SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 baseball

darell1976

Being a Bison fan on here is one thing but pretending you are a UND fan only to get caught is really pathetic.

As my deceased friend, Tom Clifford said many times, support for our Great State of North Dakota is never a bad thing. Now you can spin this any way you want, but I agree with that statement and always will.

As my deceased friend, Tom Clifford said many times, support for our Great State of North Dakota is never a bad thing. Now you can spin this any way you want, but I agree with that statement and always will.

So why don't you go to Bisonville.com and tell them they should cheer for UND, to support our great state of North Dakota. Wait, I have to grab my popcorn first.

So why don't you go to Bisonville.com and tell them they should cheer for UND, to support our great state of North Dakota. Wait, I have to grab my popcorn first.

I will give you that Bisonville is the lair of NDSU's Lunatic Fringe much as Sioux Sports is the same for UND. That's not to say there aren't reasonable and objective fans on each message board, but each one is where most of the goofballs like you or wyobisonman hang out. A simple fact remains there are a great number of people that appreciate successes by both UND and NDSU. Historically since let's say roughly 1960 UND Hockey has had National fame at the highest level and NDSU football, to a somewhat lesser extent, has experienced national exposure at the D-2 and more recently at the FCS level with additional success against a limited schedule of FBS competition.

Neither school obviously has to apologize for those achievements. If you want to call the same person who sits at a UND hockey game against Wisconsin or an NDSU game against Minnesota some form of traitor well go ahead. You are the one that looks foolish not that person.

I will give you that Bisonville is the lair of NDSU's Lunatic Fringe much as Sioux Sports is the same for UND. That's not to say there aren't reasonable and objective fans on each message board, but each one is where most of the goofballs like you or wyobisonman hang out. A simple fact remains there are a great number of people that appreciate successes by both UND and NDSU. Historically since let's say roughly 1960 UND Hockey has had National fame at the highest level and NDSU football, to a somewhat lesser extent, has experienced national exposure at the D-2 and more recently at the FCS level with additional success against a limited schedule of FBS competition.

Neither school obviously has to apologize for those achievements. If you want to call the same person who sits at a UND hockey game against Wisconsin or an NDSU game against Minnesota some form of traitor well go ahead. You are the one that looks foolish not that person.

And a fan of either school that doesn't like the other does not have to apologize either.

• Upvote 1

To actually add some baseball info WAC Champion - Sac St. was placed in the 2014 San Luis Obispo Regional (Host: Cal Poly)

(1) Cal Poly, (2) Arizona State, (3) Pepperdine, (4) Sac St.

National Rankings Cal Poly (6), Pepperdine (24), ASU and Sac St. receiving votes.

1st Round:

Cal Poly 4-2 over Sac St. 4-2

Pepperdine 3-2 over ASU

2nd Round:

Sac St 5-4 over ASU - ASU eliminated.

Pepperdine 2-1 over Cal-Poly

3rd Round (today):

Sac St plays Cal-Poly in an elimination game.

Bulk Truck - you can now go back to your regular scheduled programming.

To actually add some baseball info WAC Champion - Sac St. was placed in the 2014 San Luis Obispo Regional (Host: Cal Poly)

National Rankings Cal Poly (6), Pepperdine (24), ASU and Sac St. receiving votes.

1st Round:

Pepperdine 3-2 over ASU

2nd Round:

3rd Round (today):

I would imagine there was some logic to your post. You are probably at the very least from North Dakota. It's pretty simple

on college baseball for UND/NDSU. UND won both games, that's called bragging rights! :)

I would imagine there was some logic to your post. You are probably at the very least from North Dakota. It's pretty simple

on college baseball for UND/NDSU. UND won both games, that's called bragging rights! :)

I am merely posting information about the Conference Champion and NCAA tournament participant information for the WAC. You do realized that this is the conference that UND plays in. To me talking about the WAC and Sac St is more relevant to UND that talking about NDSU.... sorry..

I am merely posting information about the Conference Champion and NCAA tournament participant information for the WAC. You do realized that this is the conference that UND plays in. To me talking about the WAC and Sac St is more relevant to UND that talking about NDSU.... sorry..

If you think that mess called the WAC or what's left of a once proud and competitive conference is something to be pounding the drum for, you are as shortsighted as NDSU fans who think the SL or MVFC is an end destination. .....SORRY.

If you think that mess called the WAC or what's left of a once proud and competitive conference is something to be pounding the drum for, you are as shortsighted as NDSU fans who think the SL or MVFC is an end destination. .....SORRY.

Where did he say that?

How did you get that from my comment? Let me check - UND Sports - Other Sports - 2014 Baseball - post is talking about the 2014 WAC Conference Champ in the NCAA tournament. If you would like to bash the WAC go ahead.. If you would like to talk about a future conference or the current sports offerings by UND. I do believe that we have other threads for those topics.

How did you get that from my comment? Let me check - UND Sports - Other Sports - 2014 Baseball - post is talking about the 2014 WAC Conference Champ in the NCAA tournament. If you would like to bash the WAC go ahead.. If you would like to talk about a future conference or the current sports offerings by UND. I do believe that we have other threads for those topics.

You are correct there is no need to bash the WAC! They can do that themselves very easily! You, I might add are the one who brought all the WAC baseball information into the discussion. Just like you have every right to state your opinion, so shall I!

1st Round:

Pepperdine 3-2 over ASU

2nd Round:

3rd Round (today):

Thank you for posting info about OUR conference tournament.

The big time Florida schools are struggling in the tourney as #2 national seed Florida and #5 national seed Florida State were eliminated after going 0-2 and the other big Florida school Miami will have to try to work their way back through the losers bracket if they want to move on. I think Sac St. could have a decent chance of beating Poly as the ESPNU guys said Poly's Sunday starter has been spotty all year and they do lack a little bit of pitching depth.

The big time Florida schools are struggling in the tourney as #2 national seed Florida and #5 national seed Florida State were eliminated after going 0-2 and the other big Florida school Miami will have to try to work their way back through the losers bracket if they want to move on. I think Sac St. could have a decent chance of beating Poly as the ESPNU guys said Poly's Sunday starter has been spotty all year and they do lack a little bit of pitching depth.

California schools have had a very solid tourney so far. San Diego State might be an exception.

Beware of a wolf in sheep's clothing. darell will only tell you what HE want's you to hear not what you should hear!

Last I saw UND was in the WAC. So it's our conference. I think you should stick to things you know like the MVFC and the Summit Bison Truck.