SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 baseball

darell1976

Actually d76 it's the other way around. We have threads for all our sports. (most all). Not like you guys that only have "other sports" You guys only comment when you play us, BV has a ton of posts and are followed all year. Must suck to be wrong again!

You have more posts in one thread about UND than you have in entire forums for many other sports. Get a life.

I would say step 1. has a major asterisk. An autobid was handed by a conference that does not meet the NCAAs own minimum qualifications. Now you know why the Power 5 Conferences don't want anything to with the Low Major programs. Many more deserving teams - can't disagree with them on this one.

I am pretty confident that any P5 conference baseball team that was worth a crap was awarded a spot in the tournament. There is a fair amount of inter-conference play in baseball. Hell UND should be proud that a team they beat twice won three straight games to qualify for a national tournament. Don't understand your logic on this one 'ol boy, but I guess only one asterisk on ten points ain't all bad. Roger Maris hit 61 home runs and he still got one.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but RPI applies to baseball as well. Go to www.baseballamerica.com if you don't believe me.

Obviously you missed the slam that NDSU fans only care about those two sports and throw the RPI around only when it benefits them. If the RPI puts them at the bottom, you never hear a peep from them about it.

I am pretty confident that any P5 conference baseball team that was worth a crap was awarded a spot in the tournament. There is a fair amount of inter-conference play in baseball. Hell UND should be proud that a team they beat twice won three straight games to qualify for a national tournament. Don't understand your logic on this one 'ol boy, but I guess only one asterisk on ten points ain't all bad. Roger Maris hit 61 home runs and he still got one.

I'm sure there are plenty of power conference teams who would do better in the tournament than some of these smaller conference schools but if they wanted the best 64 teams they wouldn't award autobids to some of the conferences that they do and would only invite who the committee felt was the top 64 teams in the nation regardless of conference.

Obviously you missed the slam that NDSU fans only care about those two sports and throw the RPI around only when it benefits them. If the RPI puts them at the bottom, you never hear a peep from them about it.

It apparently wasn't obvious to me or I wouldn't have called you on it. Saying that NDSU fans only care about football and basketball is as foolish as saying UND fans only care about hockey. I personally don't believe that either statement is true. Stating an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a fact.

I'm sure there are plenty of power conference teams who would do better in the tournament than some of these smaller conference schools but if they wanted the best 64 teams they wouldn't award autobids to some of the conferences that they do and would only invite who the committee felt was the top 64 teams in the nation regardless of conference.

Correct - just like basketball for instance - it's not the best 64 teams but this isn't unique to baseball. su made it. they didn't break any rules just did what they had to. su fans shouldn't brag too much but give hem credit for making it. I would be proud if UND had the same opportunity and did what they had to.

Good point, and the same is true for the Big Dance, men and women. I am sure the same applies to women's softball as well. Conference affiliation has to mean something or the NCAA starts to fall apart at the seams. That may not be all bad, but the NCAA, like most levels of government, needs a general housecleaning from time to time. Both the federal government and the NCAA are both overdue in my opinion.

It apparently wasn't obvious to me or I wouldn't have called you on it. Saying that NDSU fans only care about football and basketball is as foolish as saying UND fans only care about hockey. I personally don't believe that either statement is true. Stating an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a fact.

That's right they only care about football, men's basketball, and UND.

That's right they only care about football, men's basketball, and UND.

What's wrong with a little brotherly or sisterly support. Everything doesn't have to be a sibling rivalry or a civil war like you and the other LUNATIC FRINGE from NDSU are usually posting on this message board. As I have stated before, why not save that for Montana, Minnesota, or the LOWER half of Dakota Territory.

Correct - just like basketball for instance - it's not the best 64 teams but this isn't unique to baseball. su made it. they didn't break any rules just did what they had to. su fans shouldn't brag too much but give hem credit for making it. I would be proud if UND had the same opportunity and did what they had to.

Didn't necessarily break any rules but as previous stated, the conference doesn't currently meet the minimum requirements for an autobid. It was only granted due to a waiver.

What's wrong with a little brotherly or sisterly support. Everything doesn't have to be a sibling rivalry or a civil war like you and the other LUNATIC FRINGE from NDSU are usually posting on this message board. As I have stated before, why not save that for Montana, Minnesota, or the LOWER half of Dakota Territory.

That's easy "Jealousy" of NDSU's success. If UND had any this wouldn't be a problem.
  • Upvote 1

ahhh, playing a game against the number 1 overall seed is a nice way of saying NDSU is the worst team in the field... Of course you should have heard/seen Bison fans ragging on Weber St. during the basketball season.. hey just a minute were are the #BUTRPI wizzards from NDSU now 248 out of 302 - holy !@#$ any other team they would on that teams site ripping them..

ndsu is definitely one of the last seeds. youngstown qualified and their record is 16-36. theyre playing in the Indiana region. some of it has to do with travel reasons. we got hot at the right time. play the summit tournament again this weekend and we very well could go 0-2

ndsu is definitely one of the last seeds. youngstown qualified and their record is 16-36. theyre playing in the Indiana region. some of it has to do with travel reasons. we got hot at the right time. play the summit tournament again this weekend and we very well could go 0-2

NDSU was not necessarily one of the last seeds, chronologically, because they received an auto-bid by virtue of winning the Summit League. But I do agree with your premise of teams getting hot at the right time. Baseball teams with good pitching have the capability to truly dominate if a pitcher on a given day has "good stuff", outstanding defensive plays are made, and then all you need from the offense is one run to win. Don Larsen, from those dreaded 1956 Yankees, Sandy Koufax of the beloved 1963 Dodgers, or Curt Schilling of the previously Bambino Cursed Red Sox in 2004 proved that in the World Series. Outside of Mayville State when was the last time collegiate baseball at either UND or NDSU accomplished anything remotely close to national recognition in baseball. On top of the recognition that NDSU is receiving, UND can claim they beat them twice during the regular season. Sounds like a gift to the entire STATE. :xmas:

With all the success NDSU has had you must be miserable to be around......

Yes, indeed.

All of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science graduates now earn a free Big Mac as employees of the month!

Good for them! :silly:

Yes, indeed.

All of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science graduates now earn a free Big Mac as employees of the month!

Good for them! :silly:

Your comment above your picture begs another comment, no one can or should take anything away from Craig Bohl's achievements at NDSU, but sometimes it's best that people move on. :)