I believe and my guess is he didn't quite develop into the player those schools thought he had the potential to be. I know Minnesota had a lot of interest around the summer of his junior year but it kind of trailed off and the only way he woulda ended up there now was as a preferred walk-on.

So who are the top recruits in this class? Not necessarily highest rated by rivals et al but who are the best players so far that we have committed?

From the info I have which isn't much. I'd say Momoh, Engwal and Williams are on top of the group. Like I said I don't know much though.

So who are the top recruits in this class? Not necessarily highest rated by rivals et al but who are the best players so far that we have committed?

I would guess as of right now the coaching staff would have it something like this so far.

1. Harry Momoh- This kid has the chance to have a pretty good career here. 

2. Carl Engwald- The team really wants to establish a defensive line presence and he will bring some.

3. Brady Oliviera- Due to the need of a big physical back.

4. Zach Williams- Again we want to get bigger and more athletic on the offensive line

5. Bennett or Greer- Again get bigger and more physical on the lines.

We'll know once they hit the field over the next few years..... although I'm excited for any RB and OL commits.

#toprecruitsnotalwaysthetopplayers

#wattwasa2star

#hashtagsaredumb