SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

So flying to Texas, Washington, New Mexico and Idaho is so much better? I think Kennedy is thinking more in the line of bus trips to Fargo, Brookings, Vermillion and Omaha. Or maybe Bemidji, St. Cloud and Moorhead is more plausible than the BSC/WAC set up. But keep the dream alive. Maybe when all of the Big Sky presidents get back from vacation there will be a big press conference. I bet Whicita State backers are bursting with excitement in anticipation of that powerhouse FB conference. Who doesn't think big time football when you see UTRGV, Lamar, Northern Colorado and UND. I am surprised they have been able to keep it secret this long.

You and your fellow trolls have been spreading rumors on the entire Internet that UND is going back to  DII.  How is that for your rumor?

Can't wait for your profound shock when UND steps up to FBS and the WAC.

Wichita St just needs an FBS invite and their fans will be tickled pink.  After they are full FBS, they will move on to the AAC, MWC, or CUSA.  Never said they and Mo St wouldnt move on.  When they do, the WAC can backfill again with Davis, Poly, and SAC.

Would be cool if Omaha and Denver both accept WAC invites.  The Slummit would be forced to take on more DII teams, but that's it's  history.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You trolls can simply not read or certainly not do simple arithmetic.

The WAC needs to be a full FBS conference by 2022 to be part of the CFP FBS table for contract negotiations.  That might be cutting it close.

I stand corrected, 6 years of nonsense not 9. Not that it matters. You'll just change the deadline again anyway.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You and your fellow trolls have been spreading rumors on the entire Internet that UND is going back to  DII.  How is that for your rumor?

Wichita St just needs an FBS invite and their fans will be tickled pink.  After they are full FBS, they will move on to the AAC, MWC, or CUSA.  Never said they and Mo St wouldnt move on.  When they do, the WAC can backfill again with Davis, Poly, and SAC.

Would be cool if Omaha and Denver both accept WAC invites.  The Slummit would be forced to take on more DII teams, but that's it's  history.

SiouxVolley

• SiouxVolley
  • Members
  •  
  • 3,213 posts
On 1/3/2015 at 6:04 PM, bang said:

No, what I'm saying is no school has really stated they want to go FBS. Fullerton has stated a hypothetical. If all these certain things happen we may want to do this.

As a commissioner, Fullerton is employed at the behest of Big Sky Presidents. If a majority did not want him to speak on the subject, he would have kept his mouth SHUT.

At least eight BSC presidents want to pursue FBS for the Big Sky. I'm saying Kelley is a yes vote, otherwise we would be sharing bread crumbs with Idaho St and SUU.

Politics 101 of a conference. Fullerton is not in charge, but his job is to be out in front when the Presidents don't want to be yet.

I find that interesting since Fullerton said I quote "That he couldnt sell it" meaning the move up. 

Many untruths youve posted.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Just because you keep repeating the same thing doesnt mean its true. Kind of like this statement you posted----how did this turn out??

""""The NCAA will make a rule change this summer where orphan FBS teams can join FCS conferences and they can all move up to FBS if enough transition properly.  That's why the Big Sky is so anxious to lock in Idaho football.  Since its the Frozen Four weekend, their isn't a lot of enthusiasm to talk about it now.  Bison and Jack fans are dead set against it and insist that it won't happen, because UND has a path to FBS then.  UND would need a stadium expansion, and alot of fans see that as too much of a stretch goal.

This summer will be huge in Big Sky history.""""

Theres hundred like this. Let  me know if you want to travel down memory lane.  :lol:

siouxvolley didn't make kenndey say "conference afiliation"

so...

a move to the slummit where there is no offer and hasnt been one in ten years....10% of happening or less

a move to d2...less than .005% of happening or less

so what does that really leave?

a move to the  WAC (fbs or otherwise)...50% or more of happening

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

siouxvolley didn't make kenndey say "conference afiliation"

so...

a move to the slummit where there is no offer and hasnt been one in ten years....10% of happening or less

a move to d2...less than .005% of happening or less

so what does that really leave?

a move to the  WAC (fbs or otherwise)...50% or more of happening

Ugh.  Why 50%?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ugh.  Why 50%?

bc when a conference gets to 16 a split/separation of some sort is more than likely to happen...find 8 (or 12) schools that have fb and and do a slow transition to fbs over a certain time period...

maybe un-o and wichita do start fb with fcs and transtion to fbs with the wac

und

usd

omaha

wichita state

montana

montana state

idaho

nmsu

maybe add in sac state, portland state, poly, and uc-davis and split east west

und

usd

omaha

wichita state

montana

montana state

idaho

nmsu

poly

davis

portland 

sac state

43 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Just because you keep repeating the same thing doesnt mean its true. Kind of like this statement you posted----how did this turn out??

""""The NCAA will make a rule change this summer where orphan FBS teams can join FCS conferences and they can all move up to FBS if enough transition properly.  That's why the Big Sky is so anxious to lock in Idaho football.  Since its the Frozen Four weekend, their isn't a lot of enthusiasm to talk about it now.  Bison and Jack fans are dead set against it and insist that it won't happen, because UND has a path to FBS then.  UND would need a stadium expansion, and alot of fans see that as too much of a stretch goal.

This summer will be huge in Big Sky history.""""

Theres hundred like this. Let  me know if you want to travel down memory lane.  :lol:

So a recognition that some Big Sky schools will go FBS was Faulty?

Corporations paid me for my insight into problem solving.  It's never precise at first, but you demand that.

How did you and Bozoville's prediction that UND wouldn't go DI Go?  All the board was saying that.  Certainly all Bisonville aren't that Idiotic?  

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bc when a conference gets to 16 a split/separation of some sort is more than likely to happen...find 8 (or 12) schools that have fb and and do a slow transition to fbs over a certain time period...

und

usd

omaha

wichita state

montana

montana state

idaho

nmsu

und

usd

omaha

wichita state

montana

montana state

idaho

nmsu

poly

davis

portland 

sac state

Somehow somewhere UMKC and UTRGV have to be accomodated, as well as NMSU.  Edinburgh wouldn't build a 24k stadium unless they had some assurance that UTRGV would need it.

37 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

und

usd

omaha

wichita state

montana

montana state

idaho

nmsu

und

usd

omaha

wichita state

montana

montana state

idaho

nmsu

poly

davis

portland 

sac state

That'll be a great FBS conference. Eight current FCS schools, only two of which have had much success at that level,  plus two schools that previously dropped football, and two other schools that got kicked out of a lower-level FBS conference.

I believe the 6 FCS schools listed, excluding the Montana schools, have a grand total of 1 FCS(1AA) playoff victory ... one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

That'll be a great FBS conference. Eight current FCS schools, only two of which have had much success at that level,  plus two schools that previously dropped football, and two other schools that got kicked out of a lower-level FBS conference.

I believe the 6 FCS schools listed, excluding the Montana schools, have a grand total of 1 FCS(1AA) playoff victory ... one. 

Although I agree with you in general on the whole BSC/WAC idea, how successful was South Dakota State at the DII level?  

Once you look it up (or ask me, it doesn't take long to write down their DII playoff record), why did that not stop them from transitioning to and having success in the FCS?

• Upvote 3

Don't know if I believe this scenario is going to happen, ... But 6 years can be a long time with a lot of changes happening over that length of time. An example is NDSU's move up with UND saying they are not going DI in any other sports than hockey. Then UND moves in less than 6 years. Guessing that not all of the schools being listed here will make the move to a WAC (if that is indeed what happens), ... think South Dakota, Northern Colorado...

the rest of the story sure makes the Bison trolls spin, though. seems they are often the one resurrecting this thread. :)  makes for fun reading while we wait for football to actually get started.

35 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

NMSU and Wichita St want and need more Texas presence for their enrollment and athletic presence.  Sam Houston St, Lamar and maybe Stephen F Austin see the WAC as their FBS ticket.

agreed...that's why even in some of your predictions nmsu and wichita might be temps til sac state, portland state, or sdsu or ndac join later...i think you lose a few people when you start expanding into southern texas with utrv adn lamar and whatnot...a nice solid eight or ten or 12 team northern based like minded schools with or without fbs status is quite doable...

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I agree with you in general on the whole BSC/WAC idea, how successful was South Dakota State at the DII level?  

Once you look it up (or ask me, it doesn't take long to write down their DII playoff record), why did that not stop them from transitioning to and having success in the FCS?

Yes, SDSU has done remarkably well in FCS, better than might have been reasonably expected.. But many of the schools listed as part of this theoretical conference are also fairly recent DII move ups, and some of them were more successful at the DII level than was SDSU. If they have not had much success moving up to FCS, why would anyone assume that they will have more success moving to FBS?

Just now, Gothmog said:

Yes, SDSU has done remarkably well in FCS, better than might have been reasonably expected.. But many of the schools listed as part of this theoretical conference are also fairly recent DII move ups, and some of them were more successful at the DII level than was SDSU. If they have not had much success moving up to FCS, why would anyone assume that they will have more success moving to FBS?

how many good fb players have come out of wichita in the couple of decades that they haven't had a fb team...wichita is a very large town right in the hotbed of fb recruiting...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how many good fb players have come out of wichita in the couple of decades that they haven't had a fb team...wichita is a very large town right in the hotbed of fb recruiting...

Today I learned Kansas is a recruiting hotbed.