SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Tough to rank 5.  I think the coaches did a good job addressing needs.  Really have to be excited about the OL that were signed.  Different looking OL group than years past.  Engwall will be a good DL for us and hopefully the staff is able to retain Greer.  Looking at WR, Georges, Dulin and Santiago are athletic.  Reed looks like he could fill that toughness role that McGill brought the last few years before injury.  We got better at DB and LB.

Only concern will be depth at RB.  Would still like to see another transfer prior to next season.

Greer's twitter account still shows him as a UND commit. I think he's still very much on board.

We had an issue with 3rd and longs last year and that probably had something to do with the size of our players getting out positioned on balls down the field. I heard one of the new JUCO safeties is looking really good, on par with Reyes. Although Tillman is gone I anticipate the secondary being improved. Linebackers will be experienced with senior leadership.....improved. And I think the young d-line will be improved, too, but remains a question mark on how improved. I know a guy or two on the d-line battling some injuries......limiting workouts.

Defensive line returns four experienced players that should all play a lot: Hinojosa, Dranka, Greely, and Carrothers. Should be a good group with the young guys helping with depth.

All four linebackers from last year return along with depth; will be good group!

As for DBs, lose Tillman and Carr but Chris Carter, Brown, and Reyes all return along with new JUCO safeties and tall incoming freshmen. Should be an improved group!

Defense will again be the strength of UND's team and it will be fun to watch!

Defensive line returns four experienced players that should all play a lot: Hinojosa, Dranka, Greely, and Carrothers. Should be a good group with the young guys helping with depth.

All four linebackers from last year return along with depth; will be good group!

As for DBs, lose Tillman and Reyes but Chris Carter, Brown, and Reyes all return along with new JUCO safeties and tall incoming freshmen. Should be an improved group!

Don't forget about Harris at corner.  And you meant losing Tillman and Carr.

As for DBs, lose Tillman and Reyes but Chris Carter, Brown, and Reyes all return along with new JUCO safeties and tall incoming freshmen. Should be an improved group!

I am assuming the losing Reyes comment was a typo and not a new development?

Out of the true freshmen, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Santiago makes the biggest impact this year.

Really? I saw he posted a video of a fun he had on Instagram and wow that was impressive? What type of role do you see him in? Something similar to that of Percy Harvin, hopefully without the headaches?

Really? I saw he posted a video of a fun he had on Instagram and wow that was impressive? What type of role do you see him in? Something similar to that of Percy Harvin, hopefully without the headaches?

Similar, yes.  A lot of jet sweeps and things of that nature - just try to get the ball in his hands and see what he can do with it.  Just got a feeling about him - could turn into a Mr. Electricity type player.  I have been wrong before though :)

Did some digging looking for something on Troy Hansen today and found out a few UND connections. Hansen plays for canadien school that competes against all US high schools one being Brothers Rice who Chris Carter played for last year. Also, Brady Oliveria played for the Canada Prep team last year. Which means he played against Chris Carter last year. I suppose some of you already knew this but it's kind of interesting.

Did some digging looking for something on Troy Hansen today and found out a few UND connections. Hansen plays for canadien school that competes against all US high schools one being Brothers Rice who Chris Carter played for last year. Also, Brady Oliveria played for the Canada Prep team last year. Which means he played against Chris Carter last year. I suppose some of you already knew this but it's kind of interesting.

It's a coin flip according to SFI where Hansen ends up, I have a hunch both sides have an Indian Head -

About Santiago.....he's in my top 5 for impact players coming in.

• Upvote 1

I was just writing a little rant on UND not yet having any out about signing day stuff but they just put out a release.  Glad to see they are doing the live chat tomorrow again.  Better late then never:

The North Dakota football program will begin receiving signed National Letters of Intent from early Wednesday morning and UNDSports.com will be your one-stop destination for all the information on the 2015 recruiting class.

The staff at UNDSports.com will provide biographical information and highlight videos on each recruit after their papers are processed and approved by the UND Compliance Staff.

Fans can join a live chat with football sports information director Ryan Powell at 7 a.m. The football coaching staff will also be a part of a special UND Insider Weekly live stream from the UND Athletic Offices from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. where they will answer live questions from host Matt Schill and fans across North America via the online chat as the class begins to fill itself out.

Live chat coach schedule:

Head coach Bubba Schweigert will also meet with the local and regional media at 1:30 p.m. for his annual Signing Day press conference. Archived video of that event will also be available on UNDSports.com shortly after its conclusion.

Fans will get a chance to meet and greet the football coaching staff later in the day at the Alerus Center where the annual Signing Day Party will begin with a social at 5:30 p.m. Schweigert and his assistant coaches will then start the official program at 6 p.m. where they will discuss and show highlights of the 2015 signing class.

The UND Coaches Show presented by Ground Round will also do a live remote from the Alerus Center lobby on Wednesday. Fans can listen to that broadcast on 1440 AM and across the Home of Economy Radio Network from 6:30-7:30 p.m.