SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO @ NORTH DAKOTA - Saturday

gfhockey

0-10 on the PP this weekend. If I reach my hand in a working blender you think I'm waiting until the 10th time to figure this is not a good idea or I might need to change my approach?

This PP is as bad as UND has ever had that I can remember. 3 for last 38..........

Clark taketh (Friday) and he giveth away (Saturday).

Can't remember a weekend where UND lost 90% of races to the puck. Not a hockey mind but the "stubborn" D&C system probably won't succeed losing almost every foot race.

Who would have thought in October that UND could get well by playing Miami at home in February..........

I think miss Sioux is correct... we are starting to see the effect of losing so many of our forward recruits. The goals we do score are hardly pretty and when we make a good play the boys typically screw it up. When I just mentioned has been an ongoing issue the whole year, last nights game was a result of multiple defensive (both forwards and defensemen) breakdowns and a low compete level. However that UNO team did have much better forwards than we do.

Another thing to consider is that blais is such a great coach, you are starting to see him build a decent program down there. He also has the two leaders in USHL scoring coming in next year. UNO could be pretty good next year if they can find a goalie. another tidbit, I believe Kristo was the last blais recruit (could be wrong here) meaning hak was riding blais recruits for a while.

First time UND lost a game after leading by 2 or more goals in TWO YEARS!! Just putting things in perspective.

Yeah crazy; I think that's why this loss stung so bad. not only giving up the lead but giving up 5 straight. not sure what was going on in that bench.

Yeah crazy; I think that's why this loss stung so bad. not only giving up the lead but giving up 5 straight. not sure what was going on in that bench.

I really think that 2nd goal that hit Saunders in the mitt and popped in to the crease was a tough, tough goal to allow. Then the freak goal off Simpson's skate and just to top it off, the absolutely awful goal that was maybe moving a mile an hour that Clarke missed. That's how we lost that game.

I'd say Saunders is credited with 3 bad goals in this game. I wanted to see Hrynkiw in the 3rd period to breath some life back into the team because it was clear our goalie's confidence was shot.

I think miss Sioux is correct... we are starting to see the effect of losing so many of our forward recruits. The goals we do score are hardly pretty and when we make a good play the boys typically screw it up. When I just mentioned has been an ongoing issue the whole year, last nights game was a result of multiple defensive (both forwards and defensemen) breakdowns and a low compete level. However that UNO team did have much better forwards than we do.

Another thing to consider is that blais is such a great coach, you are starting to see him build a decent program down there. He also has the two leaders in USHL scoring coming in next year. UNO could be pretty good next year if they can find a goalie. another tidbit, I believe Kristo was the last blais recruit (could be wrong here) meaning hak was riding blais recruits for a while.

Wouldn't that mean that Blais recruited Kristo when he was about 12?! This doesn't seem right to me but Kristo came here knowing full well that Hakstol was the coach so I think we can give up the Blais recruited players approach 10 years after he's left the program :lol: .

I really think that 2nd goal that hit Saunders in the mitt and popped in to the crease was a tough, tough goal to allow. Then the freak goal off Simpson's skate and just to top it off, the absolutely awful goal that was maybe moving a mile an hour that Clarke missed. That's how we lost that game.

Agree...2nd goal was a simple trapper catch. 3rd was Simpson in wrong place wrong time...which happened way too much all weekend. He is better than his play this weekend.

Wouldn't that mean that Blais recruited Kristo when he was about 12?! This doesn't seem right to me but Kristo came here knowing full well that Hakstol was the coach so I think we can give up the Blais recruited players approach 10 years after he's left the program :lol: .

Like I said I could be wrong I just know blais recruits rolled for about 4-5 years after he left. zajac, toes, all those guys.

Actually, I thought I saw Blais talking to Kristo at the Bloomington Hockey Jamboree when Danny was a 6 year old Beginner Mite...

Most of haks success came with blais recruits, that is a fact. Not all but most (those 4-5 years after blais left). I believe the top hak recruit playing in the NHL is frattin.

• Upvote 1

Most of haks success came with blais recruits, that is a fact. Not all but most (those 4-5 years after blais left). I believe the top hak recruit playing in the NHL is frattin.

Hakstol's best record was 32-8-3 in 2010-2011. They lost in the semi-finals. That was his 7th season as head coach. Not many Blais recruits, if any, left by that point.
  • Upvote 1

Hakstol's best record was 32-8-3 in 2010-2011. They lost in the semi-finals. That was his 7th season as head coach. Not many Blais recruits, if any, left by that point.

Like I said... most. you didn't catch that... first word of my sentence... see it?